April 2013 Moms

Having a bad body image / fat day. :-(

So, I've always struggled with my weight, I was overweight most of my life, then from ages 25-30 I lost about 70 lbs, only to gain it back between 30 and 35.  And just when I rejoined WW and had lost about 10 lbs, bammo - pregnant.

I was more than happy to give up WW and focus on this pregnancy -- and at first, I even thought "hey, I'm no stranger to weight gain, this might be a bit easier for me than most, at least I'm not losing my hot body."

When I went to buy a few pieces of maternity clothes last month it was a positive experience and I found cute stuff that fit and flattered.

WELL, I have a family portrait tomorrow night with my parents, brother and SIL and kids, DH and I -- and we all have to wear dark denim on the bottom and shades of black / gray on the top.  Easy enough.  I have a cute pair of jeans to wear that are flattering. 

But I just went to go buy a top, and felt absolutely HORRIBLE about my body in every mirror.  Everything just fell apart.  NOthing fit, nothing flattered, and now I'm paranoid that I"m going to look terrible in this picture, which will be memorialized for  years.  It would be one thing if I was super visibly pregnant, but right now I just look chunky.

I don't expect any major words of wisdom, and in the long run this doesn't matter (I have very healthy BP, heart rate, blood sugar, thyroid, I have run marathons, and I'v only gained a few lbs in this pregnancy), I'm just having a tough time today and needed to share it with somebody.

Thanks for listening.

~JSS

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Having a bad body image / fat day. :-(

• (((hugs)))

Those types of days happen even when not pregnant - I lost 70lbs a couple of years ago and still would have days quite recently when I'd look in the mirror and just see flab.  But honestly, I bet you don't look as bad as you think you do. And clothes really make a difference - I hope you're able to find a top that you really love and makes you feel pretty!

Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I don't have any words of advice for the picture, but just want to sympathize with you. I personally hate having my picture taken on a regular day because of weight issues and I would dread having it taken right now. I have a little bump, but in a picture out of context I think I would just look fat. You will always know in that picture you were carrying a little one though and I would try to focus on that.
    BFP #1 2/20/12 - ectopic methotrexate @6w2d on 3/6/12 BFP#2 7/27/12 EDD 4/10/13- It's a boy! imageimagePhotobucketBabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageheather4hawks:
    I don't have any words of advice for the picture, but just want to sympathize with you. I personally hate having my picture taken on a regular day because of weight issues and .

Me too, I have always hated it, liked it BETTER when I was thinner, but didn't even love it then.

The kicker is that I bought my parents this stupid photo session as a gift for their 40th wedding anniversary, so I did this to myself!  Ha!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh, I jsut thought of something else! Maybe take the time to pamper yourself prior to the picture. Get your hair and nails done, buy a new top or accessories, or have your makeup done by a pro. I think that taking those steps may help you focus on the good parts instead of the bad. I always feel a little better if the things I can make look better have been spruced up.
    BFP #1 2/20/12 - ectopic methotrexate @6w2d on 3/6/12 BFP#2 7/27/12 EDD 4/10/13- It's a boy! imageimagePhotobucketBabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hear ya- feeling that way a lot lately myself!

Two words for you- cardigan/scarf-- covers a multititude of "sins" and directs the view to your face :)
  • I'm so sorry :( I feel this way too.  We had a family wedding last week (hubby was best man, daughter was flower girl) and I just looked fat.  Those pictures will be everywhere forever.  Blah.  
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I ended up with a longer cardigan that doesn't close, just stays open in the front.  It is grey with a black t-shirt / tank underneath.  I like the scarf idea though -- that is cute.

Thanks ladies -- I'd love to tkae some time to pamper before, but it is at 6 PM tomorrow and I have ot work until 5.  I got my hair cut and colored and a gel manicure last week so I'm pretty set on that front, just could use some last minute lipo to smooth out the bumps. ;-)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I know I'm new to the board (today) but let me tell you this is an area I am very familiar with.  I have gained and lost my whole life and now that I'm PG just find myself wishing for the day where I look more pregnant than fat so I don't keep looking at what I call my "bloat" with dispair.

For your photo I think what you chose sounds perfect and no matter what you can look back on it as a reminder of when you were carrying the little one and that should make it a great photo for you.  I'm sure the maternal glow will have you looking fantastic too!

• Thank you, everybody, for the support. 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was on WW too before becoming pg, I lost about 35lbs before I had to quit.  I've really been struggling with putting the weight back on. I had wanted to get below 250 for my sister's wedding 2 weeks ago and I was still there for the wedding, but as of my drs appt yesterday I've creeped back over. Its depressing and I feel the same way about the pics. I feel like I don't look pregnant at all in any of those wedding pics only fat. :(

I'm holding out hope that the actual wedding photographer got some great pics of me that look awesome cause that's her job. I'm sure your professional will do the same for you! Good luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• imageJSS1002:

So, I've always struggled with my weight, I was overweight most of my life, then from ages 25-30 I lost about 70 lbs, only to gain it back between 30 and 35.  And just when I rejoined WW and had lost about 10 lbs, bammo - pregnant.

I was more than happy to give up WW and focus on this pregnancy -- and at first, I even thought "hey, I'm no stranger to weight gain, this might be a bit easier for me than most, at least I'm not losing my hot body."

When I went to buy a few pieces of maternity clothes last month it was a positive experience and I found cute stuff that fit and flattered.

WELL, I have a family portrait tomorrow night with my parents, brother and SIL and kids, DH and I -- and we all have to wear dark denim on the bottom and shades of black / gray on the top.  Easy enough.  I have a cute pair of jeans to wear that are flattering. 

But I just went to go buy a top, and felt absolutely HORRIBLE about my body in every mirror.  Everything just fell apart.  NOthing fit, nothing flattered, and now I'm paranoid that I"m going to look terrible in this picture, which will be memorialized for  years.  It would be one thing if I was super visibly pregnant, but right now I just look chunky.

I don't expect any major words of wisdom, and in the long run this doesn't matter (I have very healthy BP, heart rate, blood sugar, thyroid, I have run marathons, and I'v only gained a few lbs in this pregnancy), I'm just having a tough time today and needed to share it with somebody.

Thanks for listening.

~JSS

try taking a picture of yourself in your outfit rather than relying on the mirror.  last week I thought i was HUGE...way too big for where I am in my pregnancy.  I decided to take a picture of my bump and what do you know...it was barely showing in the picture whereas in the mirror I thought I looked GIGANTIC!!!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• I'm sorry! I have had some serious body issues for the last month or two. Nothing has fit for months. My maternity clothes are too big and my regular clothes are way too small. Bella band is a joke and doesn't help keep anything up.

Unfortunately my body issues didn't get any better as my last pregnancy got further along. I bloated up like a balloon. I seriously looked like Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by the time I delivered. My feet grew 3+ sizes for those few months. I'm hoping that doesn't happen again this time and I feel a lot better about my self in the coming months. I am working out a lot more this time and that has helped some. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"