Food Allergy

Gluten free

Hey ladies, for those of you who eat gluten free...what is good?! I bought brown rice bread but I'm nervous to try it...it doesn't sound so good. That's safe during pregnancy right?? This gluten limiting thing is really hard!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gluten free

• I have been gluten free for almost 3 years now, and bread is the thing I struggle with the most. I have yet to find a GF bread I really like. :/ The closest I can get to something I like (but it's very dense, not "spongy" like regular bread) is Gluten Free Pantry's French Bread and Pizza Mix.

Being gluten-free can be a challenge, but it's gotten easier with time. Good luck!

Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Thank you so much! I will have to try and find that! :):)
  • Loading the player...
  • The first time you try it toast it! Or make french toast or something like that where you cook it. It'll be easier to get used to. It's dry and not at all like a good loaf of bread, but if it doesn't make you sick it is worth it!! Try toasting it and putting jelly or butter and honey on it!!
  • Try Udi's bread.  That is pretty good, also look into the really great food company, they have really good mixes
  • imagetampacop:
    Try Udi's bread.  That is pretty good, also look into the really great food company, they have really good mixes

This.There is also Rudi's. Both have cinnamon raisin breads.

Also, Food for life has a whole bunch of different ones, I like the China Black Rice. Must be toasted, though.They also have brown rice tortillas.

There are a ton of good stuff out there.Do you have Whole Foods near you?Or check Amazon, they have a major gluten free selection, all with reviews. GL.

• My son likes the brown rice bread but he is also 3.  I think the brown rice pasta tastes the same and spaghetti squash is really good too.  I make bread with gluten free mixes.  Also pancakes, pizza crust and I made donuts the other day that were amazing!!  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Rudi's original brand (when toasted) tastes really good to me. Another brand is schar, but only the deli style, not the sandwich style- unfortunately the schar deli style only comes with 5 slices in it and it is very expensive =( but well worth it for a delicious sandwich! 

the key to gf bread is to toast it - never try it untoasted or you will regret it! 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"