3rd Trimester

Scheduled C-Section Question

Anyone know if you can eat before a scheduled section?  I wasn't told otherwise at my appointment today, but it seems like you shouldn't.  I'll call the hospital later on today, just wanted to see if anyone had any incite, last time I was in labor for 18 hours before, so I wasn't allowed to eat anyways.

TIA!

Preston!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Scheduled C-Section Question

• I wasn't allowed to for my induction or my c/s, but it's certainly worth a call.
  • With my last, I was told nothing after midnight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Nothing to eat 12 hrs before.
  • I was told nothing to eat for 8 hours before.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was told not to eat anything after midnight and my csection was first thing in the morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You aren't supposed to eat or drink anything for 6-7 hourse before a CS.  My CS is at 7 in the morning and my Dr. said nothing after midnight.  I will be setting my alarm do have a snack at 11:45!
  • I think it's 12 hours for me and mine is at 7:30 so i'll be doing like pp and setting a midnight alarm to stuff my face. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was told "nothing after midnight" both times. The last one was a few hours earlier than this one though, so maybe you just need a few good hours for your stomach to empty out and my doc just likes to keep it simple by sticking with midnight as the deadline.

imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Just went on our hospital tour and one of the other ladies asked that same question. Nurse said no matter what, nothing to eat after midnite. Even if your c-section is 8am or 1pm. She they will ask you when your last meal was and if it was too soon, they will delay the c-section.
  • I had my c-sec at 3PM and wasn't allowed to eat after midnight the night before.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thanks everyone!  I ended up calling last night and they said nothing after midnight for an 8am c-section.  Can't wait for tomorrow now! =)
    Preston!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"