May 2013 Moms

At this rate I'll never see the doctor

Hey May momma's! I'm new here and I need to vent! I have been trying to see my OB since I found out that I am pregnant. I had an appointment on October 11 but it was cancelled. My new appointment was supposed to be today at 9:15 and they called me an hour before my appointment to say she was sick. So now I won't see the doctor for my FIRST appointment until October 30th! I am freaking out!! I will be over 12 weeks by then. It also doesn't help that I have a friend who's pregnant and had her 2nd appointment by 10 weeks. This is my first baby and I just want to make sure everything is okay. Has anyone else have to wait this long before seeing their doctor? 
BFP #1 9/7/12 EDD 5/11/13 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: At this rate I'll never see the doctor

• The only thing I've had done was a urine test to determine if I was in fact pregnant at my family practitioner. That is it.
  • Not cool, I'd be p*ssed. I would walk into the office demanding an earlier appointment.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure about the first trimester screening because I don't even know what it is.. I tried to get an earlier appointment but I have to see the midwife (who is sick this week and is going on vacation next week) just to be able to be seen this month. If I want to see the actual OB I'd have to wait until November and there was NO WAY I was going to wait that long. I can't see another OB, because of my insurance, it took me FOREVER just to get a referral to see this doctor. I feel like I am getting nowhere. 
  • Aww that is so disappointing.  However, my first appt. isn't until next week and I will be 13 weeks by then.  This is routine at my OB's office.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's really frustrating... sorry =/
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Oh geez, I would be frustrated as well! I haven't had to deal with this at all with either of my two pregnancies. I'm sorry you're dealing with this!

I know it's customary to have it done by the end of 13 weeks. But I know some women that didnt get to go in until a few weeks after that. I hope they call letting you know she will be in this week! Maybe call tomorrow or wed and see if she's back in the office or if someone is covering for her
    image ~~~Jan 31st, 2010. Back together again.~~~
  • They don't do much at the first appointment anyway. They do a physical exam to see if your uterus is enlarged; you give blood; you give urine. The end. You'll be okay. I would complain though and see if there's at least a nurse practitioner you can see to just get your first exam over with for peace of mind.
    Momma Biehl Due April 29th 2013
    From
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh, sorry that your appointments keep getting bumped. That's super frustrating. It may make you feel better to know (in agreement with pp) that if you aren't having any problems and you have no history of loss, they really don't do much at the first appointment. My doctor likes to do a pap, have me submit my and DH's history, weigh me and take my bp. A lot of doctor's don't do a pap at that point. I know, though, that it does make things feel more real and I'm sorry that you're having to wait.
    BFP#1 11/25/11 EDD 08/09/12 MMC 01/30/12 D&C 02/01/12
    BFP#2 09/11/12 beta1=72 @13dpo beta2=160 @14dpo beta3=over 6000 @24dpo U/S @7w2dd hb=146bpm U/S @8w5d hb=159bpm U/S @12w hb=164bpm
    EDD 05/20/13
    My Ovulation Chart
  • This is our first baby and the doctor didnt want to see me until this Friday which would be 9 weeks from lmp. I understand your frustration. It's not very easy on a new mom to wait sooooo long to make sure the lo Is ok. Hoping things get better for you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry I know what you mean I'm 11 Weeks tomorrow and had my first appt this morning. it's terribly frustrating and then they don't even do any reassuring things. take y. our blood, urine, family history then tell you not to drink and smoke. if you aren't having scary symptoms excessive bleeding horrible.cramps I wouldn't worry stay positive! :
  • Thanks everyone! I just can't help being a worry wart. I'll be sure to update you all as soon as I can about my long awaited appointment. Hopefully as is well with our lo, that's my only concern. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"