3rd Trimester

Anyone NOT planning to get the Tdap and Flu Shots??

My doctor has recommended that I get a Tdap and a Flu Shot at my next appointment...

Wondering if anyone has opted NOT to get these shots - and why?

I know, and have read a lot on everyone's reasoning for choosing to get the shots...so I am really just looking for insight from those that chose or are choosing NOT to get the shots... 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anyone NOT planning to get the Tdap and Flu Shots??

• MH and I got ours....both of them.  With the baby being born in November (right in the middle of flu season) I felt like it would be selfish for us not to get them. Our pediatrician actually recommended that our family and all immediate handlers of the baby get it. They have all agreed to it so far.  
    Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I never get the flu shot...my kids do when they are over 1, but I never do.  No good reason for that really except I always get aches, pains, flu symptoms for a couple days after when I get it so I avoid getting it. 

I'm up on the Tdap booster already (before I was pregnant). 

Two boys already - ages 5 and 3...

...baby #3 is here...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I wasn't til my nurse showed me the medical journal on the actual study.  I went to Walgreens and got the preservative free flu shot.  The boys are covered and so am I for the 5 strains that might be out.  I didn't get either with Cathleen because we would be in the house.  But since DD goes to daycare I don't want her bringing home anything that could get them sick.
  • Absolutely not. Too dangerous. Educate before you vaccinate. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not at all interested in getting into a debate on this, because people on here get CUH-RAZY on this topic...so I won't reply to anyone that tries to "flame" me.  That being said, no one in my house ever gets the flu shot.  We've also never had the flu, ever, and if we did, so what? You get sick, you get over it. The number of cases, and especially the number of flu related deaths are wildly exaggerated.  I've been told this by several doctors and other medical personnel.  I do vaccinate my kids, however on a delayed schedule.  I also Do not do the hep b vaccine that for some insane reason they want to give to newborns, or the antibiotic eye gel, that is to protect against gonorrhea and chlamydia.  I don't have either, and was tested (as we all are when pregnant) and my midwife told me that gel is only %50 effective anyway.  I will get the tdap, but not until after I deliver.  My husband and the grands are getting it too.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • There are valid reasons to not get a flu shot, mainly history of Guillen Barr syndrome. I have a friend who did get it from a flu shot most likely. Howeverer it is extremely rare and I and my family continue to get the flu shot every year. As well post partum moms are extremly susseptible to viruses etc during first 6 weeks post partum it will protect you as well as baby. Pertussis is making a huge comeback. I highly recommned that shot.

• imageMeagan0528:
    MH and I got ours....both of them.  With the baby being born in November (right of flu season) I felt like it would be selfish for us not to get them. Our pediatrician in the middle actually recommended that our family and all immediate handlers of the baby get it. They have all agreed to it so far.  

Yes

We get both of these, and so will our children. 

• I didn't get the flu shot. I have never had the flu shot or the flu for that matter so I just don't see the point. They also just make a guess as to which strain will be hitting what year so it's possible that a strain other then what they give to protect you from will hit, so that is even more what's the point? But I think it's a personal choice, you should read up on all info that you can and make the decision based on what you feel is best for you and your family. You should not put that decision in the hands of people you have never met.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Saying, "I never get the flu so I'm not getting the shot" is the same as saying, "I've never been in a car accident so I don't wear my seat belt." They're both preventative measures. Wearing your seat belt doesn't guarantee you won't get hurt, but it makes the odds in your favor a lot better. That's the same opinion I have with vaccines.

FWIW, the CDC states there were 115 confirmed cases of infant deaths due to flu during the 2010-2011 flu season alone.  To give this some sort of context, drop-side cribs were recalled after approximately 32 deaths over a decade.  So while much has been made about flu deaths, I don't feel it's wildly exaggerated.

Not flaming...just giving differing opinion and info. Smile

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• imageSummerOH:

Saying, "I never get the flu so I'm not getting the shot" is the same as saying, "I've never been in a car accident so I don't wear my seat belt." They're both preventative measures. Wearing your seat belt doesn't guarantee you won't get hurt, but it makes the odds in your favor a lot better. That's the same opinion I have with vaccines.

FWIW, the CDC states there were 115 confirmed cases of infant deaths due to flu during the 2010-2011 flu season alone.  To give this some sort of context, drop-side cribs were recalled after approximately 32 deaths over a decade.  So while much has been made about flu deaths, I don't feel it's wildly exaggerated.

I disagree with you mostly because it's a guessing game with the flu shot. And the reason why it's a guessing game is because the flu virus keeps mutating. And why is that? Because of the flu shot. If you want to use your theory it's more like playing russian roulette and hoping that the time you shoot is the time you are protected. It's just a personal opinion, I don't get it because I've never had the flu everyone I've ever known who has gotten it has gotten sick within 24 hours of getting the shot. My niece even got so sick she stopped breathing and almost died. No thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I will not be getting either. I was forced into getting the shot for h1n1 when that big hooplah happened, because I am a health care worker and I have never been more ill in my life. 

When I started researching into vaccines there were too many things that I just couldn't agree with (such as ingredients). So I made the very personal decision not to receive any more and that my future children would not receive any.

I do not think I am selfish in any way for choosing to not inject these ingredients into my body or LO. I do not judge anyone for choosing to get them. It is a personal choice and those who opt out of vaccines have usually done much research as it is a hard decision to come to in a society where you are viewed so negatively to do so.

(for what it's worth, my MD has not vaccinated her children after her own children) 

• imageShaunaT25:
    I will not be getting either. I was forced into getting the shot for h1n1 when that big hooplah happened, because I am a health care worker and I have never been more ill in my life.nbsp;When I started researching into vaccines there were too many things that I just couldn't agree with such as ingredients. So I made the very personal decision not to receive any more and that my future children would not receive any.I do not think I am selfish in any way for choosing to not inject these ingredients into my body or LO. I do not judge anyone for choosing to get them. It is a personal choice and those who opt out of vaccines have usually done much research as it is a hard decision to come to in a society where you are viewed so negatively to do so.for what it's worth, my MD has not vaccinated her children after her own childrennbsp;

My phone won't let me do the little icon, so THUMBS UP!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Your doctor recommended these shots because he'd prefer your baby didn't die from preventable sicknesses.  I would listen to him.  Not one post here from a non-vaxer is educated.  Not one.  Go to the AAP, CDC, and WHO websites and other PEER REVIEWED studies and read up on vaccines. 
  • No Tdap here. I'm all up on my shots so my OB said to get it again is just overkill. As for the flu shot I will prob get it since I get it every year. I'm also taking public transit still to commute to work and god knows what you can catch on there!!
  • I was sick with the flu one time, years ago and still remember how terrible I felt and how it took weeks to get back to normal. So I am getting the flu shot along with dh and dd. I am getting the preservative free version from Walgreens since it is available. i have read studies that show if you get the flu shot in the 3rd trimester it does pass on some immunity to the baby as well so they Are semi-protected after birth.  I already got my dtap almost 2 years ago when I left the hospital after dd was born and a measles or mumps booster (can't remember exactly which one) but they tested me and said my immunity was borderline.
  • There are 2 types of flu shots. One that is a weakened form of the virus and one that is a dead form.  When people get sick from the flu shot, they get sick from the weakened form while their body builds up the immunity.  However, this is NOT the one they give to pregnant women, because getting the flu while pregnant can be very dangerous.  Unless you're one of those people who gets sick after needles in general (my sister is like this) there is no reason that you should get sick.

I never got a flu shot before last month.  I have had a healthy immune system and saw little need.  However, now that I'm pregnant it was different.  For one, the immunity that the shot gives you will be passed on to the baby, who would not have a strong immune system.  Plus, it is also super dangerous for infants to get the flu, and my baby is due in the middle of flu season.  My doctor also recommended anyone in my household get it as well.

The main thing that made me get the shot more than anything else is when my doctor said that he also normally skipped getting the flu shot, however, his wife is pregnant and for the first season in years everyone in his house is getting the flu shot this year.  It's hard to argue with the fact that a doctor who's been delivering healthy babies since the early 80s is following this same advice he's giving to patients.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wouldn't get the tdap until after LO is born.  THat's what I did with DS and it worked fine.  I got the flu shot because I'm pregnant but won't in the future because I don't want the preservatives unnecessarily. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH, myself, and my parents (who will probably be seeing LO lots) all got the Tdap because there was a pertussis outbreak in our area (over the last year). My parents will get the flu shot because they always do and my mom is diabetic so she needs it, but DH and I never have and won't this time. My OB was on the fence about needing the flu shot due to my being due before the flu really starts anyways, but she was really adamant we get the Tdap, as well as anyone who will be in close contact with LO after she's born.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagelaurakaz13:
    Your doctor recommended these shots because he'd prefer your baby didn't die from preventable sicknesses.nbsp; I would listen to him.nbsp; Not one post here from a nonvaxer is educated.nbsp; Not one.nbsp; Go to the AAP, CDC, and WHO websites and other PEER REVIEWED studies and read up on vaccines.nbsp;

I totally called this kind of craziness earlier...take a breath and THINK before you accuse anyone of being uneducated. You don't have the slightest idea as to whether or not anyone on this board is educated on a topic. And to be quite frank, you don't sound any more educated yourself, blindly following what a government agency tell you to do. Ever hear of Thalidomide? I hate to break it to you, but just because WHO, or CDC says something is safe, doesn't make it so. And just between us, I know its shocking, but, Gasp! they don't always have the purest of intentions.

Please don't make yourself look so ignorant, by assuming you know more than anyone else.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Seeing as my DD2 has the flu now, my husband has the flu, I have the flu, I will probably opt out of it this time. I have never done it before and don't plan on it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • imageTreschic81:
    imagelaurakaz13:
    Your doctor recommended these shots because he'd prefer your baby didn't die from preventable sicknesses.nbsp; I would listen to him.nbsp; Not one post here from a nonvaxer is educated.nbsp; Not one.nbsp; Go to the AAP, CDC, and WHO websites and other PEER REVIEWED studies and read up on vaccines.nbsp;
    I totally called this kind of craziness earlier...take a breath and THINK before you accuse anyone of being uneducated. You don't have the slightest idea as to whether or not anyone on this board is educated on a topic. And to be quite frank, you don't sound any more educated yourself, blindly following what a government agency tell you to do. Ever hear of Thalidomide? I hate to break it to you, but just because WHO, or CDC says something is safe, doesn't make it so. And just between us, I know its shocking, but, Gasp! they don't always have the purest of intentions. Please don't make yourself look so ignorant, by assuming you know more than anyone else.

And yet here you are again, calling people uneducated who decide to vaccinate...

Just so you know, herd immunity is not for perfectly healthy people. Not vaccinating is making it easier for these diseases to become real threats again and people with compromised immune systems are the ones who will suffer the most, including EVERYONE'S newborn babies.

And yes, I have researched vaccines and what is in them. I've read both sides of the argument.  

• imageTreschic81:
    imagelaurakaz13:
    I totally called this kind of craziness earlier...take a breath and THINK before you accuse anyone of being uneducated. You don't have the slightest idea as to whether or not anyone on this board is educated on a topic. And to be quite frank, you don't sound any more educated yourself, blindly following what a government agency tell you to do. Ever hear of Thalidomide? I hate to break it to you, but just because WHO, or CDC says something is safe, doesn't make it so. And just between us, I know its shocking, but, Gasp! they don't always have the purest of intentions. Please don't make yourself look so ignorant, by assuming you know more than anyone else.

THIS.  Everyone has an agenda, including government agencies who declare things to be perfectly safe, when in fact they are not.

Married 11-8-08
    DS born 12-10-10
    DD born 11-5-12
    Boy/girl twins arrived 10-10-14!
  • I opted not to get any vaccines for my pregnancy. Yes, this is my first, but I don't feel it is necessary. I haven't had the flu in years and I get the occasional cold, but nothing unbearable. Its a personal preference. I've never had a flu shot and just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I'm going to get it this year, either.
  • DH and I both got tDap and flu shots. Originally, I was going to get the tDap once I delivered; however, my nurse (who is a seasoned nurse) advised me that it would be great to pass on immunity to my LO.

That did it for me.

• hubby and i are going to get the tdap shot.  i've never gotten the flu shot. since hubby has a 12  year old going to school i thought it would be good to at least get that one since some kids might not be up to date at that age. she's up on her shots too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageKat_Bride:

imageTreschic81:
    imagelaurakaz13:

I totally called this kind of craziness earlier...take a breath and THINK before you accuse anyone of being uneducated. You don't have the slightest idea as to whether or not anyone on this board is educated on a topic. And to be quite frank, you don't sound any more educated yourself, blindly following what a government agency tell you to do. Ever hear of Thalidomide? I hate to break it to you, but just because WHO, or CDC says something is safe, doesn't make it so. And just between us, I know its shocking, but, Gasp! they don't always have the purest of intentions.

Please don't make yourself look so ignorant, by assuming you know more than anyone else.

THIS.  Everyone has an agenda, including government agencies who declare things to be perfectly safe, when in fact they are not.

ITA.

We will not get the flu shot and never have, DH had Guillan Barre and the flu shot and TdAP are not an option for him. There is 1 family member on either side of our family that has had Guillan Barre, which makes me very apprehensive with these vaccinations.
  • imagejerkyanne:

There are 2 types of flu shots. One that is a weakened form of the virus and one that is a dead form.  When people get sick from the flu shot, they get sick from the weakened form while their body builds up the immunity.  However, this is NOT the one they give to pregnant women, because getting the flu while pregnant can be very dangerous.  Unless you're one of those people who gets sick after needles in general (my sister is like this) there is no reason that you should get sick.

I never got a flu shot before last month.  I have had a healthy immune system and saw little need.  However, now that I'm pregnant it was different.  For one, the immunity that the shot gives you will be passed on to the baby, who would not have a strong immune system.  Plus, it is also super dangerous for infants to get the flu, and my baby is due in the middle of flu season.  My doctor also recommended anyone in my household get it as well.

The main thing that made me get the shot more than anything else is when my doctor said that he also normally skipped getting the flu shot, however, his wife is pregnant and for the first season in years everyone in his house is getting the flu shot this year.  It's hard to argue with the fact that a doctor who's been delivering healthy babies since the early 80s is following this same advice he's giving to patients.  

THIS!!!

I have had the flu once, and I was eight. I have never had a flu shot. I'm getting mine next week. The dead one. When I was eight, I was sick for a week, then I got better. No harm done. But flu is potentially fatal in pregnant women and infants.

As far as the tdap, I am undecided, but leaning toward doing it. I need the booster anyway, and I can't find a good reason not to get it, but a zillion reasons to do it.

• I don't need the Tdap shot & I never get the flu shot. So I personally will not be getting either!
  • Never had the flu shot because I tend to avoid medicine in general...including aspirin, cough medicine, etc . My midwife said pregnancy is not a good time to get my first flu shot. I am up to date on the pertussis one had to get it in college for something.

I think both camps are cray cray...those who dismiss everything the medical community says and those who just listen to them blindly because they are doctors. We are parents...we have to be personally responsible for our children's health, not to mention our own, and that means hearing both sides.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • I'm declining both.  The efficacy/benefits of the flu shot don't outweigh the risks IMO.  As far as Tdap, I actually had Pertussis a few years ago.  I'm going to have them check my titers and hopefully I still have natural immunity to pass on to LO.  If not, I'll consider getting it postpartum.  Again, for me, benefits/efficacy don't outweigh the risks of getting it while pregnant, but hopefully it's a moot point anyway.  I'd feel much safer passing on natural immunity to Pertussis especially.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • imageTreschic81:
    imagelaurakaz13:

I get what you're trying to say, but thalidomide was on the market for less than 4 years (for pregnant women that is because it's still being used today for other purposes) and caused birth defects in over 10,000 children worldwide.  The flu shot has been used with rare adverse effects for decades on millions of people worldwide.

However, I do agree with BLuvs.  People who are adamantly anti-vaccine/medicine or blindly believe anything the government tells them are both crazy.  The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• I travel out of the country a lot. I HAVE to get shots otherwise I can't travel to certain countries. I've had my shots up to date for over a decade. So the tdap is no big deal. I mean. Honestly... you couldn't enroll in college without the Tdap, MMR and other stuff. I don't see what the difference is now that you're out of school and in my case, many many moons out of school.

Plus I had no interest in getting tetanus, pertussis or diptheria - all diseases which do kill people. So my TDAP experience is for ME. 

As far as flu. I had the flu once as an adult. OMFG OMFG OMFG.  I don't ever want to go through that again. I got the flu shot two weeks ago at my OBs office. I didnt get sick. I got the flu shot last year because my mom has cancer and her doctor wanted to be sure that my mom's primary caregivers don't get ill. I didn't get sick.

So it's not always about the baby. Sometimes things make good sense.

That said, I respect the decisions of those who don't get shots. I just don't want those people coming to visit my mother. She's got even less of an immune system than a newborn baby will have...

• These arguments are just ridiculous.

People should just leave it at, if people want to get vaccinated (not matter for what) then so be it, it's their body, their choice.  Same should go for people who choose not to.

IF the person who chose not to get vaccinated ends up passing something onto other people, then that's on their conscience.

Bickering over shiit like this is dumb.  No one is going to change anyone's stance on it either way.

• imageClaryPax:
    imageJbosarge85:
    imageSummerOH:

Saying, "I never get the flu so I'm not getting the shot" is the same as saying, "I've never been in a car accident so I don't wear my seat belt." They're both preventative measures. Wearing your seat belt doesn't guarantee you won't get hurt, but it makes the odds in your favor a lot better. That's the same opinion I have with vaccines.

I disagree with you mostly because it's a guessing game with the flu shot. And the reason why it's a guessing game is because the flu virus keeps mutating. And why is that? Because of the flu shot. If you want to use your theory it's more like playing russian roulette and hoping that the time you shoot is the time you are protected. It's just a personal opinion, I don't get it because I've never had the flu everyone I've ever known who has gotten it has gotten sick within 24 hours of getting the shot. My niece even got so sick she stopped breathing and almost died. No thanks!

I don't think you can blame all flu mutations all on the flu shot. There are a lot of different factors unrelated to the flu shot that cause viruses to mutate.   I'm sorry about your niece.  It sounds like she had an allergic reaction? 

Yeah, not why there are different strains of the flu. There were always, have always and will always be different strains of the flu virus just like many viruses. 

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • imageBLuvsE:
    Never had the flu shot because I tend to avoid medicine in general...including aspirin, cough medicine, etc . My midwife said pregnancy is not a good time to get my first flu shot. I am up to date on the pertussis one had to get it in college for something.

I think both camps are cray cray...those who dismiss everything the medical community says and those who just listen to them blindly because they are doctors. We are parents...we have to be personally responsible for our children's health, not to mention our own, and that means hearing both sides.

Agreed!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am choosing both but for personal reasons based on history. 

I used to get the flu every year followed by a horrible case of bronchitis. I was down for at least 3-4 weeks. Then I started getting flu shots every year and now I don't get the flu anymore and never experienced any side effects. Therefore, based on my personal experience and evidence, I know the flu shot works for me so I am pretty sure even the anti-vaxers would tell me I am dumb for not getting it when I have a proven history. 

I will also be opting for the Tdap, but in the hospital after delivery, not while pregnant. 

I have a good history with vaccines though. I have received everything I should have and have never had a reaction, so I am a good candiate as are my children. I also don't put a lot of other drugs in my system on a regular basis which I think impacts how my body responds. Right now, due to pregnancy, I am taking both allergy and heartburn meds. They did not affect my flu shot, but I would rather they get out of my system after birth before I receive anything else.  

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • imageTreschic81:
    imagelaurakaz13:

This is laughable.  Why don't you provide proven scientific research that shows not vaccinating is more beneficial than protecting you and your child against deadly communicable diseases.  You better believe I do research and don't "blindly follow government organizations".  How many scientific proven studies would you like me to list?  I could list dozens. 

There aren't two sides to this debate.  People who vaccinate are making the right decision for their children and public health in general.  People who do not are jeopardizing their children and public health in general. 

Unless of course you can cite resources that prove your point.  Of course we all know none exist.  Go ahead...prove me wrong!  Post something valid. 

• I got my flu shot (I do every year, in the military) but I asked my OB about the Tdap and she said they do it right after delivery. After doing a lot of research I decided that was the right choice for me. The CDC says after 20 weeks you can get it and some studies show it can help the baby if you get it in the third trimester, but I found that it wasn't til 2012 that they (I think it was the American Association of Pediatrics but it's been a few months since reading it) changed their opinion from waiting til after birth to getting it in the third trimester and I felt there wasn't enough time to back that up for me to feel safe about it. Just a personal opinion, but if it hasn't been done that way for over 10 years when it comes to vaccines and my newborn I prefer to stick to the "old school" way and make sure everyone around her is vaccinated. I know plenty of women who've gotten both and who have decided to hold off on both, so don't get people bully you into a certain decision. It's your family!
  • imagelaurakaz13:

imageTreschic81:
    imagelaurakaz13:

This is laughable.  Why don't you provide proven scientific research that shows not vaccinating is more beneficial than protecting you and your child against deadly communicable diseases.  You better believe I do research and don't "blindly follow government organizations".  How many scientific proven studies would you like me to list?  I could list dozens. 

There aren't two sides to this debate.  People who vaccinate are making the right decision for their children and public health in general.  People who do not are jeopardizing their children and public health in general. 

Unless of course you can cite resources that prove your point.  Of course we all know none exist.  Go ahead...prove me wrong!  Post something valid. 

Here is the thing, I don't require a scientific study to make me feel as if injecting aluminum, mercury, bovine cells, or monkey kidney cells into my or LO's body is not something I want to do. I choose not to vaccinate not for personal reason, and as I said in pp, it's a hard long fought decision to come to because people like you are on attack mode. I would feel like I am jeopardizing my child by injecting those ingredients into them. I have done research on both sides, but there are just some big issues I still have with vaccines. 

I agree with the vaccines in theory, I DON'T agree with how they are carried out. 

But, I would never tell someone they are wrong for vaccinating. We all come to the decisions we do for personal reasons.  I dont think in this day in age anyone is uneducated about this topic. But like any big decision there are many ways to look at it. At the end of the day, it's what you feel good about.

• imageBrittanyDoesDerby:

imageTreschic81:
    imagelaurakaz13:

And yet here you are again, calling people uneducated who decide to vaccinate...

Just so you know, herd immunity is not for perfectly healthy people. Not vaccinating is making it easier for these diseases to become real threats again and people with compromised immune systems are the ones who will suffer the most, including EVERYONE'S newborn babies.

And yes, I have researched vaccines and what is in them. I've read both sides of the argument.  

Did you respond to the wrong person?  I never called anyone uneducated and was telling someone else not to do so. I also said that I do vaccinate.  My kids are both up to date on all vaccines.  The only ones we don't do are flu shots and the newborn hep b.  I've never said anything about herd immunity or suggested that other's shouldn't vaccinate.  I did say it's wrong to assume that someone who chooses not to vaccinate is uneducated, and that blindly doing what a government agency says is safe is not always the best thing.  I don't get you saying "here you are again calling people uneducated who decide to vaccinate" That would be me calling myself uneducated, wtf?

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"