3rd Trimester

Had my first rude pg-related comment yesterday..

First of all, I'm moving over from 2nd tri, so hi ladies!

I was working yesterday (I take care of senior citizens) at an independent living facility and I took her down to dinner. Well when I passed by a table of ladies they asked me when I was due. When I told them (Jan 2) one lady said, "That's a horrible time to plan a due date. Or was it even planned?" I wanted to say to her "no Ma'am, he forgot to pull out" but I just smiled sweetly and told her that yes, we planned this baby and it didn't matter to us what time of year he's born as long as he's healthy, and walked away. I know she probably didn't mean anything by it but it was still irritating.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Had my first rude pg-related comment yesterday..

• That's so rude when people ask if it was planned or not.....like it's any of their business.  I've only had a couple of rude comments, and they happen to be from the same woman at work. 

She told me a couple of weeks ago, like right before I was 32 weeks, "Wow, you've really ballooned up this past week".  Ummm, no, no I did not balloon up over that week, in fact I had a horrible stomach bug and was sick and lost weight.  I really wanted to say "Well, I'm almost 8 months pregnant and my waist is still smaller than yours" (which it actually is), but I refrained. 

Then one day she was walking down the hall and when she looked up and saw me started laughing.  I guess because I was waddling, but still rude.  Its not as if I want to walk like that, but I'm in such horrible pain some days, any movement at all is pure agony.  I just thought to myself, would you laugh at someone who had some degenerative disease that prevented them from walking normally?  I should hope not, so why is it ok just because I'm pregnant?

• OMG LMAO!!!! "He forgot to pull out!" I'm sorry that she was so rude but that made me bust out laughing lol I think our snarkiness kicks up a notch when we're pregnant..just ignore those comments from the ladies. Being where they are they have to gossip about something, I used to get wicked cut eye because I have a tattoo on the inside of myy forearm. Its not rude, it says 'Everything happens for a reason' I got it bc I left an abusive relationship after 12 years and it has great meaning for me..but the ladies at the home I worked at didn't think too highly of it. Just smile and nod lol
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a librarian and I work with the public so I get to hear all sorts of lovely things. I had this conversation last week:

rude man : "Wow you look ready to pop"

me: "Well, I hope not, I still have 8 weeks left"

rude man: " Yeah, you are going to be humongous"

Thank you sir, just what every pregnant woman likes to hear.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • People ask us this all the time - total strangers, family, friends all the time. They cant fathom we would want to have four kids on purpose.
    BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lol. I get this question all the time. I am 37 so most people think it was unplanned. This was very planned for us. I also get the "you are so big for how far along you are".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • Same here! I'm 22, so everyone thinks it's their business to ask if our baby was planned. My husband is 28, so it shouldn't seem unreasonable to think that she was! 
  • I went to the in office nurse at my job to get something for my headache. So I told her it can only be tylenol because I'm pregnant.She then said "maybe it's stress you only look 18, was it planned? Do you want the baby?" I was so shocked I said "Actually I'm 27, happily married and very happy to be pregnant" Grabbed my pills and left. I was pissed. Who asks if you want your baby? Even if I was 18 and it wasn't planned what makes you think I wouldn't want my baby?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm impressed you made it to 27 weeks before getting a rude comment. I didn't make it nearly that long. What is wrong with people?
  • Yeah I'm impressed too. I think the only reason I made it this far without them is because I'm a SAHM during the week, therefore not enough public exposure for comments to occur. And usually I do in-home care on the weekends, but my client was just moved to this facility from home so I expect to get a lot of unsolicited comments from the "older generation" from now on. Unfortunately, I have to keep my type A personality in check while on the clock and be respectful LOL.
  • Some older ladies (think 70s) at my shower this weekend asked how much weight I've gained.  I told them 15 pounds.  They said, "Oh honey...you need to be careful!  Our doctors told us only 15 pounds and you have two more months to go!"  I told them that recommendations have changed and 15 pounds at 31 weeks for someone who was at a normal pre-pregnancy weight is excellent.  They looked skeptical and said, "You know you have to take that weight off after he's born, right?"  Argh!

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• imagedanak4:

I'm a librarian and I work with the public so I get to hear all sorts of lovely things. I had this conversation last week:

I get this every.stinkin'.day!  SO annoying!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
  • I also had a guy at the grocery store mention how small I was thinking I was only 5 months along (ok freak I look like I'm about to pop I know)  Then he proceeded to say that I must not have gained much weight.  OK thanks, but why comment on a woman's weight gain? and third when I told him that this was #3 he went into this weird comedian character and tried to speak in a hispanic accent and said that my birth canal was no longer that, but a slip n' slide.  WTH?! Really?!

I practically RAN out of the aisle and out of the store in a hurry!  Really?  Who says these things to a random stranger, let alone a pregnant lady?!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
  • I get big when I'm pregnant, it's just what my body does. Still it doesn't make me feel better about the comments. My mom is ALWAYS asking me my weight gain, she is mad I won't tell her my actual weight. At DS's bday party my dad walks in and stops, stares at me and goes "Holy Sh.. are you sure there isn't two in there?" Now I know it's been a month, at least, since I've seen him, but come on. I didn't reply I just kept doing whatever it was I was doing. Good thing he and my mom aren't married any more I'd hate all the huge comments at once. I know my dad didn't mean to offend me, he isn't that way, but still he should have thought before he spoke.

My neighbor has an in home nurse because of a stroke a couple years ago, 2 or 3 weeks ago she asked when I was due. When I told her she got really loud and was like "dang! OMG! Are you serious! you are so big! Just remember if you have that baby early, cuz it's so big, I'm right next door and can call 911. hahaha" :/ really lady. Even if I had a 5 minute labor, I'm sure I can handle dialing 3 numbers.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • I got my first rude comment on Saturday. A man came up to me and said your timers done!! I was like WTF!!! I'm 36 weeks and only look about 32 weeks but my belly button pops out a little bit! I thought my DH was going to punch him!
  • Ugh. I thought it was just because I look young--I have had so many people ask if it was planned. The best was the woman who asked "Is your...husband?...happy about it?" after asking if I was happy about it. The hesitation over the word husband was what made me want to punch her. I had another woman tell me there was no way I'd make it another month, let alone the 6 weeks to my due date and I've had people ask if I'm sure there's only one. Most of these people are strangers. Wth does it matter to them?! Gr. Good luck. I'm a day away from 39 weeks and I'm almost afraid to leave the house because the next commenter might end up with my fist in their face lol
  • Lol! I had my first rude comment the other week when we went out for dinner.  The hostess looked me up and down and asked "Are you going to fit in a booth?" All I could say was "good question" and laughed, lol. People are pretty ballsy when it comes to pregnant women and commenting lol. 
  • imageJbosarge85:

I went to the in office nurse at my job to get something for my headache. So I told her it can only be tylenol because I'm pregnant.She then said "maybe it's stress you only look 18, was it planned? Do you want the baby?" I was so shocked I said "Actually I'm 27, happily married and very happy to be pregnant" Grabbed my pills and left. I was pissed. Who asks if you want your baby? Even if I was 18 and it wasn't planned what makes you think I wouldn't want my baby?

OMG!!! How rude!! I would have ninja kicked her in the boob!! WTF who says something like that?!

BabyFetus Ticker Labor buddy to LaceAndLilies
  • Lol!!! It is rude but its really funny. I had a patient ask me once if I was pregnant and I said yes maam and she came back with okay good. I was just making sure you aren't just fat!! Really!?! Why do some people even speak! Lol. I had another say ''I know I haven't seen you in about a week but you look like you have gained 20lbs" that one made me cry. : people suck, to say the least haha.
  • imagedanak4:

I'm a librarian and I work with the public so I get to hear all sorts of lovely things. I had this conversation last week:

This.  I work in a hospital, so I deal with the public and new faces everyday.  And I swear every single person who looks at me asks when I am due...and when I reply that I still have ten weeks to go, all I hear is "you'll never make it" or "but you're already so huge!"....Maybe its hormones, but it makes me want to rip someone's head off! lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"