3rd Trimester
Options

Skin on stomach numb

My stomach has been itching like crazy lately, but when I scratch, I can't feel anything! If I rub my stomach, I can tell I'm touching it, but only from pressure. The actual skin seems to be completely numb. It's driving me crazy!!! I can't find any relief from the itching and I'm worried that if I keep scratching, I'll end up hurting myself because I can't really judge how hard I'm scratching. 

Anyone else had an experience like this? Is this normal? I would guess it's from how tightly the skin is stretched across my bump, but I'm not sure. Do I need to call the doctor? Or is this just one of the fun 3rd trimester symptoms? I can't find it in any of my books (first time mom, so pardon the anxiety). Thanks in advance!! (39 weeks this Tuesday!) 

Re: Skin on stomach numb

• Options
    I had some of the same issues. This is my second pregnancy in 2 years and Eucerin Calming Creme and body wash save my skin. It works wonders!!
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem. I use Aveeno oatmeal body wash and use Vitamin E oil after my shower. My Dr told me to do this. HTH!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Rather than scratch, when you feel itchy, put lotion on your skin.  It will help with the actual causes of the itching, and you won't hurt yourself since you can't feel the scratching anyway.  I had similar issues in both of my pregnancies (moreso the 2nd time around) and lotion helped a lot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mine is right around my belly button!!! I had it pierced so I dont know if that has something to do with it...
  • Options
    I don't have the itchiness but I definitely have the numbness.  It's really odd.

Haha, my username should read "3Girlsand1BoyMama"...with #5 on the way!  (and then we're done.)

Me, 33, DH, 32  DDs 9, 7, 4 and DS 2.  EDD #5 4-29-15

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Mine itches too, but not that bad of an itch. But every once in awhile I have that numbness. I have no idea what that is!! If you find out keep me posted!
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have the same problem! I've been lotioning my belly when it itches and that seems to help some.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow!! I thought I was the only one that has this problem! I actually thought maybe it was something I had done while dancing (pulled muscle or something). But it's getting worse! Sometimes lotion work but most of the time not.
  • Options
    I have a spot about twice the size of a half dollar right on the top of my belly (at the end of my sternum) that has been numb since 23 weeks. MW said it's nothing to worry about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"