Baby Showers
Options

Talk about tacky!

I don't post a TON, I mostly lurk, since my IF days..but I figured everyone here would have a hay day with this. You wanna talk tacky.. This "acquaintance" of mine is not only holding 1 baby shower for herself but 3!!!! She sent out facebook event invites and told people to RSVP to whichever one would work best for them!!!! I couldn't believe it. I understand she lives in one state and is from another, but to host them for yourself and then tell us to RSVP to the one that works the best for us, like we are signing up to volunteer at an event..ha..Killed me. And yes you read the right an acquaintance, that I went to high school with for only a couple years about 7 years ago.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Talk about tacky!

• Options
    Defriend!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLiz4444:
    Defriend!

Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Holllllly cow, some people are insane.  Why wouldn't you just go buy everything your baby needs instead of setting up three parties for yourself?  Someone is desperate for attention.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

RSVP to all 3, then send beef jerky.

Beef jerky is my new way of telling someone they're being tacky.  It was mentioned in a post a couple weeks ago.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    Wow...she sounds desperate...poor woman!
  • Options
    Hahaha, totally read that post. I lol'd.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

bahahaha! I love this I am going to steal this idea from you, I hope thats alright! I have alot of people in my life who deserve beef jerky.

• Options

I hate those kind of poeple, that they only invite you to events that you have to take gifts. One of my classmates in undergrad was getting married and from FB he knew we live in Dallas now, the wedding was in Dallas and he invited us, the invite said no registry, cash gifts appreciated!  7 months later, I got an invite for their baby shower hosted by his MIL, and again it said cash gifts appreciated. I always RSVP, but irked me so much that I did not RSVP to decline, now last month I got another invite to come and meet the baby, this time there was no cash gift please in there. I don't expect every one to be emily post, but don't be this rude either. I don't even know her!!! I am her husband's classmate that I see once year in a conference!!

• Options
    imagegraciesmurf:

Beef jerky is my new way of telling someone they're being tacky.  It was mentioned in a post a couple weeks ago.

Yes

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    imagegraciesmurf:

LMAO yea that was my cousin that registered for beef jerky. I totally bought it for her. I'll be giving it to her in 2 weeks. Should be interesting

imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagechicagocubsfan23:
    imagegraciesmurf:

LMAO yea that was my cousin that registered for beef jerky. I totally bought it for her. I'll be giving it to her in 2 weeks. Should be interesting

Can you take a reaction pic?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"