February 2013 Moms

I finally found the perfect diaper bag!

I have been searching for the perfect diaper bag since I found out I was pregnant. I originally thought I would buy a Coach diaper bag for around $300 because I am a Coach fan and that's all I carry for purses. However, none of the Coach diaper bags jumped out at me. I am not a high maintenance person and I rarely ever buy anything for myself, let alone something nice, so I figured I would make sure my bag was something that I would enjoy and have it be functional at the same time.

Last week, I logged into the bump and I saw an advertisement that said you could win a Mia Bossi diaper bag. I had never heard of that brand and I clicked on it because I liked the color of the one in the picture and it happened to be my favorite color---orange.

Well after Googling the brand, I found the perfect bag! It was in my color, had everything I was looking for and also had a feature I had never seen before of a zip out lining that detached from the bag so you could clean it if needed. I was in heaven.....until I looked at the price. $470!!! Are you kidding me? For a bag? That was almost the price of my first car when I was 16 years old! I knew I had to have that bag but I couldn't justify the price of it which made me a little depressed.

I then started to look around online and found another store that had it for $390....better but not perfect. Well that site was also offering a fall discount of 20% and free shipping which means it would cost $320! I snatched that baby up without even thinking twice about it.

Here is a link to my perfect bag that should be in my possession sometime this week: https://www.rosenberryrooms.com/268-mia-bossi-caryn-tangerine-diaper-bag.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=19884656305&utm_content=pla&gclid=CMLRgqOU9LICFcxAMgodSTEACQ

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I finally found the perfect diaper bag!

• That's cute and the zip out lining is a plus. I bought Kate Spade for the room and style. Okay full confession, I bought two, they were on sale!
    ~ Me, 30 DH, 32 ~ TTC since Oct 2009 septum resection 3/2010 stage IV endo 8/2011 IVF #1 1/25/12, 2 transferred, 2 frozen - BFN FET 2/22/12, 2 transferred - BFN IVF#2 5/12, transferred 3, froze 5, BFP! Beta 1: 151, Beta 2: 282 Cerclage placed @ 17 weeks due to shortening cervix, modified bed rest until delivery SAIF/PAIF always welcome image It's a girl! ~ Clare was born 1/31/13
  • Glad you found a bag you like...but the reality is...

...no diaper bag is perfect (just be prepared for this). You will end up with a totally different, probably cheaper, bag that holds everything you need (newborns require lots of stuff). We went through 3 or 4 different bags depending on where we were doing. Never spent more than $50 on a bag because it is used for such a short period of time.

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • HOLY CR@P $320 for a diaper bag!?!?! God bless you lol I don't have anything near that to spend on a diaper bag lol
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • imagebeanersmommy:

Glad you found a bag you like...but the reality is...

...no diaper bag is perfect (just be prepared for this). You will end up with a totally different, probably cheaper, bag that holds everything you need (newborns require lots of stuff). We went through 3 or 4 different bags depending on where we were doing. Never spent more than $50 on a bag because it is used for such a short period of time.

I am hoping this is not the case, but you never know! I am excited for my new bag, but I understand we will probably have a different bag for different things. My husband picked out a few bags and we have them on the registry so we will probably end up with a few. This is just the one that I wanted more than anything.

• imageMonicaMerkel:
    HOLY CR@P $320 for a diaper bag!?!?! God bless you lol I don't have anything near that to spend on a diaper bag lol

Yeah I know it's a lot of money. I am a big fan of Coach purses which I now get from the outlet stores to save money (last time I got a new one was 2 years ago so it's not something I spend money on often and the last one was an Xmas gift from my husband).

I don't dye my hair, I don't get my nails done, I don't buy shoes or go clothes shopping or anything else that women normally spend on. I am actually pretty plain jane when it comes to buying things and I always look for bargains and rarely get anything for myself. However, the one thing that I love is bags! Not just any bags, but bags that have a higher price tag. Now I am not lucky enough to be able to spend hundreds and hundreds all the time, but the one time every other year or two doesn't make me a frivolous spender when you add up all the things that I don't spend money on. This was my splurge item!

I knew going into this I was allowing myself to spend $300 and I was only $20 over budget so I am happy about that!Big Smile

• you dont have to justify how much you spend on anything to anyone...certainly not people you dont even know. if this is the perfect bag for you and you love it---glad you got it!! you have carried this child to the best of your ability for 9+ mos. You deserve something special for it!!

• It is adorable!  Great job!!!

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

• Wink
    imagedraeray:

imageMonicaMerkel:
    HOLY CR@P $320 for a diaper bag!?!?! God bless you lol I don't have anything near that to spend on a diaper bag lol

Yeah I know it's a lot of money. I am a big fan of Coach purses which I now get from the outlet stores to save money (last time I got a new one was 2 years ago so it's not something I spend money on often and the last one was an Xmas gift from my husband).

I don't dye my hair, I don't get my nails done, I don't buy shoes or go clothes shopping or anything else that women normally spend on. I am actually pretty plain jane when it comes to buying things and I always look for bargains and rarely get anything for myself. However, the one thing that I love is bags! Not just any bags, but bags that have a higher price tag. Now I am not lucky enough to be able to spend hundreds and hundreds all the time, but the one time every other year or two doesn't make me a frivolous spender when you add up all the things that I don't spend money on. This was my splurge item!

I knew going into this I was allowing myself to spend $300 and I was only $20 over budget so I am happy about that!Big Smile

I am not knocking you on it, I promise lol it is pure jealousy Wink

photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • I also found my diaper bag last week. It's a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag and I found it on sale at Nordstrom Rack! :) Normally a $200 diaper bag and I got it for $80!! I was pretty excited about the deal! It was my first purchase for the little one! :) Congrats to you!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree there is no need to justify!  Everyone has their splurges.  You won't find me with an expensive diaper bag, but I make no promises when it comes to a stroller :-) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What a cute bag!
    Together since April 2004.  Married since June 19th, 2010.
     BFP #1: January 31st 2012: CP. 
     BFP #2: June 1st 2012, Due:2/8/13. Avery was born via unplanned c section on 2/13/13. 
     BFP #3: Sept. 25th, 2014. Due: 6/5/15.  MMC on 10/23/14. Confirmed complete molar pregnancy per D&C 10/29/14, 
    HCG officially negative 12/10/14.  Benched until June 2015.

• I'm glad you got a bag but to tell you the truth you'll probably go through 10 more before LO is out of diapers, there is no such thing as the perfect diaper bag...it doesn't exist..it's the holy grail of baby things.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"