2nd Trimester

Anterior placenta ladies question..

I found out after asking at my A/S that I have an anterior placenta. My question is as you get further along do the kicks get harder or do they always stayed "softened" by the placenta. Also does it stay anterior the whole pregnancy sorry if thats a dumb question I'm 19 wks and movement is so much less than with my DS.

Re: Anterior placenta ladies question..

• Sorry no punctuation, does the iPhone take it all out?
  • At 26weeks it feels like my LO never stops moving! The kicks definitely get stronger.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an AP with my first pregnancy, and although I didn't feel movements as early as other women the movements definitely got stronger after the 28th week or so. With this pregnancy, I have a posterior placenta and I felt the baby move at 15 weeks. Movements this time are so much harder. And the placenta is attached to the uterine wall so although it can move upward as the uterus enlarges, it cannot switch from front to back. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Actually at my last ultrasound the girl said that it can switch positions by the end... I have an ap and have been noticing more now at almost 22weeks but am hoping it keeps coming on stronger!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had an AP with my first too. I remember asking stupidly at 19 weeks when I was supposed to feel the baby move. My jerk of an OB said something like "You don't? There's probably something wrong. We should do an ultrasound." We had the ultrasound the next day and baby was fine. I started feeling him move the next day. The movements got stronger and stronger as he got bigger and stronger. Oh and I switched OBs after that.
  • At around 16 weeks I began to feel slight movements, but wasn't sure what it was. At 18 weeks I went for an U/S and was able to see baby move on the screen and how it corresponded to how I was feeling. The past week I have been feeling baby a lot. I have an anterior placenta as well. My friend had one with her baby and said she didn't feel him at all until 35 weeks. I think everyone is a little different and it must depend on the position of baby as well. I mostly feel her in the lower part of my abdomen, so my placenta must be up a little higher.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just found out today that mine is anterior as well. I was worried about the lack of movement! my OB said as the baby grows longer and upward that the kicks should be felt more to the sides and upward and the movement will feel "normal" then. I can't wait!
    imageimage imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Thanks ladies. I just loved feeling all the movement with my son and was feeling sad that I might not feel all that again. I guess there is still time :
  • imageAnne Mommy:
    I had an AP with my first too. I remember asking stupidly at 19 weeks when I was supposed to feel the baby move. My jerk of an OB said something like "You don't? There's probably something wrong. We should do an ultrasound." We had the ultrasound the next day and baby was fine. I started feeling him move the next day. The movements got stronger and stronger as he got bigger and stronger. Oh and I switched OBs after that.

What a jerk! Glad you switched
  • My belly is bumping all over the place! :) as your uterus gets bigger the placenta stays mostly the same size and therefore there is more surface area for baby to kick but baby also gets stronger and bigger. Try flicking your leg and then punching it. Don't worry you will start feeling more.
  • I'm 29 weeks now and found out I had an anterior placenta during my 19-week ultrasound.  It was a little upsetting because I couldn't feel her move as much, and it took DH longer to feel her kick.  Now, though, she's like a wild animal. You'll definitely start feeling your LO as s/he grows bigger and gets stronger!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have an anterior placenta and began feeling movement more around 22 weeks. I never felt any of the "flutters" that my friends had described, these are full on "thumps"!

My OB said that the placenta can definitely move. I know it's hard to wait, but you will be able to feel movement once the LO gets a little bigger. 

• So my placenta is also anterior and my OB had an anterior placenta as well with her 3rd. She told me she didn't start feeling constant movement until 25 weeks. I'm 22 weeks and when I lie down I almost always feel flutters way, way, wayyyyyyyyy low. Or occasionally on the sides of my abdomen. 

If you knew how lonely my life has been And how long I've been so alone And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along And change my life the way you've done

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

pregnancy

Anniversary
  • I have an ap and started feeling movement at 22 weeks. The ultrasound tech told me at my 20 week appt that it would take longer to feel kicks since the baby had to work through so much for me to feel it. I surprised to feel it at 22 weeks. Some days I get a really strong one and my DH has even felt him a few times now. I cant wait for the kicks to get really strong. 

Don't stress, it will come. It just takes a little longer for us to fee it.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"