Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Questions for Sleep Easy Mamas

I've read so many posts here from mamas doing the SleepEasy technique, so... I've bought the book on my kindle and plan to start reading this weekend. Your stories of success have been inspirational!

I don't plan to start the technique until 5 1/2m (2 weeks) but I am nervous as my LO has been nursed to sleep at night since he was a newborn. My lil guy knows that after bath and baby massage comes food and then sleep. 

Question for those moms doing the sleepeasy technique - what was your LO sleep pattern before doing this and how has your bedtime routine changed?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Questions for Sleep Easy Mamas

• My LO has had me up every hour to eat for the past 6 weeks, but he's never been a good sleeper, even before the hourly waking. He was really EATING too, not just comfort nursing, so I've been having to follow the weaning plan outlined in the book. I am trying to wean all but the 2:30 feeding halfway through the night. Our bedtime routine has not changed at all, other than when he nurses I pat him, tickle, jiggle, sing, whatever I have to do to keep him awake and not falling completely asleep at the breast. Then I try to get a burp out of him, put on his Magic Sleepsuit and cuddle a bit before I put him down in the crib. The key is to get him in a good drowsy but awake state when he goes down. We have only just completed night 2...you can follow my posts if you're interested in our progress.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejewinkel:

I've read so many posts here from mamas doing the SleepEasy technique, so... I've bought the book on my kindle and plan to start reading this weekend. Your stories of success have been inspirational!

I don't plan to start the technique until 5 1/2m (2 weeks) but I am nervous as my LO has been nursed to sleep at night since he was a newborn. My lil guy knows that after bath and baby massage comes food and then sleep. 

Question for those moms doing the sleepeasy technique - what was your LO sleep pattern before doing this and how has your bedtime routine changed?  

We had already started a bedtime routine of bath, storytime, cuddle then I would give him a bottle until he would pass out-before the Sleepeasy tech. Now, we still do pretty much the same routine, but the bottle comes before cuddle time so he's not eating his way to sleep. Like PP, I lay him down drowsy, but awake. 5 minutes of some fuss(the crying has stopped by night 4 of sleepeasy), then he falls asleep. No paci, no bottle. 

Before sleep easy, he would wake up 45 minutes after falling asleep, now he STTN. He also use to wake up every 1.5 hrs all night long,  wanting cuddled and or a bottle, but he would only eat 2oz at best when a normal feeding is 7oz, so I knew it was a comfort feeding, not a hunger thing. The first few nights of sleepeasy, he woke for that comfort bottle about 5 hrs into the night. I gave it, but following the next day, I would just up his feedings by an ounce each one and then he no longer required that MOTN bottle.  So we were able to eliminate that all together.

Naps before sleep training were hit or miss. Some days, he would take 2 1hr naps and a half hour nap...great! But other days, he would take 3 20 minute naps and that's it. Now, he takes a 2hr nap, then a 1 hour nap and a 30 minute late afternoon nap. bedtime is at 8:15 meaning he is in his crib at that time. We start our bedtime routine at 7:15 with the bath. He wakes up now between 7:00am and 8:00am like clockwork and his naps fall at the same times each day.10-12, 2-3 and 5:30-6pm. It definitely gave us more consistency. 

Hope this helps! 

• Loading the player...
  • Before doing Sleepeasy, we'd do bath, lotion and jammies, and then nurse to sleep. Now it's bath, lotion and jammies, white noise machine, and then nurse till drowsy and she goes into the sleep suit in her crib where she falls asleep on her own. I don't miss having to hold my breath and ease her out of my arms and into the Rock-N-Play, all while praying she didn't wake up. Putting her down drowsy, but awake is so much easier.
  • I am thinking about starting sleepeasy also, but haven't bought the book yet.  We do bath, nurse to sleep starting around 7:30, he's asleep by 8:30.  He's nursed to sleep for all naps to, which he's been pretty good at (3, sometimes 4, 45 minute naps/day).  I want to be able to get him to fall asleep on his own!  His 6 mo check up is this Friday so I want to talk about the best options with his pedi, but from everything I've been reading, this may be the best option for us.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"