Parenting
Options

Inspired by UO - PIP your wedding dress

We haven't done this in awhile, right?

EDIT: also, add if you were to get married today, would you want the same one?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Inspired by UO - PIP your wedding dress

• Options
    I better not, I bought it from David's Bridal.

• Options

imageMrs.adambabycakes:
    I better not, I bought it from David's Bridal.

Me, too.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Me three- 8 years ago
  • Options

imageSpooko:
    And me. I loved it, but I would have done something different if I were doing it over.

yep.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

After I started this thread I realized I don't have a decent picture of my dress.

Here is the back, where you can kinda see the main jist (multi-layers)

It was not from DB but I got it for a crazy steal. However, there was no Say Yes to the Dress before we got hitched and I keep seeing styles I *think* I would have liked better.

• Options
    I was 7 months pregnant.  I bought my dress at Motherhood, it was maroon.  
    We are planning on having a renewal ceremony/giant party in the near future.  My dress will not be maroon, and I will (hopefully) not be a giant whale.
    Livian Elizabeth and Alayna Marjorie!  On their way to 3!
    Lilypie - (mtvk)
    Lilypie - (WdLV)
  • Options

Alright, why not.

Here's the most "detailed" look I have of it.  It was made by a seamstress friend of mine:

And now in color!!

I wouldn't get a different one...it was custom, I told her what I wanted and I got it for dirt cheap, I was very happy with it!

• Options

I wish. I went shopping with my mom and she didn't want to go to a "bridal" store. She was paying for it but didn't really tell me how much she was going to pay.  I ended up with a white dress from Macy's. It had snowflakes on it. But I got married in the spring time. It was pretty, but looking back its not bridal at all. It makes me sad, I wish I'd stuck to my guns and gone to DB and bought a cheap wedding dress. I'm fairly certain it was a prom dress. 

If I ever have a daughter, I will make sure she has the most perfect dress we can afford and has the wedding of her dreams.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I don't have a close-up picture available on my computer, so this is the best I could come up with:

It was a preowned dress that I got at a consignment shop for about $200.

It DH and I were getting married today, I think I'd choose a simple sheath-style dress that's not white.

"To me, you are perfect."

• Options

I don't have my wedding pics on this computer but this was the dress:

• Options

Mine was from David's Bridal and I loved it.  I would definitely choose the same one again.   

I also did a TTD after, so there was no way that I was spending any decent amount of money on it.

• Options
    imagegwinnygirl:
    imageWine O Mite:

I also did a TTD after, so there was no way that I was spending any decent amount of money on it.

I totally would have done a TTD, but we were in Cabo - not the safest beach to do it on :/

TTD was my favorite part.  I think we got married on St. Thomas for that reason.  It was a blast.  And honestly, my dress wasn't ruined and I donated it to a charity! 

• Options
    imageashleysyn2:

I'm posting this one, too, because it shows off more of the detail, and because I'm an AW.

I love the details.  Very pretty.

I tried on lace dresses and they just didn't work for me. 

• Options

imageimage

I'd definitely wear that dress again.  It was simple and elegant, but still had some really amazing detail and flattered my body.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yep mine was a DB gown as well. I seriously tried on well over 50 gowns it was absurd.  I had 2 others I loved morebut the extra 1000 bucks + 500 in alterations they were going to need made me think my $600 DB gown sounded like a better idea.  If I did it over I dont know if it's the exact gown I would choose but I still like it a lot. (This is DH and I, and yep I'm 6 inches taller than him and wore 3 1/2 inch heals on our wedding day so I am drastically taller than him).

• Options

Front: 

Back:

This was bought on Ebay for $100.

• Options

My dress for my first wedding was very similar to this one, and I got it at David's Bridal: 

"To me, you are perfect."

• Options
    I got married while in the Peace Corps in Benin and had a Ukrainian tailor make my dress using an old (like really old) David's Bridal catalog and some fabric I bought at the local market (a white satin-like fabric with an embroidered overlay type thing-it was shiny). I liked it, it fit well and served its purpose. I think I spent $30 total. I don't have any pictures at work.
  • Options
    No pics on work computer. I wore the Maggie Sottero monalisa royale in white with pewter beading if anyone cares enough to google.
  • Options
    What is TTD? Everything I'm coming up with ends in d!ck.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options

At work so I don't have a pitcure of myself but here is the dress I wore, only I used an Ivory ribbon belt.

It is the Karena Royale

https://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=S5229&page=6&pageSize=36&keywordText=&keywordType=All

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecar seat:

My inner wedding AW is fighting with my no identifying pics on the internet self.

Dammit.

But there are some super beautiful dresses in here, ladies.  You all looked gorgeous!

I cropped mine... although you can totally tell where my wedding was located by the picture of the back.  I could have cropped that one too though!

• Options

imageKlondikeBar:
    What is TTD? Everything I'm coming up with ends in d!ck.

Haha.  Yeah, it's Trash the Dress.  Some people actually trash it, but I just went in the ocean and rolled around in the sand. 

• Options

Car seat- since you're going to delete later I won't quote- BEAUTIFUL dress!

I love all of these dresses!

• Options
  • Options

lol, this is the only pic I have here at work:

It was my mom's dress, which was really special because she died when I was 10.  I had it altered a ton because when she wore it, it had long sleeves and a peter pan collar.  In theory it was exactly what I wanted--it was linen with kind of an eyelet bodice, which was perfect for my outdoor low-key wedding--but it was not super-flattering (as you can tell from the way I had to smash in my boobs just to get it fastened).  I kind of wish I'd maybe shortened it and worn it for my rehearsal dinner and picked a wedding dress I really felt beautiful in.

• Options

and...

• Options
    imageIrishCoffee7:
    imagequidditchcapn1120:

Car seat- since you're going to delete later I won't quote- BEAUTIFUL dress!

I love all of these dresses!

Good call on not quoting...would the pic have still shown up that way?

But I agree.  IT's gorgeous and unique.

I grappled too.  Who knows, I might delete later.  But I'll probably forget.

Yeah, it still shows up if you quote.  I have had to contact people to delete posts they have quoted me in with pics before.

• Options

I bought a Maggie Sottero on ebay for $500. I loved the dress. It also fit perfectly so the only alterations I needed was for the bustle.

• Options
    Kim&Ben- Ebay is thebomb.com for buying wedding dresses once you know what you like!  It's what I did too and I have absolutely no regrets!
  • Options

I loved my dress, still do. What I would have changed was my tan line. sweetheart neck line, horrible tube top tan. At the time, I did not care, not, I think it looks ridic.

• Options

Um, so... yeah here's me dancing with friends with a beer in hand.. but it shows off my dress nicely. ;)

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• Options

imagequidditchcapn1120:
    Kim&Ben- Ebay is thebomb.com for buying wedding dresses once you know what you like!  It's what I did too and I have absolutely no regrets!

I found the dress I loved, went and tried it on in a store and then started searching.  I found the dress on ebay but the sale had already ended (even though no one bought it) so I contacted the seller and she sold it to me. I have no regrets either. It allowed us to spend more money else where and it was the dress that I wanted.

• Options

My very simple and inexpensive dress from Alfred Angelo. If I had it to do again, I would choose something a bit more vintage looking but I still felt pretty that day in what I chose.

• Options

I love everything weddings!

I wore a Maggie Sottero gown. I would absolutely wear it again, but would make sure the alterations were done better. The boobage area was a little too large, and the bustle broke by the end of the day.

What I would redo is my hair. That was a nightmare.

• Options
    This thread makes me sadsies. I didn't have a wedding or a weeding dress, I wore jeans and a t-shirt and had to tell my husband to tuck in his shirt. My story is romantic, though- we eloped in wine country (and, no it wasn't the wine talking).
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagenumeria11:

Yep mine was a DB gown as well. I seriously tried on well over 50 gowns it was absurd.  I had 2 others I loved morebut the extra 1000 bucks + 500 in alterations they were going to need made me think my $600 DB gown sounded like a better idea.  If I did it over I dont know if it's the exact gown I would choose but I still like it a lot. (This is DH and I, and yep I'm 6 inches taller than him and wore 3 1/2 inch heals on our wedding day so I am drastically taller than him).

I almost bought this one! I was torn between it, and the one I chose:

• Options
     MIL sewed tiny Swarovski crystals all throughout my veil.  It looked so pretty but never showed up in pictures. 

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

It has a gorgeous long lace train and I had a lace mantilla to go with it. It's called "Leyenda" by La Sposa, a Spanish line. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"