May 2011 Moms

Picky Little Eater!

What's everyone feeding their tots? I can't seem to find anything that she will actually eat! 
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Picky Little Eater!

• Could it be just a phase? DS seems to get picky/little appetite when he is teething. A typical day for him goes like this: for breakfast today I made some oat/apple pancakes and fruit, for the small mid morning snack a few cheddar bunnies. For lunch he ate meatballs and steamed carrots, for snack he had a fruit smoothie and for dinner he had an mushroom and kale mini omelet and pineapple.

But some days he wants nothing but cheese and blueberries...I always offer what we have, I never cook just for him with the exception that he has fruit with each meal and we don't.

I say just keep offering!
  • imageSteph&Harry08:
    Could it be just a phase? DS seems to get picky/little appetite when he is teething. A typical day for him goes like this: for breakfast today I made some oat/apple pancakes and fruit, for the small mid morning snack a few cheddar bunnies. For lunch he ate meatballs and steamed carrots, for snack he had a fruit smoothie and for dinner he had an mushroom and kale mini omelet and pineapple. But some days he wants nothing but cheese and blueberries...I always offer what we have, I never cook just for him with the exception that he has fruit with each meal and we don't. I say just keep offering!

This makes me feel like a bad mom! DD gets what we eat, but she usually picks around the veggies, so she eats a lot of starches and some meat. I try to work in fruit yogurt (unsweetened) and veggie soups (pureed) to get some vitamins in her.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • Ellie loves carbs.  Pancakes, waffles, pasta are her favorites.  She also eats the crap out of carrots and peas, watermelon, blue berries, pineapple, grapes.

Breakfast: pancakes or eggs, fruit 

Lunches: jelly sandwich, string cheese, yogurt, fruit, leftovers from dinner the night before

Dinner: Pizza, Chicken, mixed veggies, potatoes, sweet potatoe fries that I slice and bake w/ some olive oil, pasta, mac & cheese...whatever.

Snacks: we usually do fruit, or fruit pouches when we're out, goldfish, animal crackers, stuff like that

• Here's what my son eats:

Breakfast: whole wheat waffle, plain unsweetened greek yogurt with a fruit puree mixed in, unsweetened dry cereal (Crispix is a favorite), scrambled egg with cheese, cottage cheese

Lunch: leftover meat/potatoes/pasta from our dinner the night before, cheese, no preservative lunch meat, fruit, whole wheat crackers, veggies

Dinner: similar to lunch

Snacks: fruit, whole wheat crackers with cheese, veggie pouch (if we're out and about), unsweetened cereal

Drinks: water and whole milk only

I do my very best to avoid anything with added sugar and minimize the salt. I read labels religiously.

These are the typical things.  However, being a toddler, he will love something one day and refuse it the next.  It's all part of the fun!

• imagekelly321:

imageSteph&Harry08:
    Could it be just a phase? DS seems to get picky/little appetite when he is teething. A typical day for him goes like this: for breakfast today I made some oat/apple pancakes and fruit, for the small mid morning snack a few cheddar bunnies. For lunch he ate meatballs and steamed carrots, for snack he had a fruit smoothie and for dinner he had an mushroom and kale mini omelet and pineapple.

But some days he wants nothing but cheese and blueberries...I always offer what we have, I never cook just for him with the exception that he has fruit with each meal and we don't.

I say just keep offering!

This makes me feel like a bad mom! DD gets what we eat, but she usually picks around the veggies, so she eats a lot of starches and some meat. I try to work in fruit yogurt (unsweetened) and veggie soups (pureed) to get some vitamins in her.

Oh don't feel bad! As if he knew I posted this yesterday, today he was in a cranky mood two molars coming and ate nothing a cheddar bunnies half a pear and nursed nonstop all day...oy!
  • Tess is pretty picky too, so we give her a shake in the morning to make sure she gets all of the veggies and fruit she refuses (mostly just the veggies) to eat during the day. This is what we put in it and she LOVES it:

FYI we use only organic produce since several things have so much less nutritional value if they aren't. 

- 1 c Organic regular or chocolate almond milk

- 1/4 c 100% cranberry juice ( not sweetened or a mix of other fruits, it quite bitter). 

- 1 c spinach 

- 1/2 c kale

- 1TBS ground flax seed

- 1TBS chia seed

- 1tsp stevia sweetner

- 1 banana

- 1/2 c frozen mixed berries

- Green superfood powder (chocolate flavor) 

- Sometimes you'll need to add a little more almond milk. 

I used to do this in a magic bullet blender, but have since bought a Vitamix which really blends it up nicely. Now the rest of the day she's free-grazing on lots of different things like bananas, cheese, crackers, rice cakes, spaghetti, etc. She really doesn't like meat, and we are totally NOT vegan or vegetarian, this little lady doesn't like it!

Good luck with everything mamacita! :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageSLSeibert1:

- 1/4 c 100% cranberry juice ( not sweetened or a mix of other fruits, it quite bitter). 

- 1 c spinach 

- 1/2 c kale

- 1TBS ground flax seed

- 1TBS chia seed

- 1tsp stevia sweetner

- 1 banana

Love this!

I make a similar version and LO loves any smoothie I give him. I'm on diet plan trying to gain weight so I add homemade almond butter to the smoothies to add calories, delicious!

• imageSteph&Harry08:
    imageSLSeibert1:

- 1 c spinach 

- 1/2 c kale

- 1TBS ground flax seed

- 1TBS chia seed

- 1tsp stevia sweetner

- 1 banana

Love this!

I make a similar version and LO loves any smoothie I give him. I'm on diet plan trying to gain weight so I add homemade almond butter to the smoothies to add calories, delicious!

Oooh we love almond butter! We all drink this in the morning, but I'm having a little trouble getting it down now that I'm PG with #2. :X
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"