October 2012 Moms

Wow I was not expecting a recovery like this!

Baby Caleb Benjamin was born at 12:35 am on Wednesday and he is awesome! One thing I did not expect though was this TERRIBLE recovery! Everyone always talks about how hard a C section recovery was but I had a vaginal birth and this is no joke! I was not expecting so much post partum pain!. I did have a second degree tear and it is rough to deal with. This is also a TMI alert but I also had no idea about how intense the pain in my bum would be! I guess I never thought about how pushing that hard doesnt just affect the girl parts! Good luck to eveyone else who is still waiting, hopefully you wont have it as bad!

Re: Wow I was not expecting a recovery like this!

• Congrats on your baby!  I think the tough recovery is one of those things people don't talk about much.  Like a big secret they don't tell you because you might not want to go through with child birth!  Everyone wants you to be smiling and happy after birth. They don't want to hear about hemrhoids and episiotomies, but it is totally normal. Hope the rest of your recovery goes quickly and smoothly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Sorry you're still in pain! Try some Tucks pads and hemi cream if you haven't already, they are lifesavers the first few weeks. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on the healthy baby boy!

Thanks for the heads up :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry you're having such a tough recovery. Like everything else in pregnancy, it think it really varies from person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy. With DS1 I had an unusual interior tear and a lot of swelling down there. I was uncomfortable and in a daze, and although it wasn't horrible, it certainly was more difficult than I had imagined. But it's been completely different with DS2, even though he was within an ounce of the same weight and exactly the same length. I didn't tear at all, and other than some period like cramps when I BF and my uterus contracts, I haven't really had any pain or discomfort and have been fine just taking a standard dose of Tylenol. I'm certainly not trying to brag or anything like that, but I j
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah I hear you on that. I had my son Oct. 2nd and I am feeling pretty good after 12 days but I hated the fact that I couldn't get up and down very well. But I got sent home with pain meds and they were a life saver! I couldnt get in and out of bed the first few nights because our bed is too hgh off the ground!!

I am just glad that I am starting to feel better and able to start getting house work done again. The house got away from me for the first week with having two dogs and a new baby. I am just glad that my DS is getting on a good sleep schedule and it helps me get things done and knowing when I can plan things during the day!

<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

May O12 Siggy Challenge!

• Yeah I hear you on that. I had my son Oct. 2nd and I am feeling pretty good after 12 days but I hated the fact that I couldn't get up and down very well. But I got sent home with pain meds and they were a life saver! I couldnt get in and out of bed the first few nights because our bed is too hgh off the ground!!

I am just glad that I am starting to feel better and able to start getting house work done again. The house got away from me for the first week with having two dogs and a new baby. I am just glad that my DS is getting on a good sleep schedule and it helps me get things done and knowing when I can plan things during the day!

Hope you start feeling better, I found that moving around as much as you can without over doing it helped me feel better every day!!

<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

May O12 Siggy Challenge!

• My BFF's recovery was like that too with her vaginal birth. I had a csection and it was a breeze recovery. I just think everyone's body handles birth of all kinds differently. 

Congrats on your little one hopefully you will start feeling better soon. 

• Congrats. Everybody's recovery is different. Sorry yours is so hard. If you are still feeling bad after 2 wks call your Ob. There could be something else wrong.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • So did not need to hear that 2 days before I go through it LOL.
  • I hear ya!  I had my son on 9/25 and had 3rd degree tears.  I'm still recovering!  It's better....but I still can't wear jeans without it hurting a lot down there!

DS born 9/25/12
    DS #2 due 6/13/16
  • Oh it's terrible and no one tells you how bad it is! I had a cs after pushing for hours. My recovery was horrible for both but the hemmeoids and swelling in my lady bit was way worse than the incision site!
  • Ugh and now I think I may be getting a UTI. The hits just keep on coming!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"