2nd Trimester

Seriously? I thought the frequent peeing would STOP!??

Ok, a little annoying I know, but does anyone else have to pee EVERY time they move? My friends and mom, say things like, "well, every time I sat down/stood up, etc" With me though, I have to run to the bathroom every time I change positions. If I'm standing and sit...have to pee. If I'm sitting and I stand...have to pee. If I'm on my left side and I roll even a little...have to pee.

Just wondering if there is something I can do to help it? I'm doing my Kegels, at least it helps me not wet my pants 10 times a day, but is there anything else?

Thanks 

Re: Seriously? I thought the frequent peeing would STOP!??

• Sometimes I pee...and then still have to pee. :) Not sure what we can do about it except ask baby nicely to shift off our bladder!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Why would it stop? Your baby is going to continue to grow and put more pressure on your bladder as the weeks go on. As for how frequently you're peeing now, it sounds like maybe baby is right on the bladder. Nothing you can do though!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am peeing all the time as well. Getting kinda annoyed if you ask me.
  • Lol it gets worse not better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetaylorfriend:
    Lol it gets worse not better.

This.  And I'm sorry, but after baby, doesn't always improve as much as you would think...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Well, apparently I'm an anomaly, and I'm sure it won't last long, but for the last week (week 19), it has been better for me.  I have slept through the night the whole week and I haven't done that since about week 5.  I think sometimes if you move a little while you're still in the bathroom you can empty your bladder more than you thought you could.  If you really have to go every time you move, maybe you're starting to get a UTI...  If you suspect that at all, have them check, as it only gets worse.
  • I think the constant feeling of needing to pee is the very worst part of being pregnant for me after two babies. In fact, in labor with ds it was soooo bad (and this was during the thick.of heavy labor, maybe @7-8cm) that the nurses decided to bring me over a potty chair so i could attempt to pee without moving myself all the way to the bathroom (i did not want to.move an inch and i was not exactly rational either). I did not end up using it.............
  • Me too. I literally pee at least every hour during the night. Makes me need to sleep more b/c I'm not so rested. And I swear I pee like 6-7 times in an 8 hour  shift and I work at a job that that is not always the easiest thing to find time to do. But nowadays if it's the difference between peeing my pants or making someone wait 2 minutes for me to pee, I pee. Unless of course someone's dying(this is a possibility in my job) then I guess I'd just have to pee on myself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagepitterpatter129:

imagetaylorfriend:

This.  And I'm sorry, but after baby, doesn't always improve as much as you would think...

Yes   I mistakenly got on a trampoline a few months after DD was born.  I don't think I will ever do that again.

And I have noticed I am peeing excessively the last few days, so I know LO is on my bladder.  I really really wish he would find a different spot to sit.  I got up about 7 times last night.  

• imagetaylorfriend:

Yes

OP, you ain't seen nothin' yet. ;)

*Julie* Wife to Micheal and mama of 5, soon to be 6!* Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yep, everyone told me it would get better in the second trimester...no way! I also had a friend who had a baby a few months ago say "Girl, just wait! You'll get up 2-3 times during the night in the third trimester!" I was like..."Uh, I already do." Come on!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    awaiting audrey claire 3.13.13
  • I pee a little when I laugh, cough, sneeze etc, in addition to a million times/day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• A friend of mine says she pushes on her belly and it helps her to completely empty her bladder.  Me, I've had no such luck.  I pee all day long.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I go all the time, numerous time's at night.
  • I haven't gotten too bad yet but I do pee more often than I used to. The thing that really amazes me is the volume of pee that's coming out every 1-2 hours, it's like... where did all that come from?
  • I'm still peeing all the time too!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It only gets worse.

I feel like the bathroom trips have doubled in the past week or two and I've been told it only gets worse from here on out. The more your baby grows, the more pressure on your bladder, the more you have to go. Not to mention, since I am peeing what seems like 179 times a day, it's not always full. I feel like I'm about to BURST and then I pee a tablespoon worth, maybe two if I'm being generous. It's definitely annoying, but you had better get use to it now! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• You thought it would stop? Why would it stop?

I have to pee just about any time I think about it... so, thanks. ;) J/K. 

• Quick question: have you had a test recently for a UTI? Apparently when you are PG, it is easier to get one because urine gets trapped in the bladder and urethra due to the baby and the pressure there. 

Just in case this isn't just excessive peeing and your body punishing you, I would suggest asking for a urine analysis. I had a UTI early on in my pregnancy and had no symptoms of it whatsoever. A routine urine check caught it and once they put me on safe antibiotics, I then realized how frequently I was peeing. 

And if you are not doing this already, lean forward when you pee. It puts extra pressure down there to empty everything out... And without pushing it out. If you get my drift. It also helps avoid UTIs.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm in the exact same boat.  Everytime I get up from my desk I feel the urge, which is dozens of times a day.
  • Yep. My kid is sitting on my bladder so pretty much always having to pee. It's been this way for nearly the entire six months.
  • Hate to break it to you but it doesnt lol! What I have trained myself to do is to not wake up unless my bladder was abt to explode at night and during the day I incorporate potty breaks w my stretching/walking around 3ish hours. I am convinced this LO is stepping on my bladder on purpose bc they think its funny to see me run around like a crazy lady just to pee less than a tinkle lol
  • I have to somewhat limit the amount of water I drink during the day because I'm a teacher and teach on 90-minute blocks... so I can't get to the bathroom very often. It sucks. We gave the PLAN (pre-ACT) at school the other day, and I was trapped in the same room for almost four hours. Is that legal?!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • imagebrittandjp:

It only gets worse.

I feel like the bathroom trips have doubled in the past week or two and I've been told it only gets worse from here on out. The more your baby grows, the more pressure on your bladder, the more you have to go. Not to mention, since I am peeing what seems like 179 times a day, it's not always full. I feel like I'm about to BURST and then I pee a tablespoon worth, maybe two if I'm being generous. It's definitely annoying, but you had better get use to it now! :)

This is me. I feel like I totally have to go and then it's hardly any. I know I need to stay hydrated but it's hard enough peeing all the time as it is.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think there's anything that can be done... but I can sympathize! I don't think I have gone more than 3 minutes without peeing since before I even took the pregnancy test at 5 weeks, and it's actually starting to really mess with my sleep.

On top of that, although I adore our condo (DH has owned it since before we even met otherwise I might have had some input on this particular design flaw), the genius who built it decided that the only good place for bathrooms was the third floor?! 

Yeah. It's awesome when the pee urge strikes on the drive home from work and I get to sprint up all. those. stairs.  

It's going to be even better once the third trimester hits!  

• I'm pretty sure my little guy is going to be a black belt when he is born with all of the moves he is putting on my bladder!  Even my tried and true 'no drinking after 8 pm' rule that was perfect until about 2 weeks ago is out the window.  I am peeing 3-5 times per night again.  haha.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"