November 2012 Moms

2 days in hospital with kidney stones and failed NST's :(

So I've had these horrible bladder infections which Monday morning felt like it got to my kidneys. Went to my OBGYN and she noticed I had a ton of blood in my urine so I was sent straight to L&D at the hospital. To make a long story short I had multiple kidney stones in my left kidney and a 3/4 of an inch stone on my right kidney. Because of the size of the one stone normally it would immediately need to be removed via surgery, but being pregnant does not allow that. I have to get it removed right after I have baby so for right now I was given some Vicodin to manage my pain.

The other issue is I failed multiple NST's at the hospital so that's why I couldn't get released until today. They gave me a BPP ultrasound which thank God I passed and baby looked fine. I do have to get another NST tomorrow and if I fail that one I'm back in the hospital. So I was told to bring my hospital bag tomorrow just in case. I still have a few more weeks, but I might be having this baby in the next one...

Re: 2 days in hospital with kidney stones and failed NST's :(

• That's terrible news!  I'm so sorry you're in pain and that the NSTs are not being passed.  Ugh.  I hope the next one goes well so that you don't have to be admitted.  T&Ps to you!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am sorry.  I was in the hospital for 4 days in August with a kidney infection- it was the worst!  I can only imagine with kidney stones as well - stay strong!

Me:36, DH:37

DS born 11/2012

BFP 7/26/14, Missed M/C at 8 weeks, discovered at 10 wks, 6 days, D&C 9/22/14, Dx: Partial molar pregnancy

• Loading the player...
  • Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear that. I had one teeny tiny kidney stone a few weeks ago and the pain was excruciating. Best of luck to you! At least baby is nearly full term now so an early delivery could be a major blessing for you. Feel better!
    Please pardon any typos -- I'm typically bumping from my phone
    V|V TSP V|V
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    * Lindsay Chase is going to be a big brother in August! *
  • First of all prayers to you for quick healing and passed NSTs.

I know easier said than done, but try to relax and not stress the NST. I go twice a week for them and I notice that when I'm a little more stressed for whatever reason they do not come out as good. Bring ice cold water with you and a snack that should jump start the baby. 

Good Luck!  

• So sorry to hear this!  I hope you feel at least a little bit better soon, and that baby continues to do well.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I failed another nst today as well.. but thank god they went and done a ultrasound and everything looked good.. gotta get another one monday. i feel ur pain. I hope your next one goes good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • T&P. Hopefully your next NST will be better than the last few.
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"