October 2012 Moms

Is nothing sacred anymore??

Is nothing sacred anymore??

MIL just called me to tell me that her sister (the midwife) called her and that my SIL also spoke to her and that all three of them have decided that I need to have sex so this baby can come out. I very nicely explained to her that DH and I spoke about this and that we both (for our own personal reasons) don't feel comfortable with having sex right now and that I have been having some pain during internals, etc, so that though I appreciate her suggestions, sex is not really an option for us at this time.

Her answer? "well, thats what I did with my kids and it worked, and we think you should just do it"

I called DH immediately. I have a great relationship with MIL, but I am seriously exhausted of the sex comments. I would like to think that, though its obvious DH and I have had sex in the past (duh!), some things are still sacred between a married couple, and that I would like to leave it as such.

Whyyyyyyy!??!?!?! 

Married my best friend 09.18.11
TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Blogging Endeavors:
Here Comes Mommy

Re: Is nothing sacred anymore??

• Ugh. I wouldn't have even discussed it with her. I'd tell her the baby will come when ready!
  • I'll be honest, first thing that comes to mind is oh, sex can help it along?  lol.  But I agree, we haven't had it for several weeks now because it's just too uncomfortable and awkward and it does nothing for me.  Thankfully I hadn't had any sex comments from people, but I'd be mortified truthfully.  I'd tell them thanks for your concern, but when the baby's time is here it'll happen. 

Besides, just because it helped them doesn't mean it'll help you.  I'm so glad I'm separated now from those people who kept telling me this and that about pregnancy, delivering, labor, etc...all day it'd be their stories that will omg definitely apply to me!  Shut up people.

• Loading the player...
  • At least she didn't ask you if you were doing nipple stimulation...Indifferent

Seriously, though, people should just butt out. 

• I wouldn't have even talked about it...a simple nod and "thanks for the suggestion" would have ended the topic of conversation - no need to defend YOUR decisions on YOUR body and YOUR child =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageRochell:
    I wouldn't have even talked about it...a simple nod and "thanks for the suggestion" would have ended the topic of conversation - no need to defend YOUR decisions on YOUR body and YOUR child =)

Yes

PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • My MIL has said some of the same when DH and I are both around and he usually handles it with "Baby will come when he's ready." She continues to call/text daily to see if we're in labor and suggesting we get things moving but thankfully she doesn't call/text me directly. DH is a great buffer. Maybe utilize ur DH as a buffer?
  • Wow! She needs to learn some boundaries! Honestly though, I wouldn't have even explained to her why that wasn't an option - it's none of her business what you and DH do in the bedroom. Can your DH talk to her about how inappropriate her comments are?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Oct Angel Babies
  • This is the third time she does this... I figured that nicely explaining it to her one last time would do the trick. Unfortunately, she is home all day during her chemo so she calls me every.sigle.day. I love her, but I feel like I can't breathe anymore!

Married my best friend 09.18.11
    TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
    Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • Whoa - that's really awkward. You should tell her that you would but your H is so big, and because he likes it rough, it just hurts too much. Make sure you do this in person though so you can tell us what shade of crimson she turns Stick out tongue

Be careful asking personal questions - you might get a personal answer!

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
  • imageRochell:
    I wouldn't have even talked about it...a simple nod and "thanks for the suggestion" would have ended the topic of conversation no need to defend YOUR decisions on YOUR body and YOUR child =

This. Discussing sex with my MIL?! Uh, no.
    Birthday

• imagejessican08:

Whoa - that's really awkward. You should tell her that you would but your H is so big, and because he likes it rough, it just hurts too much. Make sure you do this in person though so you can tell us what shade of crimson she turns Stick out tongue

Best response ever! LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • She shouldn't know if you are or aren't.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with PPs - I would've said something like "Thanks for the tip" and left it at that.  No need to tell others what goes on behind your bedroom doors.  If MIL asked, I'd simply reply "Do you really want to know about your son's sex habits?"

• I don't think I would have even answered her or perhaps a polite thanks for the advice, end of subject.  

I don't discuss my sex life with anyone other than DH because well.... it's really nobody else's business what DH and I do in the bedroom.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My mom told me and dh this yesterday. My dad faked a phone call and walked out. It's one thingfor him to obviously know we have sex. It's another to have to hear about how his only child, a daughter, should be having sex.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelovesgummies:
    Ugh. I wouldn't have even discussed it with her. I'd tell her the baby will come when ready!

This!
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Ummmm that's way personal. I would've hung up on them!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • I'm close with my MIL too...but that is crossing a LINE, seriously.

?Married 11-1-08 ~ dxPCOS 9-1-11 ~ BFP 2-14-12 ~ T.J. born 11-1-12? Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Tanner James The  BoysWedding Shot
  • imagejessican08:

Whoa - that's really awkward. You should tell her that you would but your H is so big, and because he likes it rough, it just hurts too much. Make sure you do this in person though so you can tell us what shade of crimson she turns Stick out tongue

hahaha this is an awesome response. And ew, that's not a conversation I would EVER want to have with my MIL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When my mom was visiting last week, she asked if I wanted her to go for a drive so we can have some "alone time." When she was on the way here, she said we needed to "have a rumble in the hay" to get things going. Def on the list of things I don't want to hear from my mother.

• imageellcore:

imageRochell:
    I wouldn't have even talked about it...a simple nod and "thanks for the suggestion" would have ended the topic of conversation - no need to defend YOUR decisions on YOUR body and YOUR child =)

Yes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagemisscheapandchic:
    Ummmm that's way personal. I would've hung up on them!

yes! SO awkward! At least my MIL is in london and can only whatsapp me - i'd be mortified to have this conversation on the phone.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagerachelmichelle1:
    imagejessican08:

*snort.*

Epic. I love it! 

And if possible, make sure you get MIL on video when you do this, you could easily get a million views on youtube. 

D & R were born at 37w5d.

• You should have told her that you guys have been sticking to anal since the vaginal is too uncomfortable and asked her if she thought it would have the same effect ;)
  • imagejessican08:

THIS! HA!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think I would have just immediately punched my MIL in the face for that comment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"