Babies: 3 - 6 Months

cold hands at night

ok, so LO is pretty much putting himself to sleep by sucking on his hands. We close his door at night so that it is dark and so noises and the cats don't wake him up, plus he is a loud sleeper (noises and snoring).

But lately since it is getting cold (we live in Ohio), when he gets up in the morning, he has been waking up with cold hands. the rest of him is warm except for his hands...

Anyone else experiencing this, what have you done?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: cold hands at night

• we had that same problem... also with him scratching at his head overnight too... we then started putting socks over his hands (and has to put them up his arms too, otherwise he would wiggle them off... 

It has helped drastically with the scratching, and ok with the coldness... they are still a little cold in the mornings, but not near what they used to be before the socks.

GL 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mother is always making comments about DD2's hands and feet being cold in the morning when she is visiting. I always heard that you should check the back of the neck for a more accurate temp to see if lo is warm/cold.

Also...I figure if she is sleeping fine at night (ie: not to hot or cold) she is ok. Otherwise I would think she would be waking up a lot or crying.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemylittlesunshine:

My mother is always making comments about DD2's hands and feet being cold in the morning when she is visiting. I always heard that you should check the back of the neck for a more accurate temp to see if lo is warm/cold.

Also...I figure if she is sleeping fine at night (ie: not to hot or cold) she is ok. Otherwise I would think she would be waking up a lot or crying.

This is what we were told too about the back of the neck. I was also told that babies like it colder and that their room should be between 65-70 degrees. I know it sounds cold but my DD loves it.

• When LO's hands were cold at night, we moved him into a fleece sleepsack and this helped.  I also check the back of the neck to see if he's too hot or too cold.

DS also was scratching his head so now before night I lotion up his head and this has now stopped.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We put mittens on LO at night because his little hands were so cold. It has helped
  • DD just has cold hands.  She sucks them to get to sleep, so I'm not willing to cover them.  She seems to sleep fine and the rest of her is warm.  The only one it bothers is me when I'm nursing and she touches my bare skin!

• Happens to DD all the time since she's also sucking on her hands to soothe at night. I haven't done anything about it since I know that the rest of her isn't cold. I figure that at this age, if it really bothered her she'd fuss. She doesn't seem uncomfortable, though, so I just let it be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"