Babies: 0 - 3 Months

bought BM bottles but not BF

I had plans of pumping and all but that didn't happen.  So I figured I have the Medela bottles, might as well use them. LO has some gas issues so I bought some Playtex bottles but those didn't seem to help.  I need to buy some more bottles for daycare/bigger bottles at some pt anyways.  I went to BRU and bought some of the 8oz Medela bottles.  I felt like moron for buying BM bottles and Im not even BF!  

But hey- whatever works right?!

Re: bought BM bottles but not BF

• I started w/ the medela bottles but switched because they don't have anything to help w/ gas.

We switched to the Similac simplysmart bottle, its made for formula mixing and it great w/ reducing gas bubbles

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Scarlet Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I bf but dont really like the medela bottles. We are using Tommee Tippee this time. Ds1 did best with Born Free.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • I occasionally used the medela bottles with DS1 after we switched to FF, but they weren't all that great because the cap didn't reach the tip of the nipple. You couldn't shake the bottle to mix the formula without making a mess in the cap. But a bottle is a bottle. Whatever your LO likes is what you should use!
  • Our DD prefers the Medela bottles over Dr. Brown's, Avent, and Tommee Tippee, so that's what we're sticking with.  She'll tolerate the Tippee's, but has a hard time and usually falls asleep while she's eating.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I pump while I'm at work using the Medela bottles and send DD to daycare with them but I've used them for formula as well and they seem to be fine. I like the Playtex nursers a lot better though for formula just because they'e a less hassle to clean.  I don't think it matters what bottles you use as long as they don't cause LO any discomfort.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"