Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Share your "deswaddle" process

LO is one week shy of 4 months. I don't know if it's the onset of 4 month wakeful but for the past week he's been getting up almost every hour but not to eat. He just kind of stirs around and doesn't fall back asleep unless I give him his paci. Then finally he'll eat around 4/5am.
Last night was our second attempt to not swaddle him and he did even worse. Waking up every hour starting at 11pm. I'd really like to wean him from the swaddle and just use the sleep sack but I think he's constantly rubbing his eyes that he wakes himself up. I don't know if it's the 4 month wakeful or not but it's really kicking my butt!

Re: Share your "deswaddle" process

• We didn't have a process... our LO aways hated being swaddled so we havent swaddled her since she was about 2 weeks old. Our solution to her sleep problem isnt much of an approvement though... we started letting her sleep in her carseat. She hates to be swaddled and to lay flat. You could try it but unfortunately  you'll have to then wean her off of THAT eventually. Lol, sorry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cold turkey.
    Baby Boy - Born June 8, 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • we did one arm out for about 2 weeks then she decided to roll onto her tummy so we quit completely after that. we haven't had any issues.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Here is ours:

Rock or nurse to sleep. Sneak baby carefully into bed, tiptoe out of the room. Go back in 10-30 minutes later when he wakes up. Repeat several times. Give in and swaddle him.

I don't have any actual advice, but you're not alone! He actually sleeps unswaddled at night, but I think it's because he's still in his rock n play in our room. He naps in his crib, and he is just NOT having it. We didn't really do any transition to unswaddle him at night, we just did it and he was fine. Nap time is a totally different story and I don't know what to do about it. Ugh.

• imagebtrbride:
    Cold turkey

How did LO do? And how long did it take for them to get used to it. I basically tried cold turkey twice now and both times he kept getting up constantly overnight.
  • I have been wondering this too.  DS is going to be 4 months in 2 weeks, and he can only sleep swaddled.  The miracle blanket has worked wonders for him at night, but he is getting too long for it.  I have to make sure it's an inch or two below his shoulders so that it's long enough for him to extend his legs and he can somehow get out of it easier when we do that.  Even just trying to get him to nap unswaddled (usually we use an A&A blanket for naps) is near impossible.  He still startles himself, and his arms will flail out to his sides and he wakes himself up.
    Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The Merlin Magic Sleepsuit got DS to transition from the Miracle Blanket in the RnP to the PnP to the crib without incident. LOVE it and can't recommend it enough. It worked for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagecatmtl:
    The Merlin Magic Sleepsuit got DS to transition from the Miracle Blanket in the RnP to the PnP to the crib without incident. LOVE it and can't recommend it enough. It worked for us.

Same here.

• My LO is 4 months now. We are in the "deswaddling" process. We have done one arm out for maybe 4 nights now. The first two were awful (for us, that's waking maybe three times during the night - he's been STTN since about 5 weeks). The last two nights he has slept through the night. Hopefully we are on a good deswaddling path!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"