1st Trimester

What's your favorite pregnancy book?

Hello everyone!

After a hard battle with infertility, I got a positive beta test yesterday! I'm very cautious right now because I know it's early, but I wanted to start informing myself a bit more. Which pregnancy books can you recommend? My RE recommended What to Expect When You Are Expecting, but I now there are so many choices out there now.  What are you reading? 

Me: 29 DH: 30 TTC # 1 since 2008, in denial of needing an RE until 2012 DX with severe MFI, straight to IVF IVF #1 August 2012- stims 8/18, ER 8/28- 18R, 11M, 10F. 9/3 ET cancelled due to chronic OHSS. 6 awesome embies on ice! 9/27 FET Beta #1: 427-BFP!!! Beta #2: 856 First u/s 10/15: two sacs!! Ahh, twins!! imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: What's your favorite pregnancy book?

• I have read "The Mayo Clinic for a Healthy Pregnancy" and "The Whole Pregnancy Handbook" by Joel Evans. I preferred the Mayo Clinic one's organization, but I liked Whole Pregnancy one for its incorporation of traditional and alternative approaches to pregnancy and labor/delivery. I found it helpful in educating myself on all the approaches I might want to take.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
    My blog-The Wino That I Know
  • Go to Barnes n nobles if you have one.
    I've read them all. The one I have now is Pregnancy And Birth. It tells you everything. What to expect while expecting Is long and has a lot u don't need to read.
  • Loading the player...
  • Also pregnancy week by week. Is also good. There's a bung of books. But the bet the Would be to go to a big book store or library. They have good books there and you don't have to by them you could just sit and read.
    Congratulations on your baby!!!!! Best wishes
  • Last time I read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, The Panic Free Pregnancy and Hypnobirthing.  This time around....I have zero time to read.  What to Expect books were kind of boring to me.  I didn't make it through them really.  

Best of luck to you! 

Edit because eye kantspel gud 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats :) I'm reading the Mayo Clinic Guide to Pregnancy and What to Expect When Your Expecting. I just received a copy of Your Pregnancy & Childbirth (by The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists) but haven't started reading it yet. 

BFP #2: 08/23/12; EDD: 05/04/13 ~Please stick little one!!! DS born 05/09/13 at 40w5d

BFP #1: 05/05/12; EDD: 01/01/13; m/c: 05/21/12 ~Forever in our hearts~ 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary
  • wjvwjv member
    Pregnancy Day by Day!  A little pricey, but its awesome! It has an easy to read format and sort of reads like a magazine.  Has lots of pictures.  Check it out on Amazon.  Someone posted on the may board about it so I checked it out and ordered it.  Last pregnancy I read What to expect and pregnancy week by week.  I enjoy this one much better.  Also, I read You Having a Baby last time by Dr. Oz.  It was ok. 
    Anniversary Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"