October 2012 Moms

Is anyone else beyond emotional at 39 weeks?

Is anyone else beyond emotional at 39 weeks?

I understand that pregnancy hormones are raging now, but I guess I've been lucky throughout my pregnancy that it hasn't been too out of control. But this week, I seriously cannot stop crying. Over everything, and over nothing. I can't even pinpoint why I'm crying or what is making me so anxious. I feel pretty much ready for LO - nursery ready, gear ready, etc, so I don't think it's that. But perfect example, last night we were at my best friend's birthday dinner, having a fantastic time, and I suddenly started crying for no reason. At the table, in front of everyone. Completely embarassing! I'm annoyed at myself!

Anyone else a complete mental case these days?

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is anyone else beyond emotional at 39 weeks?

• I won't be 39w until Friday, but I started feeling like that yesterday. I remember with DS, I was like that for a week or so after giving birth too because of the huge hormonal changes that go along with that. I'm usually not a big crier, so it's definitely weird for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have been the same way... I think in some ways it's the realization that our lives are about to change in unimaginable ways.  I know for me the sleeplessness doesn't help at all--like today I woke up at 2:30 AM and was pretty much not able to get back to sleep--had to pee every hour, was having pretty bad menstrual-like cramps, etc.  When I'm exhausted, I know that every emotion seems to magnify itself by 100.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not even 37 weeks yet, and feel that way.  For me, though, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I have no control over what is going on with my body.  I have no idea when my baby is going to arrive, and I am more or less held captive until the day comes.  The unknown is what kills me, and what monopolizes my thoughts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have had a few bouts here and there where I tear up. I can't really pin point why but I've done pretty good throughout this pregnancy so now I just feel silly when I cry lol
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am 39 weeks today and just got really teary because I feel like a total slob, and because I haven't talked to my best friend in a few days.  WTF?

It's not just you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies! I feel less silly now!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• This has been the worst week for me also. I've been pretty good up until now but I think I'm just so tired that I can't handle much any more. I think its actually more so the exhaustion than the hormones that's getting to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"