March 2013 Moms

GTKY: Where you live

What state do you live in?  (Or what Province for our Canadian mamas)

How long have you lived there?

What is your favorite thing about where you live?

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? 

What type of home do you live in? (Apt? Condo?  House? Houseboat?)

What is your favorite thing about your home?

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be?

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

Re: GTKY: Where you live

• What state do you live in?  (Or what Province for our Canadian mamas) Ontario (near Toronto)

How long have you lived there? In Ontario, my entire life!  In my current town almost 10 years.

What is your favorite thing about where you live? Small town feel outside of the city, close(ish) commute to all sorts of stuff.

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? Traffic, poor transit, and inability to tolerate traffic in order to enjoy family cottages.

What type of home do you live in? (Apt? Condo?  House? Houseboat?) We live in a semi-detached house.  Bought it over 9 years ago, thought we'd stay there for a few years.  But after lots of renos and great neighbours, we're in no rush to move (even with LO on the way).

What is your favorite thing about your home? We have a great backyard for the area.  I love my kitchen.  DH renovated it for me about 5 years ago.

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? I would like a garage.

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? There's sooo many choices... we love to surf... so.... Costa Rica, Hawaii, Austraila, Dominican Republic, even Vancouver.

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • What state do you live in?  (Or what Province for our Canadian mamas)

Massachusetts

Massachusetts- my whole life (including college). I have been in my current town for about 3.5 years.

I love the proximity to the ocean.  We live about 15 minutes from the beach, which is great in the summer.  I also love being close to the city (Boston), and mountains/hiking (Western MA, New Hampshire, Vermont).

Boston traffic and cold, snowy winters. 

We live is a Cape-style house we bought a month before our wedding.

I love the open style of our kitchen/dining room/great room.  It feels especially open with the high, vaulted ceilings in the great room.

As much as I love the great room space, the style isn?t really ours.  The walls are stucco and while we love the exposed beams, the ceiling is darker wood and kind of sucks up light.  Our style is more contemporary and airy (which is reflected in the rest of the house). Someday we?ll do that room over if we stay in the house.

I?d choose London, Paris or New York City. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• Loading the player...
  • What state do you live in?  (Or what Province for our Canadian mamas) Indiana

How long have you lived there?  off and on my whole life

What is your favorite thing about where you live?  My neighborhood is suburban, in the middle of a cornfield, 5 minutes from the city.  I have the best of all the worlds!

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? the weather.  As it goes "Hate the weather in Indiana, wait 5 minutes it will change.

What type of home do you live in? (Apt? Condo?  House? Houseboat?) 2 story house

What is your favorite thing about your home?  It's big and beautiful and my dream house

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be?  It would be clean.  I really need a maid because I'm so not good at keeping up on cleaning.  Oh and a bigger back yard and flatter driveway.  (my driveway is so steep my car slides down it in the winter when I'm trying to pull in)

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Absolutely no idea.  Prolly Australia or New Zealand.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What state do you live in?  (Or what Province for our Canadian mamas) Pittsburgh PA

How long have you lived there? My whole life

What is your favorite thing about where you live? How close we live to the city but still live in the suburbs, everything is within 5 minutes away. We also have one of the best views going into the city through the Ft. Pitt Tunnels

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? The roadwork/potholes. And also I think we're at the top of the list for most rainy days.

What type of home do you live in? (Apt? Condo?  House? Houseboat?) 3 bedroom town house

What is your favorite thing about your home? I like how spacious it is for a townhouse, love the neighborhood.

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? a new kitchen

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? probably somewhere down south like South Carolina or Florida just to see what its like to live in the south.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker M/C June 2010 at 9weeks 3days
  • What state do you live in? (Or what Province for our Canadian mamas) Kentucky

How long have you lived there? I have never moved out of the county I was born in

What is your favorite thing about where you live? Being in the country, yet about 15 minutes away from a fairly big town

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? That you have to drive 15 minutes to get anything, which eats up the gas pretty quick

What type of home do you live in? (Apt? Condo? House? Houseboat?) House

What is your favorite thing about your home? We have an almost 3 acre yard, lots of room for the kids to play, and neighbors aren't right on top of us

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? I wish I had a basement

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Did I mention I've never moved within a 40 mile radius? Lol, I can't imagine living anywhere else, I'm a pathetic homebody

DD#1: 9/21/05

DD#2: 9/15/09

Natural M/C: 7/22/11

Missed M/C: 11/30/11

DS#1: 3/19/13

• What state do you live in?  California (San Diego)

How long have you lived there?  I went to college here and lived here for 5 years, but moved away and now have been back for 3 years.

What is your favorite thing about where you live?  The weather

What is your least favorite thing about where you live?  Although there are a few, there are not a lot of really great restaurants like there are in other big cities.  

What type of home do you live in? (Apt? Condo?  House? Houseboat?)  We rent a house

What is your favorite thing about your home?  It's near several parks and there are a lot of good areas to go walking.  It's only 15 min from the beach too.

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be?  I would own it ;-)

New York City or London.  I lived in Philly for a couple years and we loved going to NYC.  I wouldn't want to live there long-term, but a year would be great.  I've also always been partial to London.  It's where DH and I got engaged.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • What state do you live in?  Connecticut (Vernon...about 20 minutes east of Hartford)

How long have you lived there? We've been in the state for 4 years (and moved 3 times in the mean time...ugh!)

What is your favorite thing about where you live? Being so close to friends and family!  Granted they are DH's but they've become mine too!

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? Being far from my best friends in NY and the fact that we can't stay in our home (DH's work is 1hr 45min away)

What type of home do you live in? House

What is your favorite thing about your home? The space and the two floors.

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? The bathroom!  It's rather small and I wish it could be at least twice the size.  Right now it's enough room for one person...barely!

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Italy!!!  I spent a week there for a mini abroad trip and I loved being there. I am pretty sure if I wasn't with DH I would move there in an instant!

BFP - 9/18/11 ----- m/c 9/23/11
    BFP - 7/16/12 ----- EDD 3/27/13  ----- Born 4/5/13
    BFP - 5/27/14 ----- EDD 1/31/14 or 2/4/15

BabyFruit Ticker
  • What state do you live in?  Texas

How long have you lived there? All my life

What is your favorite thing about where you live? I love everything about living in Texas, it's hard to narrow it down.  The diversity of our state is pretty great, we have country areas, huge cities, rivers, lakes, beaches. 

What is your least favorite thing about where you live?  The super hot summers!!

What type of home do you live in? (Apt? Condo?  House? Houseboat?) House

What is your favorite thing about your home? It's cozy and convenient to everything.

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? More square footage and a 2nd restroom

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Hmmm..would it be all expenses paid?? And would I have to work?? lol Maybe Hawaii or Spain

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
  • What state do you live in? (Or what Province for our Canadian mamas)

Nebraska

Almost my entire life- minus a 2 year break just across the river.

All the different seasons - and being so close to my family

The ice in the winter

What type of home do you live in? (Apt? Condo? House? Houseboat?)

House- just moved into a 3 bed 2 bath. It's so nice to have 2 bathrooms.

2 bathrooms. When DS is taking a bath, I don't have to wait to pee!

Minor stuff like a new fence.

Somewhere in Europe so we could travel through Europe. I would want to wait until the kids are older so they could experience it for real.

• What state do you live in?  (Or what Province for our Canadian mamas) South Jersey (Really, it's a completely different state than North Jersey)

How long have you lived there? My whole life

What is your favorite thing about where you live? Proximity to so many different cities (and malls...) I'm 20 min form Philly, 2 hrs from NYC or Baltimore, and 3 hrs from DC (And there are 3 malls within a half hour drive. It's heaven) Also being so close to the shore!

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? Proximity to so many cities (haha!), traffic sucks! Property taxes aren't great either.

What type of home do you live in? (Apt? Condo?  House? Houseboat?) Apt, we love this place, I hope we still love it with a baby!

What is your favorite thing about your home? How close DH is to work (6 min w/ traffic). He can come home for lunch! We also have some crazy closet space for a two BR apt.

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? Size of the kitchen, it's impossible to cook a meal.

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? I think a year in London would be amazing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • What state do you live in?  (Or what Province for our Canadian mamas) Iowa

How long have you lived there? My whole life (28 years)

What is your favorite thing about where you live? My family is all here

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? The awful winters

What is your favorite thing about your home? It was only 2 years old when we bought it, so we haven't had any repairs, etc. Plus, its a really cute house

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? Its too small! We don't have a basement. We will be moving before our next kid, there won't be room for another one. Also, the open living room/dining room/kitchen. When running the dishwasher you can't hear the TV.

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Hawaii!

• What state do you live in?  (Or what Province for our Canadian mamas) Illinois (Chicago)

How long have you lived there? Three years (moved here after husband graduated law school)

What is your favorite thing about where you live? We are able to walk to everything-restaurants, parks, great shopping.  People love to come visit us!

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? Traffic and I miss seeing trees and green (grew up in Ohio).

What type of home do you live in? (Apt? Condo?  House? Houseboat?) Condo

What is your favorite thing about your home? My husband can walk to work from our home and our roof top deck we spent all summer redoing!

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? I'd add another bedroom.  It's two bedrooms and a den.

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Probably the Cayman Islands or some other island like that.  I love the laid-back lifestyle and the people.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What state do you live in?  (Or what Province for our Canadian mamas) California

How long have you lived there? Almost all of my life, except for 4 years in college.

What is your favorite thing about where you live? The weather.

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? Traffic and 100+ temps in August/September

What is your favorite thing about your home? Large walk in closets and a nice backyard.

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? Can't really think of anything - I love my home!

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Hawaii (if another state) or Italy (if another country).

May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome! 

• What state do you live in? (Or what Province for our Canadian mamas)  VA

How long have you lived there? 13 years

What is your favorite thing about where you live? We never run out of things to do (we live pretty close to DC)

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? Traffic!  And I often feel like people are always in a rush and don't really care to get to know others. 

What type of home do you live in? (Apt? Condo? House? Houseboat?)  Townhouse

What is your favorite thing about your home?  Our townhouse is as big as my parent's single family house.  It's a great size for us.

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be?  Can I change two things?  The biggest issue I have with it is that we have a TON of stairs to walk up to our front door.  It's exhausting when I have to carry sleeping kids and am pregnant.  I also hate it when it snows or rains.  The other thing I would change is the size of our yard.  It works for now because my boys are young, but we are going to need more room for them to run and play soon.

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Somewhere warm and tropical!  I'm trying to convice DH to move to FL, but that would be for many years, not just one.

Married to J since 5/05, Mommy to T (10/08), L (08/10) and C (02/13) who was born at home.

• What state do you live in? way down south in Georgia

How long have you lived there? My entire life -

What is your favorite thing about where you live? it's a small town and everybody is so friendly and supportive.

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? Nothing to do unless you drive 45 minutes

What is your favorite thing about your home? It's mine and it's paid for :)

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? I would make my kitchen larger and add myself a dish washer..

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? I think I would choose a tropical island somewhere...I LOVE the beach

• What state do you live in? Missouri

How long have you lived there? Since the day I was born 

What is your favorite thing about where you live? we are 20 mins away from everything

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? we have lots of rude people here in our city

What type of home do you live in? (Apt? Condo? House? Houseboat?) Duplex

What is your favorite thing about your home? Nice big kitchen

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? Make all the other rooms bigger

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Anywhere that the temp is about 75 all year long

• What state do you live in?  Virginia

How long have you lived there? Just over seven years

What is your favorite thing about where you live? We're close to DC, but can be in the country at a farm in 45 min.

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? it's so crowded everywhere

What type of home do you live in? split-level house

What is your favorite thing about your home? the space (we just moved from a townhouse over the summer), and the garage

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? we've got big plans to rip out the kitchen and a wall between it and the dining room

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? London, gorgeous old city, easy weekend trips to other cities in Europe, no language barrier

• What state do you live in?  (Or what Province for our Canadian mamas) WA

How long have you lived there? 16 years, I moved here my freshman year in high school

What is your favorite thing about where you live? I live in a large city but on the outside of it so I get a woodsy feeling but close to everything.

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? Gosh not much... I guess public transportation. Since we live kind of far out from the city buses do not run close to our house.

What is your favorite thing about your home? The area, we have a large lot and the backyard has a huge protected wooded area behind it, so no houses behind us.

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? 3 bedrooms on one floor.

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Morro Bay, CA. I love that area!

• What state do you live in? (Or what Province for our Canadian mamas) Chicago, IL

How long have you lived there? 9 years- grew up in Michigan

What is your favorite thing about where you live? I love walking everywhere and having a great diverse neighborhood

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? Traffic and other urban living issues

What type of home do you live in? (Apt? Condo? House? Houseboat?) Single Family Home

What is your favorite thing about your home? The space- most of our friend here in the city still live in condos- and I love having a yard to call my own and extra space.

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? There are some remodeling projects I want to get to- but with a toddler and one on the way- I dont know that they will get done anytime soon.

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? San Diego

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What state do you live in?  (Or what Province for our Canadian mamas)
    New Brunswick

All 26 years of my life!

Proximity to the ocean

Far from good Broadway shows

Cape Cod House

It's ours!! LOL And the layout

Echo (if you make a noise in the kitchen, it can be heard clear as day in the upstairs bedrooms)

Easiest question of all: Disney World

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What state do you live in? Wisconsin

How long have you lived there? My whole life, 24 years

What is your favorite thing about where you live? The north shore area and the lakes are gorgeous all year round!

What is the least favorite thing about where you live? I don't really have a least favorite thing. I wish there were more to do entertainment wise though.

What type of home do you live in? A duplex. My boyfriend owns it, so we rent out one side to friends and live on the other side.

What is the least favorite thing about your home? The duplex is separated, but all doors are open so it's basically one big house. And at the moment we share only one bathroom because our sides bathroom is under construction, so we're sharing one shower with 8 people... not fun.

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? To sell this one, and build our own home. Which is our plan but a few years away lol.

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Pretty much anywhere but Wisconsin/Minnesota area! Since I've lived here my whole life, I wouldn't mind a change of scenery :)

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • What state do you live in?  (Or what Province for our Canadian mamas) NY

How long have you lived there? my whole life

What is your favorite thing about where you live? very small town, i live next door to the school prek - 12 grade so my kids just run back and forth, my whole family lives in town, my brother 5 houses down, my sister 5 from him and my mom 5 from her

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? small town so everyone knows your business the second it happens

What type of home do you live in? (Apt? Condo?  House? Houseboat?) house

What is your favorite thing about your home? it's nice and cozy, nice back yard for the kids

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? addition, adding on this summer

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? somewhere warm and exotic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image DD #1 1-31-02 DD#2 9-26-08 BFP#3 1-31-02 mc 2-23-12 BFP #4 EDD 3-22-13 KACIE
  • What state do you live in?  Texas

How long have you lived there? Just over a year. Spent the rest of my life in California.

What is your favorite thing about where you live? Having moved from a smaller city, I love all the options available in a larger city. Plus, house-hunting is a lot funner on a budget here in Texas, especially when compared to California.

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? The humidity. Heat I can handle, but the humidity is gonna kill me, I swear.

What type of home do you live in? Renting a house currently.

What is your favorite thing about your home? The big backyard and decent-sized bedrooms (all 3 kids will be sharing a room and I'm not a bit concerned about having enough room for everything)

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? The landlord did a lot of the work themselves and it shows. My biggest issue is the used the cheapest paint they could find and didn't prime it at all or even wash the walls before painting, so the paint comes off whenever I try to wipe even fingerprints off the walls. I have 2 preschoolers, my walls are disgusting and I'm afraid to wash them too much.

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? My first thought is "home" where my family is, but I'd hate to have to leave again. It was hard enough saying goodbye to family the first time. So, since that's not an option, I'd love to live on the East coast for a bit, North Carolina or Pennsylvania. Or, even go abroad to the UK for awhile.

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • What state do you live in?  NYC

How long have you lived there? Almost 6 years

What is your favorite thing about where you live? Culture, Shopping, Close to everything so I can walk almost anywhere

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? Crowded and Rent is ridiculous (2x more than my mortgage for a new, larger condo in DC)

What type of home do you live in? Apt.

What is your favorite thing about your home? It's extremely large for NYC

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? Central air and cheaper rent

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Milan or Barcelona

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • What state do you live in? NY

How long have you lived there? NY My whole life except for the first couple of months since I was born in California. This house and town 2 yrs.

What is your favorite thing about where you live? I love the community we are a very close community.Everything is just around the corner..I am about a half hour from the city and about an hour from Hamptons..

What is your least favorite thing about where you live?The high taxes and cost of living...

What type of home do you live in? 4 bedroom 2 bath house well known as a Levit.

What is your favorite thing about your home? Its expanded so we have a huge Living room our backyard is wonderful for hosting as well as for the kids.. It was all redone before we bought it so we dont have anything that needs to be done.

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? Central air and eventually dormer it because I want to make it 3 levels so Im above my kids in the house..

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? California I love it there. Or Ireland I love all the churches and how green it is.

• What state do you live in?  NY

How long have you lived there? 8 years

What is your favorite thing about where you live? so much... food, culture, public transit (is that weird?)

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? I walk a ton, so walking in the winter can suck.  I really love it here though

What type of home do you live in? apartment

What is your favorite thing about your home? It's right next to the subway, it's brand spanking new, it's the first place that H and I have *really* decorated and made our own.

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? I'd add another bedroom.  It's only 1 bdrm and that's gonna be too small very shortly.

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? hmm, I don't know... I really love NY.  I did have an amazing time in Spain, so maybe there?

Georgia (Atlanta)

How long have you lived there? 12 years

What is your favorite thing about where you live? plenty to do

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? the summer heat

What is your favorite thing about your home? Fenced in back yard and proximity to the park

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? Make it bigger, fine for 2 of us, okay for 3, but when 4 shows up, we have to move

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Italian or Spanish coast, I love the culture and the views!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers

North Carolina

About a yr & a half

Close by lots of things to do without being too close- 20 minutes from Charoltte, 1 hr from the mountains, 3 hrs from Charleston, SC

Even though we aren't in a small town, there is nothing to do without going to another city.

Apt for now. We are saving up for a house and will be putting a down payment on one in about a year.

It's super quick to clean (less than an hour if I don't have to do dishes too).

More storage space!!! We don't have a lot of stuff, but there is still nowhere to put any of it.

Charleston, SC. DH & I love it there, and would move there except for the hurricanes.

Colorado Springs, Colorado

2 1/2 years

The weather, all the awesome choices for things to do, hiking, snowboarding (not this year though).

I honestly can't think of anything other than being away from family since they all live back in Texas.  I absolutely love it here.

Home

Big back yard, nice community play area - parks, pool, tennis courts and such.

Bigger rooms.  Our old home in Texas had rooms much bigger than what we have.  We have about 1/2 the square footage now than we did before.

Hmm, Hawaii or Italy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What state do you live in? (Or what Province for our Canadian mamas) New York

How long have you lived there? almost 10 years in NYC, 9 months so far in Long Island

What is your favorite thing about where you live? We're really close to lots of fun stuff, like the beach and wineries.  

What is your least favorite thing about where you live? We're almost an hour away from our friends Brooklyn. Also, I really miss being able to walk everywhere.

What type of home do you live in? (Apt? Condo? House? Houseboat?) A colonial style home with an attached accessory apartment.

What is your favorite thing about your home? We have a 0.5 acre plot, which is really rare in the NYC metro area. Also, the income from the accessory apartment pays our property taxes, which is awesome!

If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be? I wish we had a finished basement, but it's on the list of home improvements! Also, our bedrooms are kind of small, and I wish we had 4 instead of 3.

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Hmmm tough one! DH can retire from the police force in 14 years, and we've been talking about maybe going to Florida after he retires. I really like the Philadelphia area (where I grew up), but we're very happy where we are now, so maybe right here?!

BabyFruit Ticker Follow my baby story at: http://www.nycitified.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"