Baby Showers

Registries..too much?

I am registered at 3 stores. The first place I registered was at Baby Depot which has many of the same things as BRU but cheaper. Then I registered at BRU because I love the store. I was told I needed to register at Walmart since more people are likely to go there. Are 3 registries too much? All 3 were included on my babyshower invites and I worry that I may sound greedy or something.

Re: Registries..too much?

• Personally, I'm not put off by 3 registries because I'm going to pick the store that's most convenient to me and just shop off that registry.  However, if your registries have 300+ items each with multiples of everything that I have to sort through, then I think that gives off a greedy vibe - I went to a shower where the parents registered for FIVE pack and plays, SIX crib bedding sets + room accessories, etc. for 1 baby - it made it really hard for me to pick out something I thought they would want/need.
  • Thank you that makes me feel better. I have about 50-100 items on each and some are the same at each place. My gosh five pack and plays!! What in the world would someone do with that many..
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBliss+Berry:

imageashbee0223:
    Thank you that makes me feel better. I have about 50-100 items on each and some are the same at each place. My gosh five pack and plays!! What in the world would someone do with that many..

I probably wouldn't register for the same items at different stores though.  And why would you register for five PNPs?  I wouldn't side-eye 3 registries, but 5 PNPs? Yeah. 

This, I have two registries and they have none of the same things on them. What's the need for 5 play yards? 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I wouldn't care how many stores someone is registered at. I would just pick the store I want to shop at and go. If I am buying from the registry.
  • imagejobiann:
    imageBliss+Berry:

imageashbee0223:
    Thank you that makes me feel better. I have about 50-100 items on each and some are the same at each place. My gosh five pack and plays!! What in the world would someone do with that many..

I probably wouldn't register for the same items at different stores though.  And why would you register for five PNPs?  I wouldn't side-eye 3 registries, but 5 PNPs? Yeah. 

This, I have two registries and they have none of the same things on them. What's the need for 5 play yards? 

I didn't register for 5 pack and plays I dont even think I registered for 1...but will change some items so there isn't duplicates from store to store.

• imageBliss+Berry:
    imageashbee0223:
    imagejobiann:
    imageBliss+Berry:

imageashbee0223:

I didn't register for 5 pack and plays I dont even think I registered for 1...but will change some items so there isn't duplicates from store to store.

Okay, but did you read what you posted?  What conclusion did expect everyone to draw from that?   

Did you read what she posted? "My gosh five pack and plays!! What in the world would someone do with that many.." How would you come to the conclusion she registered for 5 based of that?

BFP#1 - 8/30/2010, natural M/C 10/3/2010 BFP#2 - 5/13/2012 (Mother's Day!) grow baby grow! Baby boy born 1-11-13!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker http://www.thebump.com/profiles/Jo2013/settings/avatar/index#
  • She didn't say she registered for five pack in plays. Read the second post, she was commenting on the post where someone said she saw a registry that had five pack and plays on it. Thoroughly read before you assume.... 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'd say that ALL the invites I've received have 2-3 registries.  I have no problem with 3.
  • We registered at Target, BRU, and Diapers.com. I did put duplicates of some items, such as a couple packs of diapers on each, Bath soap on each, bottles on each... Just so people knew what brand/style we were planning to use. But I didn't do duplicates of larger things such as the PnP, high chair, etc. that we definitely only needed one of. The other items if we got multiples of was ok because we would be buying multiples ourselves.
    imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"