1st Trimester

ULTRASOUND ?

I have my first ultrasound tomorrow at my RE, then Friday I have my first appointment with my OB. DH is wanting to go but I don't want to freak him out with the first ultrasound since the baby doesn't remeble anything other than a teeny little circle with a heartbeat at this time. For 2nd time moms, how far along were you when DH went and how did he respond? Also, can being constipated give the Dr a hard time doing the U/S?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: ULTRASOUND ?

• imageJessica0927:
    I have my first ultrasound tomorrow at my RE, then Friday I have my first appointment with my OB. DH is wanting to go but I don't want to freak him out with the first ultrasound since the baby doesn't remeble anything other than a teeny little circle with a heartbeat at this time. For 2nd time moms, how far along were you when DH went and how did he respond? Also, can being constipated give the Dr a hard time doing the U/S?

I don't understand why that would freak him out. If he wants to go, then let him go. With our first, we had a dating u/s around 6 weeks. How did he react? He was super excited that we had a bean with a heartbeat. I wouldn't have expected anything else.

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • I'm not sure how seeing your baby's heartbeat would freak him out in a bad way. If he wants to be there let him go. Even though it is a little blob, it is your baby, with a heartbeat and it's the most amazing thing! My DH has seen ultrasounds at 5 weeks, where we saw nothing but the sac, and at 6-7 weeks where we saw the h/b. He's been as excited as me everytime. 

Not sure about you 2nd question, but I wouldn't think it'd be a problem.  

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for your response! I was a little worried about it since my RE said that men usually are a little taken back by what they look like at that time! :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageJessica0927:

Thanks for your response! I was a little worried about it since my RE said that men usually are a little taken back by what they look like at that time! :)

My husband went to most of my app with first DS and is with this baby to. I would be worried that you feel you need to be concerned with how DH would react to a ultrasound. There is nothing " freaky" about it..it is a baby!!!!!!!! I am glad I dont have to worry about things like that!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I simply warned FI when we went for an ultrasound around 6 weeks that it's not going to look like a baby, and we might not see much.

We saw the heartbeat and he was sooo excited. He teared up when I didn't! 

Me 28 | DH 33
    Married 12.21.12
    DD#1 born 5.21.13
    DD#2 due 7.11.16
  • I'm a first time mom.  My second ultrasound is tomorrow.  My DH has come for everything so far.  Background note: he has been reading the week by week pregnancy book with me.  DH wanted to come with and know there wouldn't be much to see the first time.  He was really excited when we had the ultrasound done.

In my opinion which you can ignore if you like since I'm only a first time mom - if he's wants to come with I'd let him.  If you're worried about what he'll think show him the baby's progress or in a book or online so he knows what stage the baby's growth is at.  Good luck and enjoy your ultrasound there is nothing like seeing your baby for the first time or hearing the heart beat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• Thanks for your response! I am going to allow him to come along, maybe this will ease his mind since he wasn't with me for the U/S with my first pregnancy in March that ended in a miscarriage at 8 1/2 weeks.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My Dh and I agreed that all ultrasounds we will be going to together. He is just as excited about our LO so why not let him enjoy seeing the bean for the first time! Good luch at your ultrasound! H& H 9 months to you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageJessica0927:

Thanks for your response! I was a little worried about it since my RE said that men usually are a little taken back by what they look like at that time! :)

Men don't get to experience the physical changes and all the pregnancy stuff we do, so if he wants to go to the us to experience it, let him go. I doubt he'd be freaked out. That's just wierd.  He has to know the baby is a little thing at that point and he is excited to be a part of it

imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DH went with me to the first ultrasound and the anatomy scan during my first pregnancy. It's his first child in there! Let him share the moment with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"