1st Trimester

Not feeling preggo

Hi ladies. Hope all you ladies are doing well. Excited to be part of this community. So I'm sure this question gets asked a lot.... why don't I feel preggo? I had IUI on Sept 12, got a BFP on Sept 26, beta#1- 241, beta#2- 656, first U/S scheduled for next Monday, 10/8. I did have sore boobs and still do here and there. I feel bloated and very tired, but I'm going to bed very late and up early so it's hard to tell if it's that. This week is week 5 for me and I've read how most have morning sickness and feel sick.... I feel nothing. I'm just worried since I've had a MC in the past and I guess I'm extra concerned about it happening again. I know.... Its still very early in my pregnancy. Maybe I'll feel sick next week. LOL. (I'm nuts to want to feel sick, but it's kind of part of this miracle and I want to experience it all). Thanks for listening. Happy & Healthy 9 months to you all!
Married 11/28/01. Me: 31- Elevated FSH 9.1 Hubby: 35- Low sperm count/mobility/ RA meds. TTC since Oct 2010. BFP- Nov 2010, ended in MC Dec 2010. Laporoscopy for possbile ectopic/D&C. TTC again since March 2011- no success. Fertility Dr- May 2012. Lots of B/W, HSG, Laporoscopy. All came back normal. Determined it was a male factor. IUI#1- Sept 2012. Clomid, 2 shots of Bravelle, 1 trigger shot of Ovidrel and daily progetrone suppositories. 4 Follicles,3 good ones, 1 small one. TWW.

Re: Not feeling preggo

• I didn't feel anything until around week 7. My morning sickness isn't really much more than an upset stomach feeling.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Every woman experiences pregnancy differently.  The bloating is normal, tiredness is very normal and sore boobs are par for the course.  I didn't start feeling nausea until I was 5 and a half weeks and in that case it was mainly in the evening/nighttime (sometimes in the morning but not that often).  It only lasted for about 2 or 2 and a half weeks but the tiredness I have had all along.  I am also hungry as a horse and find myself eating every two hours or so.

My sister, who is now 15 weeks along, has felt nausea since day one and still has it. She also has very sore boobs and extreme tiredness. 

I think that you should just listen to your body and if you have any concerns, talk to your doctor or ob/gyn to put your mind at ease.

Wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months too! 

IVF# 1 with ICSI 05/02/2012 - Husband had surgery 07/13/2012 - Started BCP 07/31/2012 - Stopped BCP 08/02/2012 - Little Friend came and had trand vag echo and blood test 08/03/2012 - started Puregon 250UI a day 08/10/2012 - blood test and transvag echo. Continued with Puregon, added Orgalutron and Menopur 08/12/2012 - did regular meds in morn, Pregnyl trigger shot at 930pm 08/14/2012 - ER with only a shot of anesthetic to my whoha - OUCH -next time i will ask for general. They were only able to get at one ovary because the other is located too close to my intestines. 08/17/2012 - ET of 2 Grade A emryos. Dr said only two really good ones were available and if the others make it to blastocyst stage. 08/27/2012 - No call from doctor so we can assume nothing to freeze. 08/31/2012 - Beta #1 286.2 - I am pregnant! Doctor is not doing a second Beta 09/1472012 - Saw babys heart flutter Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemartysday21:
    Hi ladies. Hope all you ladies are doing well. Excited to be part of this community. So I'm sure this question gets asked a lot.... why don't I feel preggo? I had IUI on Sept 12, got a BFP on Sept 26, beta#1- 241, beta#2- 656, first U/S scheduled for next Monday, 10/8. I did have sore boobs and still do here and there. I feel bloated and very tired, but I'm going to bed very late and up early so it's hard to tell if it's that. This week is week 5 for me and I've read how most have morning sickness and feel sick.... I feel nothing. I'm just worried since I've had a MC in the past and I guess I'm extra concerned about it happening again. I know.... Its still very early in my pregnancy. Maybe I'll feel sick next week. LOL. (I'm nuts to want to feel sick, but it's kind of part of this miracle and I want to experience it all). Thanks for listening. Happy & Healthy 9 months to you all!

Lurking from second trimester :)

I know how you feel. I miscarried with my first pregnancy. This pregnancy has been a breeze. The only pregnancy syptom I had in my first trimester was that I was constantly exhausted. I had no morning sickness, bleeding or anything like that. Some ladies are just lucky and do not experience any of that. Every pregnancy is different. Just enjoy the ride.

• I felt the same way at 5 weeks ---nature is just being kind to you.  Enjoy if you can.  Once you have your 7 week ultrasound everything will feel more real for you.  Hang in there.  I felt the exact same way!!!!
  • I didnt feel any different until week 7 or 8. Then all hell broke loose. my sister didnt feel pregnant until she was 3 months along. Everyone is different. Congrats and good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Im 6.5 weeks and other than bigger and very sore boobs, mood swings and exhaustion I dont feel pregnant. My other 2 pregnancies Ive been so sick with m/ s I needed Iv's. This one I have had short spells of  m/s and thats it. Its so strange and weird, I almost forget Im pregnant until I almost rip my Dh head off for breathing to loud :)
    Married my very own GI Joe May 2002

BFP May 2002  NMC June 2002
    BFP September 2002 ID twins born April 2003 @ 35 weeks
    BFP September 2007 DD born May 2008
    BFP August 2012 MC October 2012
    BFP January 2012 DD October 2013

I MISS MY TICKER :(

• I understand how you feel.  I felt that way with my first pregnancy.  I never really felt pregnant.  I guess I complained about that too much because this time, it is a completely different story.  I am sick every single day.  I can't keep anything down.  I am now 4 pounds down in the past two weeks.  I pray that it continues to go well for you and hopefully, it will get better for me too.
    ~~~~~The Real Mrs. Simes~~~~~ BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • What To Expect says that most symptoms start at around 6 weeks (and that's been true for me last time), but I totally feel your frustration.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I know exactly how you are feeling - sometimes I just wish I had a bit of m/s to know something was happening.  I am 5.5 weeks and do have sore boobs a bit but nothing like some people describe.  I started getting a headache today but that might be the weather or the fact that I kicked my Diet Pepsi habit a week ago.  I'd like the reassurance that something is going on as well but remember what everyone says - every body is different.  You're just lucky :)
  • I've been through stages of feeling very pregnant, then not pregnant at all. 

Some days my boobs hurt like heck, others they feel fine. At 3 weeks I was nauseous for days, by 4.5 weeks I have nothing. 

All of this has added up to a fair bit of worry for me as I miscarried my last pregnancy and my first sign of things going wrong was the disappearing symptoms.

Now I think it's just all the different changes and each symptom changes as different things are happening in my body. I had a lot of cramping and some bleeding at implantation so I guess my body reacted to our baby bedding in, more than it has since it got comfortable ; ) 

Isn't it odd how we actually look forward to feeling a bit grotty? Just makes you feel more like you are brewing a happy healthy baby somehow.  

TTC Since March 2010 - 2 angel babies - BFP December 12 EDD 12 Aug 13 Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • First: morning sickness is NOT the only pregnancy symptom that counts. Feeling tired, having sore boobs, etc. are all definitely symptoms.

That said, 5 weeks is super early for most symptoms. Morning sickness typically doesn't kick in until week 6-7 for most women (though it can happen earlier). I had horrible M/S with DD and some M/S with this one but neither started until 6.5 weeks. Just enjoy feeling good while it lasts!

Congrats btw!!

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I totally know how you feel.  I had a loss before this pregnancy and was so stressed out in those early weeks because I had yet to feel anything different.  Well as you can see from my ticker, I am 20 weeks now and still never had any morning sickness or nausea.  I know its hard not to worry but I say try hard to just relax and enjoy feeling great while it lasts!  Best of luck to you!!!

• first off we are twins in pregnancy so far! I had my IUI on the same date and my BFP on the same date and my beta numbers are similar to yours... I also had sore books during week 4 and now that has really become very minor. Plus I have also had a previous loss....

second I will say I called my dr freaking out that my boobs weren't hurting and I wasn't cramping as much. The nurse was super nice and said I was lucky :) she said some symptoms may come and go.

third join the June 2013 board! so i can follow along with you since we are twinsies... :)

TTC since 03/2011
    BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
    IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
    BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
    Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
    Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm coming up on 11 weeks this weekend and I have to say that I haven't really horrible much at all. My boobs hurt but that seems to be getting better and I had about 2 weeks where I couldn't really stand the thought of meat, but I didn't really get sick. All in all, besides the boobs and very occasional food issues, I wouldn't know I was pregnant if I didnt see it with my own two eyes (and ears!). Just consider yourself lucky.....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's still early for morning sickness, and some women don't get it at all. Relax, you're fine.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • imageBeccabby:
    Im 6.5 weeks and other than bigger and very sore boobs, mood swings and exhaustion I dont feel pregnant. My other 2 pregnancies Ive been so sick with m/ s I needed Iv's. This one I have had short spells of  m/s and thats it. Its so strange and weird, I almost forget Im pregnant until I almost rip my Dh head off for breathing to loud :)

This. I'm 7w3d and I also don't feel pregnant at all. My sore boobs already went up 1 cup size, so I guess that's a symptom. But no nausea (other than when I'm really hungry), fatigue, crazy food cravings or any other common pregnancy symptom. It's kind of making me nervous, but I'm trying to stay calm and positive until my first appt at 10 weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yippee!!!!! Congrats to you as well. Wow!!! We are twinsies! I'll join that board. Thanks. Thank you all for the comforting comments. We have our first U/S on Monday. 4 more days! I'm really praying that our little bean sticks and grows into a healthy baby. Best wishes to you all.
    Married 11/28/01. Me: 31- Elevated FSH 9.1 Hubby: 35- Low sperm count/mobility/ RA meds. TTC since Oct 2010. BFP- Nov 2010, ended in MC Dec 2010. Laporoscopy for possbile ectopic/D&C. TTC again since March 2011- no success. Fertility Dr- May 2012. Lots of B/W, HSG, Laporoscopy. All came back normal. Determined it was a male factor. IUI#1- Sept 2012. Clomid, 2 shots of Bravelle, 1 trigger shot of Ovidrel and daily progetrone suppositories. 4 Follicles,3 good ones, 1 small one. TWW.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"