April 2013 Moms

I know this is early to ask, but...

How are you planning on losing the baby weight? 

Re: I know this is early to ask, but...

• I will go running!
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Is "Breastfeeding" a bad answer? Wink

This is how I lost it with my twins. Gained 44 pounds with them (In my defense, they were each over 7 pounds) and lost it all in one week from doing nothing but acting as a milk factory. It burned so many calories for me that I didn't really have to do anything else.

This time there is only one in there though, so I imagine I might have to do a little more than feed the baby haha! Probably long walks with my jogging stroller!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My dr told me because I am overweight he would prefer I don't gain any weight or at most 12 lbs. So, I am planning not to gain if at all possible. I'll be down below my pre-pregnancy weight after delivery.  I am hoping to lose more after that though but haven't made a plan as I am not sure what my life will be like with a newborn at home.
    BFP #1 2/20/12 - ectopic methotrexate @6w2d on 3/6/12 BFP#2 7/27/12 EDD 4/10/13- It's a boy! imageimagePhotobucketBabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nursing and walking a few times a week helped me the first 3 months then running after that to get toned.  I think I was one of the lucky ones where it is not too tough to lose it but also unlucky because I always gain a LOT!
  • With my son I walked during the pregnancy so only gained 24 lbs which was a good start.
    But good old fashion hard work after. I bought a treadmill and got on it almost every night. Just 20 minutes most nights after he went to bed because I was exhausted from going back to work at 6 weeks. Consistency was the most important thing. I actually lost an additional 15 lbs back to a more comfortable weight. Dieting is not really my thing but I watched my sweets a little.
  • I'm planning breast feeding and starting Weight Watchers as soon as the pediatrician gives me a thumbs up.
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Carb free is the only diet that works for me. I'm hoping/planning to be more active with baby though.
  • Breastfeeding and running around the vet hospital all day.
  • Breastfeeding and chasing around DD#1.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Breastfeeding really does burn cals.  I'm going to do my best to walk and stay active throughout the pregnancy, same as I did last time.   It's way easier to not put on more weight than you need to, just because you're pregnant, than it is to lose it.  My friends that have had the hardest time losing the baby weight are the ones who put on 50+ pounds during the pregnancy.   I 100% understand each woman will gain weight differently, but I really believe a fit pregnancy is the most important step to a fit post-pregnancy body..  which is definitely easier said than done ;)
  • Well first of all I'm planning to only gain as much as is recommended for a healthy baby. I don't anticipate that being too difficult to manage because I've always had a fast metabolism and it's tough for me to put on weight (it took me FOREVER when I was trying to hit puberty in my teen years, and back then all I wanted was my boobs). I also plan to stay active with my pregnancy yoga and bounce on my yoga ball to keep in shape. After baby is born, I have about four months to squeeze back into my wedding dress (I've been offered another one from a friend, but I REALLY have my heart set on my mom's gown from her second marriage) so I also plan to breast feed 90% of the time while keeping up with the yoga, walking, and maybe praying a little that things return to normal in that time frame. ;)
  • Keeping it in check on the front end is the easiest.  There's not a whole lot to have to work off if you can keep the gain to 25lbs (or whatever dr said is appropriate for you), which is mostly baby, extra blood and fluids that goes away a week or two after birth.  Only having to worry about shaking the extra 5lbs of flab is a lot more manageable!  And since I no longer had any excuses to eat the crap I'm shoveling in today, I made better food choices, took baby on long walks everyday, was BF and barely sleeping which I think just burned a ton of calories.

• imageNandaB:
    Hahaha seriously? I plan on not gaining as much as last time. That's as far as I got.

Yeah, this. And breastfeeding worked really well for me last time.

• I know this is different for every woman, but when I was EBF Tony, the pounds dropped off of me. I ate healthy, of course, but I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight within a month. Once the weather got nicer and Tony was past the newborn stage, I put him in his stroller every day and we took the dog for a long walk. That helped a lot.
  • 1. Only gain like 25 pounds.  I think it's doable, considering I'm still in the negatives in weight and I'm 15 weeks.

2. Breastfeeding. 

3.  Join a "Biggest Loser" club via facebook.  You send in your measurements and starting weights and pay $20 via paypal.  Women from all over take a part in this.  The person who lost the most weight at the end gets all the money from the pot (which has been $600 once).  I've played a few times, but never won... but still lost the weight!  Who isn't motivated by money?

P.S.  The next one starts the end of May.  And if anyone wants to be a part of it, just PM me. 

Young and in Love.
    11.07.09 <3<BR> From Hightops to Flatlands: My Blog
    BabyFruit Ticker Labor Buddies! TheSinger & Jennery!
  • I don't plan on gaining as much either, but unfortunately BFing didn't help me lose much weight last time. I actually dropped 10 lbs when I weaned and I was mostly dried up by then. 

I plan on doing lots of walking in the first few weeks, then some hot yoga, Jillian Michael's videos, and maybe rejoining the gym after I get the ok. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I gained 60 lbs last time and despite EBFing and extended bfing until a week ago (20 months) it did NOTHING for me. So hopefully this time I gain less. Since I still have 20 lbs leftover from my first baby.

Layne-May 6, 2013

Callie-February 14, 2011

• imageheather4hawks:
    My dr told me because I am overweight he would prefer I don't gain any weight or at most 12 lbs. So, I am planning not to gain if at all possible. I'll be down below my pre-pregnancy weight after delivery.  I am hoping to lose more after that though but haven't made a plan as I am not sure what my life will be like with a newborn at home.

FWIW you DO NOT look overweight in your picture!!! :) 

• Why did breastfeeding not help some of you lose weight? 
  • imageTheSinger:

1. Only gain like 25 pounds.  I think it's doable, considering I'm still in the negatives in weight and I'm 15 weeks.

2. Breastfeeding. 

3.  Join a "Biggest Loser" club via facebook.  You send in your measurements and starting weights and pay $20 via paypal.  Women from all over take a part in this.  The person who lost the most weight at the end gets all the money from the pot (which has been $600 once).  I've played a few times, but never won... but still lost the weight!  Who isn't motivated by money?

P.S.  The next one starts the end of May.  And if anyone wants to be a part of it, just PM me. 

What would prevent you from lying about your measurements/weight loss? I've seen biggest losers events in person, but never online... Seems odd to me. 

• I am currently BFing, which I think is helping me not gain as much weight as last time which was 35lbs. I plan on BFing again, which helped me lose all of my baby weight, plus some!
  • imageAMJ6511:
    Why did breastfeeding not help some of you lose weight? 

It just doesn't work for some women. You need fat/calories to provide energy to you plus baby, so sometimes your body just holds on to the extra weight as a safety net. 

• Exercise and weight watchers -- that is how I've lost weight successfully in the past.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageNandaB:
    We aren't that lucky? Everybody's body is different? Thanks for rubbing it in ;o] I bf G and the weight did not 'drop off'. I gained 42 lbs, which is more than recommended. I am tall and didn't start out super thin, so people were always surprised when I told them how much I gained. They said it didn't look like that much. I lost 20 lbs pretty quickly, but almost half of that was baby [he was 8 lbs 10 oz] some more came off while bfing, which I did for 9 months, but I never lost the last 15. So I am starting out heavier than last time. I didn't gain any weight from my 8 week appt to my 12 week [yay] and I hope to keep the gain within reason this time. I am definitely making healthier choices this time!

I gained 60 pounds last time! Looking back at those pictures, I'm determined to reign in the weight gain this time. I lost all but 5 pounds from BF but still didn't fit in my old jeans. I think my butt/hips are irreparably damaged. *cries* 

• Breastfeeding! Seriously.

I gained 40 lbs. with DD (I was way underweight to begin with) and lost it all very quickly just BF'ing. I'm still BF'ing and it's actually been a struggle keeping weight on the entire time I've been BF'ing.

Just one more reason to breastfeed, ladies!

• I will continue to teach Zumba classes until about February or early march if my body holds up so hopefully that will do some damage control. Once I get the okay from my doctor after delivery, I'm going to go back to teaching, so hopefully by the beginning of the summer. I will also lift light weights with lots of reps to help burn additional calories and tone up.

Last time, I gained 35 and lost 25 within 6 months with no exercise. Those other 10 pounds stayed until I began working out and after that it came off within about 4 months.

• Breastfeeding twins and then doing barre classes once I'm able to leave the house, LOL.
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageyoumakemyheartsmile:

imageheather4hawks:
    My dr told me because I am overweight he would prefer I don't gain any weight or at most 12 lbs. So, I am planning not to gain if at all possible. I'll be down below my pre-pregnancy weight after delivery.  I am hoping to lose more after that though but haven't made a plan as I am not sure what my life will be like with a newborn at home.

FWIW you DO NOT look overweight in your picture!!! :) 

I thought the exact same thing. 

• imageheddy79:
    I'm planning breast feeding and starting Weight Watchers as soon as the pediatrician gives me a thumbs up.

This exactly.  I did WW before our wedding & was down to my goal weight, but put some lbs on while we were TTC, and I just know the structured plan & support work well for me.  :-) 

Myles was so pumped about the baby . . . until he figured out he'd have to share all his toys!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker>
  • imageOoglybear:

imageAMJ6511:
    Why did breastfeeding not help some of you lose weight?&nbsp;

It just doesn't work for some women. You need fat/calories to provide energy to you plus baby, so sometimes your body just holds on to the extra weight as a safety net.&nbsp;

Yep. I lost some weight bfing but definitely not all.

I plan to stay active through this whole pg, gain less than the 60 lbs I did the last two times, and go back to my routine as soon as I can post csection. I currently lift weights 3 days a week and do cardio 3 days a week.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Diet and running. It's worked for me the last two times . . . :)

To chime in the on the BF'ing plan, BFing definitely helped me initially lose weight, but with both boys it is what caused me to hang on to the last 5-7lbs as well. 

Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• Going back to running, proper eating.  I have lost weight doing these activities before, and it was my normal MO before getting pregnant, but the fatigue and m/s have put me completely off track, so I am just going to do what I can during the pregnancy and not beat myself up over it.  I will also continue my regular yoga practice as long as possible during the pregnancy and start up again ASAP after birth, too. 

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • imageNandaB:
    Hahaha seriously? I plan on not gaining as much as last time. That's as far as I got.

This. I gained almost 40 pounds with my daughter. I don't want to gain more than 20 with this one if I can help it. I'm on track so far, haven't gained any yet :)

OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I plan to use myfitnesspal, run, and lift weights.
  • imageBeautyfromAshes:

Is "Breastfeeding" a bad answer? Wink

This :) 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm hoping to gain as little weight as possible since I'm still up 30 lbs from my pre-son weight. 

That and breastfeeding and watching what I eat after this ones born. I'm guessing that having 2 under 2 will help with the weight loss. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm hoping a combination of not gaining too much, breast feeding and walking/working out (once the dr says ok) will be helpful.

• Not trying to brag but last time I gained about 30 lbs and lost 25 the first week including from the birth. The next five came off in a few more weeks, I was breastfeeding and eating healthy.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm thankful we're having this baby in the spring where it makes walking outside easier. So, eating healthy and trying to get outside a few days a week is my general thought towards losing baby weight.
  • I lost all of it, plus an extra 10 from breastfeeding and walking this last time.  I hope I can be as fortunate this time around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"