April 2013 Moms
Options

Hypnobabies anyone?

Is anyone planning on doing the hypnobabies home study? When do you plan on starting? 

I had a not so easy induction with my daughter due to medical issues. I'd like to try my best for a natural birth, but now DH thinks we will end up in the same position and it will be a waste of money. Has it worked for anyone before? 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Hypnobabies anyone?

• Options

I haven't done it but I'm interested in the responses, too.  I did Bradley (just read the book) with my daughter and it worked for me.  I like the principles but I'm too scared it won't work for me.  

I've seen good feedback on it from the Natural Birth board. 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm planning to do it too, but haven't started. I would like to hear from others who have done it....I'm not sure when the best time is to start.
    BFP #1 - EDD 4/18/13 | DS born 5/1/13. 9 lbs. 14 oz., 22 inches long.

BFP #2 - EDD 1/25/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used it with my first. It was helpful, but didn't work. If you do some google searching, you can find out how likely it is you can be hypnotized. Apparently I don't hypnotize easily. If I were doing it again, I'd spend money on a doula instead (I couldn't afford both).
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekeado:

I haven't done it but I'm interested in the responses, too.  I did Bradley (just read the book) with my daughter and it worked for me.  I like the principles but I'm too scared it won't work for me.  

I've seen good feedback on it from the Natural Birth board. 

I saw good feedback on the Natural Birth board when I was pregnant with DD, but I just ended up reading the hypnobirthing book last time.The course is obviously more intensive, but the website makes it seems like most of the course is just about pregnancy and the phases of labor, which you learn in most pregnancy books anyway.

I am obviously going to be flexible again if things don't go smoothly, but I'd like to at least give myself a better chance of having a good birth experience. 

• Options
    Hypnobabies and hypnobirthing are very different.
    They say to start classes at 28 weeks.I had DS early, so i think i will start a little early, 25 weeks maybe.
    I didn't do hypnobabies last time, but am wanting to give it a try this time.
  • Options
    I am also interested in hypnobabies, but maybe I will try and figure out how "hypnotizable" I am first as one of the PPs suggested.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    I haven't read too much into it, but it sounds really interesting, and I really, REALLY want a natural birth.  However, I'm pretty sure I would feel silly.  I live in a not-so-modern area, I guess you would call it, and I feel like people would judge me.  I do plan on reading about various methods, so I guess we'll see.  Wondering what works best for people...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageold_time_girl:
    Hypnobabies and hypnobirthing are very different. They say to start classes at 28 weeks.I had DS early, so i think i will start a little early, 25 weeks maybe. I didn't do hypnobabies last time, but am wanting to give it a try this time.

Do you know how they are different? I read that they were very similar concepts, but again, that was 2 years ago, so its been a while. 

• Options
    imagekammmmay:

imageold_time_girl:
    They say to start classes at 28 weeks.I had DS early, so i think i will start a little early, 25 weeks maybe.

Do you know how they are different? I read that they were very similar concepts, but again, that was 2 years ago, so its been a while. 

Hypnobirthing is more of a birthing class, it covers a little bit of everything having to do with birth with a small part of it having to do with the actual hypnosis.
    Hypnobabies is focused fully on the hypnosis part. Actually changing the way you view birth.
  • Options
    I did like 30% hypnobabies with DS2. There's a lot of good information in there, but I didn't actually get into the actual hypno part of it.
    Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• Options
    imageold_time_girl:
    imagekammmmay:

imageold_time_girl:

Hypnobirthing is more of a birthing class, it covers a little bit of everything having to do with birth with a small part of it having to do with the actual hypnosis.
    Hypnobabies is focused fully on the hypnosis part. Actually changing the way you view birth.

This is the book I read/studied last time and it was mostly about empowerment and the hypnosis. I didn't take a hypnobirthing class and the book didn't go into too much detail about the anatomy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0757302661
  • Options
    I plan to use one of these methods but am still researching to decide which one will be best for me.  I want a natural birth, but understand that not all things go as planned!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I've never taken a deep look into either of the hypo methods simply because the concept bothers me. I don't want to put all my faith and trust in something that might not pan out. I've heard of women having fabulous births with hypo methods and I've heard of women completely panicking.

Besides that, I'm kind of partial to the pain of labor and birth. I like the idea of feeling the full intensity of it and having whatever experience my body gives me. For me, birth is the journey to becoming a mother and to feel prepared for the new part of my life I need to be 100% present and in the moment.

Last time I had a great birth with no interventions or medication and did prenatal yoga, meditation, DH and I did a Bradley class and I had a doula. This time I'm reading the Birthing from Within book, starting prenatal yoga after the NT scan and will have the same doula as last time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"