February 2013 Moms

Needing thoughts on a name. . .

Husband and I are team green all the way with our first baby!  We are super excited. . . but of course this means we get to pick names for both gender.  

From the beginning our choices have been Emmett Dane {Dane being Husband and his twin brother's middle name} for a boy and for a girl it's a toss up between Everleigh Grace and Charlotte {still undecided on a middle name}  How lucky am I that we agreed on names even before getting pregnant?!

I have loved Charlotte for years, but a couple months ago one of my friends had a little girl and used this name.  :/  Now I'm feeling like I may want to wait for a second daughter down the road before using this same name.  

Here's my question -- do you feel like Everleigh is a name that a girl/woman can grow into?!  I think it's adorable for a little girl {we would call her Evie Grace/Evie for short}  Maybe it's just my preggo hormones making me second-guess our decision.

Thanks dears! 

Re: Needing thoughts on a name. . .

• I actually like Everleigh better than Charlotte.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I personally feel like Everleigh is a little girl name, not a woman's name (Especially if she went by Evie). Just my honest opinion! But Charlotte was on my top 2 list if it happened to be a girl :) I try to visualize my child as an adult introducing themselves and if it just doesn't feel right, then the name is likely better for a child than an adult, and gets designated middle name potential. I'd really like Everleigh as a middle name!

Archer Liam - 2/6/13
    Freya Lillian - 11/15/15
  • Loading the player...
  • I like it better then Charlotte as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  •  

imageckalm5:
    I actually like Everleigh better than Charlotte.

This ^^^

BabyFruit Ticker

06.10.12 +HPT 06.12.12 Beta #1 = 2,770 06.14.12 Beta #2 = 6,300
    1st U/S 06.18.12 2nd U/S 06.25.12
    09.24.12 It's a Boy!! ---> Jacob Owen

Our IF Journey Began: October 2009
    **8 Failed IUI's, 1 Blighted Ovum, & 1 Failed IVF**
    Dx: MFI, DOR w/MTHFR Homozygous A1298C & Hypothyroidism
    03.2012 Lab Results: FSH 6.83 AMH 0.67 TSH 3.8 E2 17
    SA 156 million 93% motility 3% morphology

Follow Me on Pinterest
    **~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~**
  • Which names are you debating for a girl?  Everleigh Grace or Everleigh Charlotte or Charlotte Grace?

Everleigh is NMS, and I don't associate it with a grown woman.  I think both Charlotte and Grace are lovely names!

• I like Everleigh.  We were going to use Ever if we had a little girl.  A name is a name no matter the age.  It will grow with her. 
  • While I like the name Charlotte it is super popular right now. Everleigh is great and something different without going crazy. If she ends up going with a nickname like evie then that is more adult or she could go with eve if she wants.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like Everleigh!

• Everly was on my list but we do B's and C's so alas I'll never getit...the list of nn's are infinite...Evie, Ever, Eve, Eva...all of which can move into adulthood just fine. So cute!!

• LOVE Everleigh!!! Easily an adult name!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• I love Charlotte and am so disappointed that it sounds weird with our last name so we'll never get to use it. Not a fan of Everleigh and the only Evie I know is a 60-something year old so I think of that as an old lady name, not a little girl name.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know an Everly, and I love her name, so that is the one I prefer.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Charlotte is lovely and I like your boy name. 

I'm not feeling Everleigh.  It doesn't feel like a real name to me and the 'leigh' ending will be a lifelong spelling issue for her.  If you love it, I'd spell it Everly.  Or better yet, do Evelyn, Evangeline or just Eve.  Evie as a nickname is adorable with any of those and Leigh would make a lovely middle name.

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • imagebabydollaudie:
    I like Everleigh.  We were going to use Ever if we had a little girl.  A name is a name no matter the age.  It will grow with her. 

I completely agree with this. I know a grown woman named Evie and it suits her beautifully. No matter what you name her it will suit her from birth on.  

BabyFruit Ticker
    photo D0EE104210C440E48E28B53BA940865Bashx_zpsff62f0b1.gif photo A24F501B345347968B2BC922AD7C0613ashx_zpsf08f7401.gif
  • thanks for all your input, girls!!

• imageDC2London:
    I prefer Charlotte.  Everleigh is NMS.

This. I've really grown to like Charlotte over the past few years. Classic, beautiful, and with a couple of cute options for nicknames as a kid.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• imageckalm5:
    I actually like Everleigh better than Charlotte.

This.  And I love the nickname Evie. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Tickerimage
  • I love both names but I like that Everleigh can absolutely be a grown-up name! I have a friend named Everlee.
  • I prefer Everleigh. Charlotte (i.e. Charlie) has become very popular for girls, recently - and I only see it becoming more popular after being used for the main character in the Revolution TV series. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• I really like Everleigh Grace. One of my favorite girl names is Evelyn Grace with the nn Evie.

I like cookies.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"