Late Term and Child Loss

Loss of a Twin

Hi guys,

This is my first pregnancy, I just found out yesterday (21 weeks pregnant) that I lost one of my fraternal twin boys. I had no symptoms or anything, so this was pure shock. (My last appointment was 2 weeks ago, and everything was looking great). They found no heart beat and no movement. I am feeling a lot of mixed emotions. I am very upset over the loss, yet thankful that I still have one healthy baby, but nervous that the same will happen to him. The doctors had no explanation for what happened and why..They checked his placenta and everything looked healthy. I have heard that this happens alot.. It is just very hard to deal with.. Has anyone ever gone through the same, or have any advise for coping? Sad

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Loss of a Twin

• I'm so sorry for the loss of one of your babies. Try and take it easy on yourself so you don't cause yourself to go in to pre term labor. As hard as it is to do just try and and be positive and have hope for your remaining twin. I really don't have any advice on how to cope. I know some of the ladies here have turned to reading books etc. I just try and deal with it day to day. I wish you the best.
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your boy. It must be terribly difficult to grieve the loss of your son while feeling both joy and fear for your other son. My daughter was a single but I believe there are one or two moms of surviving twins on this board who might be able to offer you some comfort. I also suggest you visit us over on 'Pregnant after a Loss' to hopefully find support during the rest of your pregnancy.

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  We do have a couple pf mama's here thay have neen right in your shoes.  Huge hugs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • (((Huge hugs))) I am so very sorry for your loss of your son.
    Tim 12/30/00 Brad 4/30/02 Alex 9/29/03 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • So sorry for your loss and big hugs to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I lost one of my twins.  My son is now 6 but we lost his sister.  I had a hard time because everyone told me I shouldn't grieve because I still had a healthy baby and needed to focus on getting him born healthy. I wish I had a board like this when I lost her, I think I could have grieved her. Instead of grieving then I held it in and dealt with it last fall when I lost another baby girl.  

I suggest being gentle with yourself, both emotionally and physically, and allow yourself to feel what you feel.  Be happy about your living baby and take care of yourself but do allow yourself to heal.  Unfortunately, you still have a rough road ahead of you but leaning on the people around you and the ladies on this board will be helpful.

Please feel free to PM me if you want to chat about it.  I would love to help you in any way I can. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• My situation is different - I lost both my twins last pregnancy and then this pregnancy I found out at 10.5 weeks that I had lost one. I am now 25 weeks and the other baby is doing just fine.

I am so very sorry for your loss.  ((hugs))

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • ***Siggy warning***

I am so sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"