January 2013 Moms

No offense to anyone, but....

....if you still have skinny thighs, I hate you! LOL! No, just kidding, but I am jealous. I wish I could be someone who only gets bigger in the belly when pregnant, but for me the weight shows up in my thighs, bum, arms, face... pretty much all over! This is my third pregnancy, and I know the weight will come off after the baby is born (at least it did the first two times) but when I see other women in my birth center waiting room who are skinny all over except for in the belly, I look at myself and have to sigh. Not me! Can anyone else admit to jealousy? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: No offense to anyone, but....

• LOL... so funny! My sister, my cousin and myself are all pregnant right now and of course Im the only one with all over weight gain..smh..I hate those skinny B words...lol Im with you 100%
  • Yeah, I'm jealous of those skinny girls, too.  Shame on them!  They should have to fill out everywhere!   

Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • don't be too jealous. I might only be gaining in my belly now but wait til I am in my third tri. I will blow up like a balloon. My whole body gains about 30 lbs half of which is water weight in the third tri. i barely recognized myself. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Heck I hated skinny leg people before I was pregnant! lol!

I'm certainly gaining in places other than my belly too but trying my best to be positive about it. DH is loving the new, larger girls even though at a nice full C they weren't tiny before by any means. 

• imageakating:

don't be too jealous. I might only be gaining in my belly now but wait til I am in my third tri. I will blow up like a balloon. My whole body gains about 30 lbs half of which is water weight in the third tri. i barely recognized myself. 

Hey Lady I sent you an email the other day did you get it? I hope I didnt send it to the wrong email address

• imagebrianabrad:

Heck I hated skinny leg people before I was pregnant! lol!

I'm certainly gaining in places other than my belly too but trying my best to be positive about it. DH is loving the new, larger girls even though at a nice full C they weren't tiny before by any means. 

Heh this is how I feel... I haven't really gained anywhere other than my belly yet other than maybe a little in my boobs but I was pretty curvy everywhere else (other than my boobs) to begin with so I don't think anyone would confuse me with one of those skinny pregnant ladies.

• imagebrianabrad:

DH is loving the new, larger girls even though at a nice full C they weren't tiny before by any means. 

So far that's the only place I've gained... Crying Which was one of the last places I wanted to gain already being a DDD to begin with.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imagebrianabrad:

LOL!!!!  I'm def carrying the baby weight in my butt and thighs.  It must be because I can eat a whole package of Oreos in a day.

• Me!! I am so jealous of the women who get a belly and that is it. I gain in my butt and thighs as my belly grows and so my "is she fat or is she pregnant" stage seems to last that much longer.
  • I wasn't skinny to start out with, so I'm quite content to only gain weight in my belly! ;) 
  • imageAlyssa102:
    imagebrianabrad:

LOL!!!!  I'm def carrying the baby weight in my butt and thighs.  It must be because I can eat a whole package of Oreos in a day.

Yum Oreos! 

• Hey now! I'm also gaining weight in my boobs Stick out tongue I am totally wearing jeggings at work right now, not exactly skinny jeans but man are they comfortable!  I'm slowing morphing into that pregnant woman will only wear yoga pants. 

• image82Sonia:
    Hey now! I'm also gaining weight in my boobs Stick out tongue I am totally wearing jeggings at work right now, not exactly skinny jeans but man are they comfortable!nbsp; I'mnbsp;slowing morphingnbsp;into that pregnant woman will only wear yoga pants.nbsp;

Hahaha too funny... My wardrobe right now consists of yoga pants, and one pair of maternity jeans!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The ladies I really hate are the ones that lose every ounce of baby weight the second they have the baby. I save a special word to call them under my breath when they walk by. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Proud mama to a little boy with Horner's Syndrome and milk protein sensitivity, and a little girl with multiple food allergies. 
  • imageakating:

don't be too jealous. I might only be gaining in my belly now but wait til I am in my third tri. I will blow up like a balloon. My whole body gains about 30 lbs half of which is water weight in the third tri. i barely recognized myself. 

Yeah this is what happened last pregnancy with me, and I'm sure it's slowly happening again. I'm a little person to start out, but I do gain it all over and not just in the belly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

• So I'm one of those bitches that can't seem to gain weight to save my life.  While I can't complain about the weight itself, I wish I had some hips to keep those damn maternity jeans up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

PCOS and Hypothyroidism- Successful IUI's- May 2012 and October 2014.  Miscarriage @ 6w3d in December 2009.
  • Totally.  I seem to be the only person I know that doesn't just have a "basketball smuggling" pregnancy.  I haven't gained a lot yet so far but already my pants are very hard to pull up my bum and my thighs are getting pretty thick.  I'm a FTM so I hope it comes off after!!  I have a pretty amazing metabolism so it should lol.
  • Ha - they might not be as lucky as you think - everyone keeps telling me it's all in my stomach, but I know that even with the belly band, my old pants won't fit over my ever-expanding backside!  Glad I'm not alone :)
    4.23.12 - BFP! EDD 1.3.12

imageimage

• Yes! I am on my third and I just saw my friend (FTM) after baby and was really jealous. I was in a maternity store and told the clerk it was my third. And she was like oh good, cause most third time moms come in here all skinny. Was she implying I was a big tubber?!?! Either way it does all come off. :) 
  • I guess I'm the one with skinny legs but I also have "birthing hips" (whatever that means) so I look like Tweedle Dee when I'm pregnant. Not the look I'm going for!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • imagebrianabrad:

This EXACTLY...minus the C, I'm officialy a D now and afraid of whats to come!

• imagebrianabrad:

my thighs have never not touched so I'm thankful that while they are still touching they are not growing! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This is why it is so important to remember (whether pregnant or not) that women put on weight in different places and you cannot compare your body to someone who has a different shape.  I finally came to terms with this about 5 years ago when I realized that I put on weight in my breasts, arms, and hips but never on my waist or stomach.  Even now you can tell that my waist and stomach do not have fat but are bigger because of the growth of my uterus and baby.  But my friend, who is due a week after me, puts on weight on her stomach, hips, and thighs/butt so we look very differently.

On a related note: an older woman at work was commenting on my growing belly last week and then asked me to turn around to see if my butt had also grown (?!).  I told her that it hadn't changed - that I've only gained in the front - and she said that I was definitely having a girl.  Then, this weekend, my aunt also made me turn around to see my butt.  I guess the inappropriate comments have begun!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hahaha goofyteacher! I know what you mean. I for one have never had a butt or big legs so I always had saggy ass with all my pants. Now that I have a bit of a butt I got so excited! But now I can't fit into any of my jeans to see how it looks. And I'm sure after the baby is born that butt will disappear and I'll miss it like crazy. I hate saggy butt. Lol
  • imagedheimermann:
    Hahaha goofyteacher! I know what you mean. I for one have never had a butt or big legs so I always had saggy ass with all my pants. Now that I have a bit of a butt I got so excited! But now I can't fit into any of my jeans to see how it looks. And I'm sure after the baby is born that butt will disappear and I'll miss it like crazy. I hate saggy butt. Lol

This. I finally got a butt! And yes, my boobs got bigger! But so did my middle so boo :( lol

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • yep, I'm getting bigger in the thighs too.  It sucks.  There is no way I could wear normal pants, even if I wore a bella band or something.

I even have stretch marks on my thighs from my last pregnancy.  That is how much those suckers grew!

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"