3rd Trimester

Scheduled C-section!

So my c-section is scheduled for November 5th, my due date! But I forgot to ask my Dr how long should I take off work. For those who have had c-sections before, what you suggest?
BabyName Ticker

Re: Scheduled C-section!

• Isn't 8 weeks the norm? I'm sure you could try to go back earlier than that if things were going smoothly but I think most doc won't clear you until 8.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • this
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagerrcraz7:
    Isn't 8 weeks the norm? I'm sure you could try to go back earlier than that if things were going smoothly but I think most doc won't clear you until 8.
  • Trying to remember 4 years back....I think my doc cleared me to drive & go back to "normal" activities after my 6 week post baby check up.
  • At least 8 weeks if you have a desk job, 12 if you are on your feet.

You might start to feel better much sooner, but your body still needs to heal, and that takes time. The more inactive you are, the better you will heal.

Yes, I know people who were mowing the lawn a week after a C-section and wear that like a badge of honor, but frankly, it's just stupid.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I was cleared after 6 weeks last time.  But, I took off a full 14 weeks.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 8 weeks.  
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I took off 6 weeks.
  • I was cleared at 6 weeks but went back at 12. I'll do the same this time as well. My c-section is the day after yours, Nov. 6th. We are almost there!   Smile

• I was cleared for a non-desk job after 6 wks.  It's going to depend on your recovery so it may not be something they can answer now.
  • I got cleared at 6 weeks, but never would have gone back until at least 8.  Although, mine was an emergency c after 18 hours of labor, and I've been told that scheduled c's have better recoveries.  I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    Preston!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You def want the 8 your are entitled to..i took 12 because im on my feet at work and feel like i was just really starting to feel normal again and enjoying my time with baby and it was almost time to go back.
    *Michelle* Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"