February 2013 Moms

The name game!

I thought we were decided, but I guess not!

Which do you like better, and if you don't mind saying -- why?

[poll]

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)

Re: The name game!

• I think I like Scarlett better because I can picture it being the name of a girl or woman.  I only picture Camilla as the name of an older woman for some reason.  Just my weird reasoning...
  • Not quite sure what my reasoning, but I absolutely LOVE the name Scarlett, and it's been denied multiple times by DH, so I think somebody should use it :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Scarlett seems too old lady to me and too Gone with the Wind. Camilla makes me think of a young innocent girl in a book who's polite and good mannered as well as being the most helpful person in the story.
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • i know 2 cute Scarlett's! go for it!
  • I voted on the Baby Names board, but I'll also comment here. Scarlett sounds harsh to me. I think it's the hard "c" and "t" sounds combined. I can't think of any cute nn's for Scarlett, but there are some for Camilla (Cammie, Millie, etc.). If nn's don't matter to you, I guess it's not an issue, but I much prefer Camilla over Scarlett. It is much prettier IMO.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• I almost voted Camilla, but changed to Scarlett. You just don't see that name very often anymore and it's so pretty. 

I actually had a Camilla in my class last year, and I still have a Camille in my class this year. I don't dislike the names, but I will say I was always forgetting whether their names were Camille or Camilla, lol. That could be because I had them at the same time (in separate classes). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • I like the nn Cami, so Camilla is my choice.  One of my options was Camille, for the same reason, but H nixed it.

• I like the nns Cami and Millie and I think Camilla is classic. Scarlett is nice too, I've known a couple of Scarletts and they were nice. I've never known a Camilla though I've known of them so to me the name is less common. I just like Camilla better. Maybe its the harsh sounds theory or the sweet, helpful heroine theory like PPs suggested but I just prefer Camilla...
  • I like Scarlett a lot!  We have been considering using it as a middle name.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Tickerimage
  • I voted Scarlett - it's pretty & has personality, while Camilla makes me think prim, proper, mild-mannered & like others said, older. However, if you were considering Camille instead, it would make a difference. It's still kinda prim & proper, but I'm partial to it because I have a relative with that name. I do like that you can shorten it to Cami...
    My Mommy (to be) Blog: http://maitrimama.blogspot.com BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I voted for Scarlett because Camilla reminds me of the annoying girl on the Real World/Road Rules Challenge. I realize this is a ridiculous reason, but is still nonetheless, my reason.
    BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"