April 2011 Moms

Missed opportunity ?

When DS was born I totally meant to have announcements done. I had the pic chosen and edited. I had the layout and font chosen. I had bought the paper to print them. And then I wandered off on the work part haha. Somehow it just vanished from my memory

Now that I am expecting 2 I would like to do an announcement for this one but i really want to try to do the same things for all of our children. I wish I had done the ones for DS at the time : I feel really sucky about it!

So here is my question. Is it super awkward to put the intended announcement for DS in with the announcement for the new baby? They will mostly go to immediate family who like pictures etc or should I jus give it up and not do one this time either?

Re: Missed opportunity ?

• Perhaps a great way to include DS is to have DS in the photo with #2. Like those sweet photos of siblings holding or kissing each other. And the announcement could be from DS#1.

Alternately, you can do a card-style announcement with a photo of DS #1 on the front and #2 on the inside and the text could read something like, "First came DS and we're blessed to welcome with love #2. Or something like that. ;)

TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• imagevilaro:

Perhaps a great way to include DS is to have DS in the photo with #2. Like those sweet photos of siblings holding or kissing each other. And the announcement could be from DS#1.

Alternately, you can do a card-style announcement with a photo of DS #1 on the front and #2 on the inside and the text could read something like, "First came DS and we're blessed to welcome with love #2. Or something like that. ;)

These are great ideas. I do think you missed the opportunity to send those original announcements, though.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • Also, if you really want to do DS#1's announcement still, maybe you can just make one for his baby book or something.
  • I think the opportunity is missed. I like the PP suggestion with big bro and baby in a pic together.

BTW-congrats!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love the idea of a picture of the two of them, maybe caption it "Twice as much fun." Or if you are more sentimental, "Double the love." 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagevilaro:

Perhaps a great way to include DS is to have DS in the photo with #2. Like those sweet photos of siblings holding or kissing each other. And the announcement could be from DS#1.

definitely awesome ideas! I didnt do the announcement thing with my son. But then, i facebook everything, so, they already knew he was here long before i was able to get to a computer. Plus, having a surprise c-section, I was in no mood or shape to deal with making them. I have what feels like a million pics on fb to more than make up for it.

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"