Babies: 9 - 12 Months

anyone letting 10 month old sleep with a blanket?

anyone letting 10 month old sleep with a blanket?

Re: anyone letting 10 month old sleep with a blanket?

• Yep, mine does.  She sleeps on her tummy and I put a blanket over her.  I also recently put her crib bumpers back in because she was starting to snuggle up to the sides of her crib.  She can pull a blanket off her face so I'm not too worried about it being an issue.  And it's getting really cold here.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Yes! We have for about two months now. He can pull it off no problem.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Yes, DS has been sleeping with a blankie for a couple of months. It's a knit blanket with really big holes. I put it over my face to chekc, and there's no issue. He can also pull it off of his head. For him it also serves as a comfort item and he only gets it at sleep time, so it helps to act as a cue as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LO has had a blanket since 7 months.
  • DS has had a blankie since day 1... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, he has had a blanket since day one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes but she usually kicks it off anyway.
  • We just started the last few days because it has been cold
    TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJenny952:
    Yep, mine does.  She sleeps on her tummy and I put a blanket over her. .

This!

~*Kimberly*~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • My daughter has slept with a blanket just about from day 1 (until she was old enough to pull the blanket down herself it didn't go above her armpits). And to this day she still pulls her arms out of the blanket! Lol

She is a hot natured child, like her father!, so I usually only cover her with a light baby blanket, otherwise she wake up sweat laden. We also have a light fleece blanket that is super comfy that she loves, but that is only for nights when she wears a light night gown!

• I use wearable blankets. 
  • My baby just turned 1, we have been letting her sleep with a blanket for several months. She was mobile pretty early and started sleeping on her tummy at 4 months. She can move the blanket on her own and it has not been a problem.
  • imageCmmo14:
    blanket and tummy sleeper from week 1

This. She likes to rub the blanket between her fingers while she falls asleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son is now 10 months old, but was born 11 weeks early he refused to sleep on his back and HAD to have a blanket. Now at 10 months he sleeps either back or belly and pulls a blanket over his face, and sleeps like that.
  • My son has been sleeping with a blanket since he was around 7 months old.  He gets cold at night, even though he wears warm pajamas.  He was waking up every couple of hours, then we gave him a blanket and he's been sleeping through the night most of the time.  He's done well with it, he kicks it off but we never have problems with it being near his face.
  • My son is almost 8 months old and we let him sleep in his crib with a blanket. There has been no problems because most times the blanket doesn't stay on him because he moves so much. He never liked being swaddled as an infant and he definitely doesn't like sleep sacks, he likes to have something soft by his face to fall asleep. I see no issue with letting your lettle one sleep with a blanket. Take it from someone who was dead set against giving my son a blanket because I was going to do everything by the book before he was born (lol). Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"