Nurseries and Baby Gear

Deciding between 2 very different strollers...

I've wanted an UPPAbaby Vista forever. My first children were twins, so it was out of the question that time and now that I'm pregnant again I've been dead set on getting one for this baby. As much as I'm in love with this stroller, I have some doubts. One, we live in the suburbs and are highly car dependent. I have a large SUV, but now that I'm moving my older kids to the 3rd row, trunk space will be limited. The UBV will fit, but it will certainly make things cramped for groceries and other items. Also, I've watched several people lifting it in and out of SUV's lately and it seems pretty cumbersome and heavy for daily use. While do go on some walks on terrain, most of my stroller use will be in and out of preschool and things like the zoo or other activities with my 3 year olds which is mostly flat surface. Also, DH and I are 6'6'' and 5'11'', so the height has always appealed to me. We will also most likely have a very long baby, so the bassinet probably won't be used for long.

I've now started to think about just getting a Maclaren Techno XT and seeing if I need more. I found a great deal for one at $200 new and it appears to be a better option for every day use in and out of the car, good for tall parents and still a sturdy stroller. I'd need to get a snap and go for a few months too, but again, my tall kiddos are typically out of infant seats by 6 mos at the latest anyway. I'm just hesitating because I hate to drop $700 on a stroller that might not be right for our lifestyle, but yet again, I'm in love with the UBV.

Anyone have any thoughts???

M/C #1 - BFP-1/16/08 Dx Blighted Ovum-2/4/08 D&C-2/8/08 @ 7 weeks M/C #2 - BFP-3/31/08 Early M/C-4/10/08 @ 5 weeks M/C #3 - BFP-6/31/08 Early M/C-7/13/08 @ 5.5 weeks Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Deciding between 2 very different strollers...

• I'd go practical over loved.  DH and I shelled out for a stroller I fell in love with when I was pregnant with DD but once she arrived and the novelty wore off, I seriously regretted buying it because it was so stinking inconvenient to use day to day.  Sold it on Craigslist, got a $60 umbrella stroller that we used constantly, threw into airplanes and trunks and STILL rolls straight lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I looooove my UBV so I'm totally biased. It's not heavy to get in and out of the car but awkward sometimes. It is so lightweight to push though, oh my. No regrets here!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • You don't need to bother with a snap n go for the Maclaren Techno, unless you just don't want to take the baby out of the carseat. The Techno is birth and up. I have the Triumph and love it. It's lightweight, I can fold it and unfold it with one hand, and it takes up very little trunk space.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm totally biased because I have the UBV, but I will weigh in because we also live in the suburbs and have a tiny car (scion xa).  I thought the same thing about how big it looked but to be honest, its a breeze getting it open and closed even with stuff in the basket.  Its never going to be as light as an umbrella stroller, but I do love it.
    IUI#1= DD born 1.5.2011
    IUI #4 BFP EDD 5.5.2012 m/c 10/1/2012
    Surprise! BFP 12/4/12 EDD 8/8/2012
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have to agree with pps. I love our UBV. I don't find it awkward at all. DH is tall and really appreciates that he can adjust the handles and walk behind it reclined without bumping his knees.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Oh and they will start clear ancient out the 2012s soon so you should be able to find one much cheaper than 600.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• CHeck out the UB Cruz or BJ City Versa. UBV is HUGE, so I hear ya.
  • I can't speak for the UBV, as I don't have one. I do have the Maclaren Techno XT though, and I absolutely love it! It is from birth and up as it reclines completely flat. It also has bigger wheels with added suspension unlike the other Macs, so it can take the bumps a little better. It's definately not all-terrain or anything, but the thing is as sturdy as they come, folds up small, and only weights about 13-14 lbs. Also, my husband is 6'7', and has no trouble pushing it as the handlebars extend as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the UBV and love it. I am weak (haha) and I don't have a problem folding it and lifting it into the SUV trunk. As far as the tall baby, my son is 2 months old and in the 100% percentile for height and he still fits in the bassinet with room to spare. HTH
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"