Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Please recommend your....

Bottles!! My son makes a mess with his Avent bottles...the milk drips everywhere. He doesn't take a Dr. Brown's bottle, either. I have one random playtex ventaire  and he seems to like that alright, but I'm wanting other opinions.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Please recommend your....

• have you tried dr. brown's wide?

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Try switching to a slower nipple. The avent bottles I had came with #2 nipples and I put dd down to #1 and they work perfectly.
    26 yr old single mama to Violet Jane, Worker Drone to the Man and perpetual student. Image and video hosting by TinyPic9/7/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 1 week old
  • Loading the player...
  • We use Similac bottles. The only place I can find them is at Target. They're the only ones she'll take, because the nipples are smaller and it takes a while for her to eat with the slow flow nipples.

I'd make sure you have slow flow nipples for the Avent bottles before I'd go buy other bottles. 

• I've got the size 1 nipples for Avent....still a mess. Milk drizzles all down his chin and down his shirt...ugh! My cousin is having a baby next month and is trying Avents...I think I am gonna give them to her.  I have liked the Avent up until now.  and I have not tried the Dr. Brown's wide.  what's so special about the wide versus the standard?  Thanks for your 411, ladies! :)
  • We use the Playtex Ventaire bottles and love them! :) We started with Tommee Tippee, and weren't fans.

FWIW, Aria is still on the slow flow nipples. She just doesn't like the faster flow ones. Our pedi said that it isn't necessary to ever switch to anything faster. The slow flow nipples are the closest to the flow a baby would get naturally out of the breast. If your baby does ok with a faster flow then it's fine, but don't worry if they never want to take anything faster. It takes Aria less than 10 minutes to down an 8oz bottle, even with the slow flow nipple.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • What about Dr. Brown's with a preemie flow nipple? Our DS has tried all sorts of bottles and these are the only ones that don't cause him to drip everywhere.
  • Playtex ventaire. Dd wouldn't take Avent or Similac.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Dr.Brown's Wide Neck.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• I'm EBF and my daughter had a hard time getting used to bottles... we've tried Avent (hated them), Playtex Ventaire (slightly better), Tommee Tippee and Nuk. Nuk bottles have the most real-nipple (one side is flat like the way your nipple is supposed to be in LO's mouth). But we personally haev had the best results with the Nuk and Tommee Tippee bottles.

• your breast!(: 

but when i let my husband feed my son he likes the new similac bottles with the thing inside that reduces bubbles

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"