November 2012 Moms

BRU Completion Coupon...

...is such a joke!  Some of the STMs said it's worth registering at BRU for the "awesome" completion coupon.  15% off is not that awesome!  I'm so disappointed!

Re: BRU Completion Coupon...

• Mine was for 15% off $100 or more
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Depending on what you need on your registry and if you've had a shower yet (if you're having one), their online sale right now is a better deal!  It's 20% off a $150 online purchase with free shipping.  It doesn't include everything (I had to go in store to get my carseat with a 20% off in store coupon I had, and I decided to get my swing on Amazon because that didn't count either), but it included a whole lot of the small to medium things on my registry, so I "completed" mine that way instead!
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Loading the player...
  • imageWVUPetunia:
    Depending on what you need on your registry and if you've had a shower yet (if you're having one), their online sale right now is a better deal!  It's 20% off a $150 online purchase with free shipping.  It doesn't include everything (I had to go in store to get my carseat with a 20% off in store coupon I had, and I decided to get my swing on Amazon because that didn't count either), but it included a whole lot of the small to medium things on my registry, so I "completed" mine that way instead!

Exactly!  The online sales and coupons they send are better than this crap!  I only have 2-3 things left on my registry after my first shower, and nothing is really necessary - it's just 'for fun' stuff.

I'm just really disappointed in this supposedly great completion coupon. 

• I find the timing of it really annoying.  If it's stuff I actually need, I need to buy it in advance, not when labor is literally pending or after the baby has arrived.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, that's a bummer. :(  I just moved my big stuff over to my Amazon registry (because almost all of the prices are lower over there anyway) and used my stack of BRU gift cards to get the other stuff online...  I haven't even gotten my completion coupon for BRU yet, but I figured it wouldn't be as good as the deals I'd get on Amazon on my big stuff...  That's pretty bad, though!  Worse than I would have thought.  I think the minimum purchase is what makes it completely ridiculous.
  • I also wonder why a PP only has to spend $100...  I wonder what kind of formula they're using to determine who has to spend what, or if it is regional or what...
  • Most people gave me their coupons from BRU (because they print a million with your receipt every time you shop there) with the shower gift, most of the were 20% off so I used those to finish what I needed on my registry.
  • Most people gave me their coupons from BRU (because they print a million with your receipt every time you shop there) with the shower gift, most of them were 20% off so I used those to finish what I needed on my registry.
  • BRU called me yesterday and left a voicemail that my 10percent completion coupon was on its way. Booo
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageCurlyQ284:
    BRU called me yesterday and left a voicemail that my 10percent completion coupon was on its way. Booo

10%?!?  What a freakin' joke!  Nope.  Totally NOT WORTH doing a registry at BRU.   

• imageWVUPetunia:
    Yeah, that's a bummer. :(  I just moved my big stuff over to my Amazon registry (because almost all of the prices are lower over there anyway) and used my stack of BRU gift cards to get the other stuff online...  I haven't even gotten my completion coupon for BRU yet, but I figured it wouldn't be as good as the deals I'd get on Amazon on my big stuff...  That's pretty bad, though!  Worse than I would have thought.  I think the minimum purchase is what makes it completely ridiculous.

The minimum purchase is very absurd.  Especially since there is a total of $65 worth of merchandise left on my registry anyway. 

• As far as registry completions go, 15% is good. Buy Buy Baby sent me a 10% completion coupon- but they mail me 20% off coupons what seems like every week (and you can use Bed, Bath and Beyond 20% coupons there too) so I won't be using the completion discount until my coupons run out (if they run out!). I certainly don't mind making individual purchases to save more money!

I agree the discount isn't great, but 15% is better than 10% so maybe that's what the big fuss is about BRU. I will say I'm confused because I have seen/heard that BRU gives some people a 15% completion discount and gives others 10% instead. Not sure how that works, but if I get the 10% I will most definitely be fighting it.

For now though, I'll just continue to use coupons. I can't see how they think it makes sense to offer bigger discounts in coupon form than for finishing your registry.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Man that sucks... Mine was for 15% off of $100... Still not amazing but I was already planning to get the stuff there anyways...

BabyName Ticker
  • I guess the only thing that is slightly exciting is that there are no exclusions. The only thing is if you can add additional things to the registry now so those are included?
    party-fails-crunk-critters-catnips-a-hell-of-a-drug Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker (formerly TTGP poster abfromva)
  • imageabfromva2:
    I guess the only thing that is slightly exciting is that there are no exclusions. The only thing is if you can add additional things to the registry now so those are included?

I don't know, but I have about 10 20% off coupons given to me by friends or sent to me in the mail.  I only have about $65 worth of merchandise left on my registry (we bought all of the big stuff and necessities awhile ago).  So 15% off of $200 does me no good whatsoever! 

• Hmmm that's odd, I just looked at my completion coupon and it said 15% off your remaining registry items - now with no exclusions.  I don't have a minimum purchase price on mine.  You would think it would be the same throughout all the stores.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • The only time I ever get BRU coupons is if I buy something in store. I NEVER have received one in the mail yet and I registered back in July. After my shower, I got my completion coupon and it says "save 10% on remaining baby registry items--now with no exclusions."
  • So weird...mine was for 10% with no min purchase and no exclusions. Why aren't the coupons the same nationwide? Wtf.  

However you CAN use it in conjunction with the 20% coupons! The girl let me do it, so either that's their policy or maybe she just didn't care...lol. I would definitely bring your completion coupon and your other coupons, we bought our travel system, convertible car seat and the monitor and that did help to get another 10 percent off those large ticket items. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How weird, my BRU coupon has no minimum purchase amount, just 15% off with no restrictions.  I know some people only get 10% off, I think the 15% is if there's a BBB in the area.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"