Baby Showers

Shower Ettiquette

Hello all:

I'm having my third baby, HOPEFULLY team BLUE, first two are girls.  A friend of mine wants to throw me a shower.  It's been 7 years since I had my first, 5 since my second.

Is it ok to have a shower?  If not, I don't want to be tacky...but I know that sometimes with the time being so long, it's ok, but some people don't feel that it is even with the time being so long?

Thanks for your input!

Lacie

Re: Shower Ettiquette

• I would politely decline.  It's going to be seen as tacky and gift-grabby.  People will buy you gifts without a shower, no need to have one for baby #3.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageironmom5:
    I would politely decline.  It's going to be seen as tacky and gift-grabby.  People will buy you gifts without a shower, no need to have one for baby #3.

Sorry, I agree with IronMom.  5 years isn't enough of a gap, IMO. 

I don't see anything wrong with having a Meet the Baby gathering after the baby is born though, maybe your friend could help you plan that i/o another shower or sprinkle.  Coffee/drinks and desserts - more like an open house rather than a "watch her open gifts" type of thing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • image526SadieSadie:
    I don't see anything wrong with having a Meet the Baby gathering after the baby is born though, maybe your friend could help you plan that i/o another shower or sprinkle.  Coffee/drinks and desserts - more like an open house rather than a "watch her open gifts" type of thing.

This is what my group of friends does for those who have 3rd (or more!) babies. Planning one now for a close friend who will be having her 3rd a month before I have my 2nd. It will be mainly a chance to get together and hang out and ooh and ahh over the baby. There probably will be some gifts for the baby, but that won't be the primary focus of the party.

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Dont worry about what other people think if your friend wants to throw you one and you want one, enjoy. Some oldfashioned ideas are just that.oldfashioned.
  • image526SadieSadie:

imageironmom5:
    I would politely decline.  It's going to be seen as tacky and gift-grabby.  People will buy you gifts without a shower, no need to have one for baby #3.

Sorry, I agree with IronMom.  5 years isn't enough of a gap, IMO. 

I agree with these.  Actually the "meet the baby party" is kind of running toward tacky although I had one for #2 and #3.  If we were not already hosting our annual BBQ at the same time I doubt I would have bothered.  Most friends will get something for your little one anyway - especially if you have a girl!

• I think it's fine.
    I don't think it's tacky and giftgrabby, and I wouldn't think that of any of my friends. I love to shower new moms with gifts and join in their excitement.
  • i dont' think its tacky at all, i just wouldn't register.  After all its called a baby shower, not a first time mother baby shower.   Regardless if its baby 1 or 10 its still a baby. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"