Two Under 2

If you have van...

Tell me about it.  The good, the bad, and the ugly.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you have van...

• Honda Odyssey 2011 or newer.  5 latch seats.  Get the DVD player it really is worth it (I actually doubted it but OMG it is the bomb).  The first row seats do this cool thing where the middle seat moves forward about 5" and the side seats move out toward the doors by 1 1/2" each and all 3 seats have latch!  There are also 2 latch in the back row.  Also, it's a top safety rating van.  I don't see any other van with this stuff and I looked long and hard.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imagediana.filipi:
    Honda Odyssey 2011 or newer.  5 latch seats.  Get the DVD player it really is worth it (I actually doubted it but OMG it is the bomb).  The first row seats do this cool thing where the middle seat moves forward about 5" and the side seats move out toward the doors by 1 1/2" each and all 3 seats have latch!  There are also 2 latch in the back row.  Also, it's a top safety rating van.  I don't see any other van with this stuff and I looked long and hard.

This exactly.  We love our Odyssey!  I was dead set against a van, but it has by far more room than other vehicles with a third row and more options for seat configurations.   

• Loading the player...
  • We have a Mazda5 - it's a mini-minivan.  I love that it drives like a car, not like a bulky minivan.  I would definitely say that it is perfect for two kids, but too small if you plan to have a third.  Sooo much cheaper than an Odyssey or Sienna!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a Toyota Sienna and I love it.  The sliding doors (versus the 2-door car I had when DD was born) are a lifesaver.  I also love how much space I have to transport strollers, etc.  I have absolutely no problems driving a van except that the gas mileage isn't great.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • imageklingb52:

imagediana.filipi:
    Honda Odyssey 2011 or newer.  5 latch seats.  Get the DVD player it really is worth it (I actually doubted it but OMG it is the bomb).  The first row seats do this cool thing where the middle seat moves forward about 5" and the side seats move out toward the doors by 1 1/2" each and all 3 seats have latch!  There are also 2 latch in the back row.  Also, it's a top safety rating van.  I don't see any other van with this stuff and I looked long and hard.

This exactly.  We love our Odyssey!  I was dead set against a van, but it has by far more room than other vehicles with a third row and more options for seat configurations.   

All of this, except I vote for no DVD player.  My mom has one in her car and the kids ALWAYS want a DVD.  I bought a duel DVD player for our car (for about $150) and we only put it in when we go on long trips- easy in, easy out!

The only downside is the fact that its a minivan, and the whole stigma that goes along with it, but I decided what makes my life easier is better than what everyone else thinks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • We have a 2006 sienna and LOVE it. A friend has an uplander and this is just sooooooo much better lol. The price reflects that but i'd say it's totally worth it. 

• We just went from a 2006 Toyota Matrix to a 2008 Toyota Sienna and LOVE it.  I don't see us driving anything other than a minivan for a loooong time.  It's just so practical for our lives right now.
  • Looking as well at a van. For those with the odyssey or sienna, do you ever use the 8th seat - how is it?
  • We have a 2012 Odyssey with the optional 8th seat (this was a must for us- one of the few things we really wanted as an option since we plan on driving this van until it completely dies). We knew that as our kids got older having as many seating options would be best for when we have friends along, etc. 

We love our van- we opted for no dvd player and do what pp said with having a dual dvd player that is removable which works for us too since both our kids are RF'ing so having a dvd player on the headrest of the front seats wouldn't be used by either kid if that makes any sense? I have no complaints about our van except that its always full of crap since we have so much extra space :-) I have a hard time keeping it clean and free of kids toys but I think thats probably a regular occurence for moms of young kids.  

ETA: the optional 8th seat is fine- as it is currently we have both carseats in the middle row (with the bonus seat in between). My dad has often sat between the 2 carseats and has had room- obviously its tight but those seats also have the option of being moved over a few inches for extra space (we just tend to not have the gap since toys fall between the seats). So a grown man can fit between 2 car seats if that gives you an idea about space :-) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 2006 Venture

Bad: Its old-no keyless entry, power doors, cd player, or power seats. 

Good: Its old-no freaking out when my tea spills over or the grocery cart slams into the door (I had no idea how much I would appreciate this feature), our 3rd seat came from the junk yard for 10 bucks. Tons of room. I climb in to strap him in a lot, room to change a diaper on the floor. I can get from the passenger seat to the backseat easily. I can fit a ton of groceries and it still seems extremely compact. It fits so easily into parking spaces and I don't feel like I'm driving a tank. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"