Parenting

Anyone else find the Cat in the Hat Creepy?

Whenever I've read Cat in the Hat to DS, I never liked the line "your mother won't mind if you do", when he's trying to convince the kids to let him in, etc Hmm

Re: Anyone else find the Cat in the Hat Creepy?

• imageAshPal61:
    Yea, definitely get the creeper vibe from that damn cat.

Now there is a cartoon of the Cat in the Hat, and whenever I hear him say out loud "your mother won't mind if you do".....I shudder a little. LOL It sounds so creepy - especially because he's usually trying to entice the kids to go somewhere with him. However, I do like how in the cartoon the kids actually ask their mother (unlike in the book where she's not around).

• I LOATHE the Cat in the Hat.  Loathe.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • imageManneek1977:

imageAshPal61:
    Yea, definitely get the creeper vibe from that damn cat.

Now there is a cartoon of the Cat in the Hat, and whenever I hear him say out loud "your mother won't mind if you do".....I shudder a little. LOL It sounds so creepy - especially because he's usually trying to entice the kids to go somewhere with him. However, I do like how in the cartoon the kids actually ask their mother (unlike in the book where she's not around).

Yeah DH's response the other day when the Mom was like "Sure go to the forest of zim zaminy do, and have fun"  was like "Really?  Awesome parenting mom."  I just laughted at him.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• He says that in every episode of the cartoon on pbs kids! After he says it, the kids always run and ask their mom if they can go do whatever, and the mom always says ok. So I guess they play it off like you should always ask your parents before you runoff.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Did you know that the cat in the hat is voiced by martin short? That makes it less creepy to me. I love him, especially as Franc in Father of the Bride movies.
  • imageLittledeer84:
    Did you know that the cat in the hat is voiced by martin short? That makes it less creepy to me. I love him, especially as Franc in Father of the Bride movies.

You are obviously not old enough to remember him on SNL.  Many of his characters on there are super creepy. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagevanverth:

imageLittledeer84:
    Did you know that the cat in the hat is voiced by martin short? That makes it less creepy to me. I love him, especially as Franc in Father of the Bride movies.

You are obviously not old enough to remember him on SNL.  Many of his characters on there are super creepy. 

I know he was on SNL, but am not familiar with his characters. I associate him with Captain Ron more than SNL.
  • We have Dr. Suess flash cards and DD always points to some "thing" and then looks at me to tell her what it is and I have no idea....I just name an animal it might look similar to.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Embarrassed

imageEVA116:
    We have Dr. Suess flash cards and DD always points to some "thing" and then looks at me to tell her what it is and I have no idea....I just name an animal it might look similar to.

Yeah we have been reading Cat in the Hat and every time we do our exchange goes like this:

Charlotte:  (pointing at Thing 1 and Thing 2)  What's that? 

Me: Thing 1

Charlotte: (shakes her head and points again) What's that?

Me: Thing 1

Charlotte (again shaking her head at me, and now patting my face, to get me to pay attention I think) What's that?

She's having a hard time grasping that their names are in fact Thing 1 or 2.  I think she thinks I stupid.  Embarrassed

• I always thought the Cat was the imaginary friend of the kids, the "devil on the shoulder" if you must who appeared when they were bored and wanting to get into trouble. And on the show when they ask permission to go to whatever place the mom just laughs because she thinks her kids are just being silly/imaginative so she goes along with it. 

No? lol 

• I hate that on the cartoon the kids always ask their mom to go to some crazy sounding place with a cat and the mom always agrees.  Not cool mom. Not cool.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"