Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Recommend your swaddle

My LO has never liked being swaddled cause she's such a mover and a shaker!  However, we started swaddling about about 5 weeks and she's slept SO much better.  She was in the Swaddle Me, but I think she's outgrown it and I keep finding her with her arms out and she wakes herself up.  

Any suggestions for a swaddle for a bigger baby, around 14 lbs?  It seems like the Swaddle Me doesn't come in larger sizes!

Thanks! 

Re: Recommend your swaddle

• And of course, then a large Swaddle Me magically appears on Amazon.  My bad!

Still-is there a swaddle you like better?? 

• I watched HBOTB and that when I bought the miracle blankets. Swear by them! Only get the solid color ones though...no prints and not the ones that have the colored edges. They aren't as stretchy and they seem a little smaller.
    Need a good read? There's a new blogger in town... www.thepinningmama.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are using the large SwaddleMes!
  • Halo sleepsack for us. Really hard to wriggle out of and the option to swaddle arms out if that is what baby prefers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageoprastr:
    Halo sleepsack for us. Really hard to wriggle out of and the option to swaddle arms out if that is what baby prefers.

Yeah, this has been a lifesaver for us. Our little escape artist can still manage to get her hands out, but she's still wrapped enough that her arms can't flail. She's still in the newborn size but I already dread the day she grows out of the bigger one!
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Miracle blanket works great and LO cannot break free like all the Velcro style swaddlers. Best purchase we made!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use the Halo Sleep Sack.
    m/c 2013
  • Even though my daughter is probably half the size of your LO, she loves to be swaddled.  We use Aden & Anais muslin blankets, and we also have some Halo Sleepsack Swaddles for when she's a little older.  You can have them so their arms are in or out.  She's been swaddled since she was just an hour old and loves the comfort of it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Today is always fresh, with no mistakes in it--Anne Shirley, Anne of Green Gables
  • I found this link on Pinterest, https://barefootinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2008/01/lost-art-of-swaddling.html where they suggest just making your own out of a jersey knit fabric. Have also made out of cotton gauze. You can make them a bit bigger when you cut the fabric to size yourself, which is helpful if you have a LO with long, strong legs and arms, because they tend to break free of the smaller ones way too easy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My LO doesn't seem to like the swaddle me blankets and prefers sleep sacks instead that also swaddle. He'll fuss for a minute when we get him in it, but once he is rocked and sang to he usually falls asleep. I would recommend these instead of the swaddle me blankets.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We use the snug & tug swaddles for our 7 week old twins! Love them! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"