Parenting after 35
Options

Room for one more?

Hi ladies!  I have been on TB for a couple years now and just noticed this board.   Anyway, I am 36.  I have a little boy who just turned 13 months.  I've been married for 4 years this month to my wonderful DH.  I started out on TK, the moved to TN, and then to TB.  So I've been around for a while.

If you need my born before 1980 credentials here goes (I saw in a post below):
- I remember when cable started.
- I pegged my jeans, had big hair, used more than 1 can of AquaNet a week, wore more than 1 swatch on the same wrist, more than 1 pair of socks of different colors with my high tops, had lots of pins on my bleached jean jacket.
- I remember MTV when it played videos and VJs Adam Curry (I was jealous of his hair) and Downtown Julie Brown (loved her style). 
- I remember the game show Remote Control and remember Colin Quinn on it.
- I wanted to be Punky Brewster
- I had He-Man and She-Ra action figures
- I remember seeing Return of the Jedi in the theaters.
- Me and a friend used to do locker jokes using my closet doors.
- I know where the slime on Nickelodeon originated (see locker jokes).

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Room for one more?

• Options
    Hi and welcome! I like the list you made there. We're a pretty quiet board but we all get along and have a healthy respect for all, or most, things '80's.
  • Options

Ok.. you're still too young for me because I have no knowledge of what "locker" jokes are..  hahahahaha!    I was in college by the time Nickelodeon came to be.

But I do remember drinking in college to PeeWee's Playhouse before Saturday morning tailgate parties.

Welcome aboard.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! Your list of 80s credentials is impressive! I guess you're in!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cool list, you're in!
  • Options
    imageBrideBuddies:
    Ok.. you're still too young for me because I have no knowledge of what "locker" jokes are..  hahahahaha!    I was in college by the time Nickelodeon came to be.

Locker jokes were from You Can't Do That on Television... which starred Alanis Morrisette.

• Options

imageshelley1002:
    imageBrideBuddies:

Locker jokes were from You Can't Do That on Television... which starred Alanis Morrisette.

I have no idea what this is either.  What year was this on?  I graduated HS in 1989 - am I too old for this one?

Loved the rest of this list though.  Gave me some smiles on their rainy morning.

Did anyone watch The Voice last night - loved hearing them sing Jessie's Girl!!!

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options
    imagejlw2505:

imageshelley1002:
    imageBrideBuddies:

I have no idea what this is either.  What year was this on?  I graduated HS in 1989 - am I too old for this one?

Loved the rest of this list though.  Gave me some smiles on their rainy morning.

Did anyone watch The Voice last night - loved hearing them sing Jessie's Girl!!!

It was on from 1981 through 1990 on Nickelodeon.  It was also on in 1979 but I'm sure that was the original trial and it came back in 1981 where is was popular.

• Options
    imageBrideBuddies:

But I do remember drinking in college to PeeWee's Playhouse before Saturday morning tailgate parties.

Welcome aboard.

Because I have a BABY brother who is 36, I know about Nickelodeon and "locker jokes."  

As one of the other old ladies of the board (43), welcome and we promise to teach you to be properly crabby.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageshelley1002:
    imagejlw2505:

imageshelley1002:
    imageBrideBuddies:

It was on from 1981 through 1990 on Nickelodeon.  It was also on in 1979 but I'm sure that was the original trial and it came back in 1981 where is was popular.

Thanks - I remember the show but just not the locker room jokes part.  I was never a huge Nickelodeon watcher though.

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

Yiesch - I now feel deprived - we didn't have cable when I was growing up and it became available...  My parents still have their 100' high antenna!

Welcome aboard!!!  Factoid of the day: Zubaz are the one of the only clothing brands from the 80's/early 90's that never filed for bankruptcy and still exists today!  (in other words, when your kids come home and have an 80's day at school, you can still get them a pair!)..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Welcome, I don't post alot but had too seeing the picture of your little boy.  If you see my picture my little girl had a Hanger Helmet....old picture she has been out of it for 11 months now!  It's crazy when I had never seen them before until DD needed it.  You DS looks very adorable!

Anyways, do you remember when the VCR came out?  OH yeah, my parents bought 2 movies - Footloose and 48 Hours....I still to this day can recite the words to Footloose because we watched it so many times!  LOL

Andi is on the move! imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    imagephilkristi:

Welcome, I don't post alot but had too seeing the picture of your little boy.  If you see my picture my little girl had a Hanger Helmet....old picture she has been out of it for 11 months now!  It's crazy when I had never seen them before until DD needed it.  You DS looks very adorable!

Anyways, do you remember when the VCR came out?  OH yeah, my parents bought 2 movies - Footloose and 48 Hours....I still to this day can recite the words to Footloose because we watched it so many times!  LOL

Thanks.  That is an old picture but I like it too much to change it.  It is a DOC band.  He wore it for 5 weeks.  My siggy pic is the day he got it.  He was 5 months then.  It came off at 6.5 months.  He just turned 13 months.

And I remember renting a VCR and movie from the grocery store before we could afford to buy one.

• Options
    Hi and welcome!  :o)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Wow only 5 weeks!  That would have been awesome!  I'm pretty sure DD was in her's for a good 5 months!  It sucked!  I hated it by the time we got to take it off full time.  And of course there were times when it wasn't worn because it was a "special" time.  It did save her head from hitting a lot of stuff during the learning to crawl and walk stages :)

That's funny about renting a vcr & movie.  Yeah it was several years and then our hometown little grocery store stated renting movies.  Oh how times have changed :)

Andi is on the move! imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"