Breastfeeding

Help Please

Due to my LO being in the NICU for the first week and a half of her life, my milk supply has been low.  I pumped during that time to try to catch up.  She is now 6 weeks and I have had to suppliment for her whole life due to not having enough milk.  Part of it is that they supplimented in the NICU to get her weight up, but then I have been bf and my supply doesn't seem to be enough.  I tried the fenugreek but that didn't seem to help although I am still taking it.  I am back at work, and pumping two to three times there, but still the most I get is an ounce to two ounces. 

I haven't done this before, and feel like there should be something I can do to at least cut back on the formula.  Isn't this suppsed to be an instinct?  Having a stock of breastmilk in the freezer is a dream at this point. 

Born with TEF, but right as rain now! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help Please

• I did try the tea, and I am not sure it made a difference.  I have had a hospital grade pump the whole time due to her being in the NICU.  I rented it and just kept it after she was out.  Pictures do seem to help.  Although I don't ever feel the milk let down, and have never leaked. 

I will try the one hour session for sure!  I have been looking online and some people said oatmeal?  I'll try that one tonight, hope my other dd and my dh don't mind it for dinner. 

• My best friend is using a new herbal supplement called GoLacta and it has helped her a ton. Its new and I think you have to buy it online.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with the suggestions of PPs. Also, don't stress (I know that's hard), get your rest and eat well. You could even consider doing a lactation vacation over the weekend, where you just stay in bed with LO and nurse, nurse, nurse. That helped my supply immensely. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think part of my problem is that I am a doer...I like to get things done. So when I sit down too long and there are dishes, or laundry, I feel helpless.  Especially since being back at work.  The catch is that my LO is the most important thing, and I know that, and yet I have a hard time giving myself the permission to not do things.  Maybe the lactation vacation is in order. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"