Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

on the go lunch

We are going to the zoo tomorrow (fingers crossed it doesn't rain). We are packing lunches instead of going broke and eatting there. Any suggestions for food to take for a 1 year old that doesn't need heated up. She isn't baby food, normally just eats whatever we eat. So far I was thinking gold fish and oranges.
image  image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: on the go lunch

• Our go to on the go lunch is pb&j. Also, some peas or maybe another veggie or fruit.
  • I've packed...

Cut up veggie patties
    Almond butter sandwiches
    Goat cheese and apples
    Goat cheese with crackers
    Veggies with hummus or cooked in adobo sauce
    Yogurt
    Fruit

Have fun!

• Loading the player...
  • A banana, string cheese, Special K or granola bar, and fruit cup are our go to meals on the go.
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • PBJ is usually our go to "on the go"
    I alway peanut butter both sides of bread so jelly doesn't soak through.
    Ham and cheese. On bread or not, maybe bring crackers like a lunchable.
    Grapes.
    Graham crackers
    String cheese
    Gogurt. Would put in freezer over night.
    Have fun
  • Frozen veggies (they thaw by the time you need to eat them), frozen go-gurt (same thing, they slowly thaw but are usually still cold), fruit cups, string cheese, gold fish, apple slices, pretzels. Also, we stuff the stroller with bottles of water, they kill you at the zoo, etc when you have to pay for drinks! Have fun!!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We went  to the zoo on Thursday for DD'd birthday and we just brought a banana and some cheerios and goldfish for her. DH and I bought lunch there for ourselves and I couldn't believe how expensive it was!!! I got chicken fingers and DH got a cheeseburger both were combo meals that came with fries and a drink and seriously it cost $19.71! I guess they didn't make enough off of our $18 tickets to get in per person (DD was free of course) and $12 parking. Unbelievable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!
  • For on the go meals, I  pack cheese sticks, bananas, blueberries, Annies cheddar bunnies.i like single serve fruit cups.  I have also been buying Chobani Champions single serve yogurts. I have a small lunchbox with a freezer pack to keep things like the cheese, yogurt, fruit and water cold.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My go-to's are cheese strings, crackers, sliced peppers, oranges, bananas, and yogurt tubes.  Any of those would work well for the zoo.
  • whenever we go to the zoo I take the frozen uncrustable PB&J bc it thaws by the time she's ready and it's already packaged, easy easy. Also those applesauce pouches and cheese stick. done and done.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Take a regular yogurt cup and stick a straw through the lid.

Instant on the go, no mess smoothie.

My LO loves it.

• imagedairygirl19:

Take a regular yogurt cup and stick a straw through the lid.

Instant on the go, no mess smoothie.

My LO loves it.

i like this! Great idea! 

Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • imageCLL1001:
    I guess they didn't make enough off of our $18 tickets to get in per person (DD was free of course) and $12 parking. Unbelievable.

Wow!  We are so blessed in OKC--our zoo is $8/person (under 3 free) and parking is free. The new children's zoo is a blast.

For lunches, I take a pouch of veggies/fruit combo, and a cold pack containing cheese, shredded chicken, bread, etc. Basically a deconstructed sandwich. Usually a container of mandarin oranges as well.

For snacks, I pack Earth's Best pop snax.  I know everyone else mentioned goldfish, but I don't buy them. Not enough nutritional value.

• fruit cups are awesome, cheese, crackers, cups of applesauce, our daughter loves ham, cookies, baby food pouches, yogurt, DD loves pretzels and potato chips
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"