Pre-School and Daycare

Fresh boy....

Overall DS is a good boy! He turned 3 in August but is getting fresh and not listening to me will listen to DH. I have to ask him to do something multiple times, he talks back, constantly tells me no. I reprimand him not to say no he go "uh uhhh" with a
tude.
Most days he will be fine but the last week has been tough. I don't want to spend my time with him, yelling.
Is this how 3 is gonna be? Any discipline pointers? I'm thinking of making a sticker chart for good behavior.....it worked for the potty
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Fresh boy....

• my best advice is to nip it in the bud early!!! If you think a sticker chart would work, then by all means, go for it!!!! GL! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Try pointing out the behavior and telling he is being rude by doing it. The correct way is...

I will ask DD to go put her shoes on. She will reply, "you go get my shoes." So I respond, "that's not a nice way to ask for things. If you need help, you should say, Mommy, I need help getting dressed, can you bring my shoes please." Then she repeats it.

my example is kinda corney, but its the first thing I thought of :) 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • imageldcoffel:

Try pointing out the behavior and telling he is being rude by doing it. The correct way is...

I will ask DD to go put her shoes on. She will reply, "you go get my shoes." So I respond, "that's not a nice way to ask for things. If you need help, you should say, Mommy, I need help getting dressed, can you bring my shoes please." Then she repeats it.

my example is kinda corney, but its the first thing I thought of :) 

This is how I handle just about every behavior issue in our house- tantrums, sass, arguing.  I would say, "I think you are telling me you would like some help.  What I am hearing is 'waaah.'  Try, Mommy will you please help me?"   Then I would interrupt a tantrum/sass by saing "MOMMY..." and they would stop.  Now all it takes is "Nope, try again."  For my kids, I felt like it is a short fuse, so if I cut them off to let them know I am listening and will make sure their needs are met, they can breathe, and focus.  It also gives them a graceful out from the ugly behavior, because once they commit to being defiant, they need a quick out or they will REALLY commit and then it's a battle of wills.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it's the age. DS is usually the sweetest boy in the world but when he decides to cop a 'tude it's really annoying.
  • Thanks you for the replies. I made a sticker chart on Sunday.....so far so good! Not nearly as bad as he's been.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"