1st Trimester

Nausea

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post on the bump.  I am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant, and had no symptoms until about 6 weeks.  Now, I am dealing with nausea (no vomiting... as of yet...)  I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same type of problem.  It's not constant nausea, but I cannot be too hungry, or too full at any time or I feel like I am going to vomit.  It seems like if I wait 10 minutes too long to eat when I am hungry, I have horrible nausea and am unable to eat at all.  I also find myself getting full faster while eating.  Once I hit full, I start feeling nauseous again.  It's a very delicate balance.  I am trying to eat several small meals throughout the day.  I even have baggies of pretzels and saltines in my purse at all times, but I still am having the problem.  Anyone else experiencing the same problem?  Has anything worked for you?

Re: Nausea

• Peppermint saved my life last time. I was like a little grandmother and always had a pocket of peppermint hard candy with me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm feeling that same way too, but I'm less than 5 weeks!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageChancieMark:
    This is exactly what I'm feeling like. It doesn't feel like "nausea" per se but if I go too long without eating or eat too much I just feel awful.

This is exactly how I felt with my DS and now with this pregnancy it's hit me even sooner. I force myself to eat small meals even though I feel like it's going to make me worse. It always seems to hold off some of the nausea until my next meal. Right now, I'm sipping ginger ale and eating hard candies. It helps a little.  

• Same here. The only thing that has helped at all is emetrol, ginger, and time. If its really bad your doc can call something into the pharmacy for you. Im at 12.5 weeks and it is just now starting to become more bearable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am the same way with the eating. I have to eat before I get hungry, otherwise, I'm done and Im nauseous for the rest of the day. I keep granola bars by my bed (i get one with chocolate peices in to boost my sugar levels a bit). also, oatmeal as helped, same with yogurt and granola. i eat lots of fruit and cucumbers, eggs, toast, pasta)

stay away from artificial flavours and acidic foods (ketchup, tomatoes/sauce)

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I felt like that with my first baby. I made sure to have rice crackers next to my bed and had one when I woke up before I even got out of bed. I also sipped ginger ale throughout the day, used Seabands (acupressure), sucked on lemon heads and ate things with ginger in it. I tried everything. Sadly, I didn't have a ton of relief until 18.5 weeks but I did find that if I forced myself to snack round the clock (rather than big meals), I could keep the nausea to a level where I could function. Good luck to you. I SO feel your pain. 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes I had 24 hr mild nausea. I didnt realize how bad it was untill I got it to go away (for most of the time) Probiotics (to help with digesting and bowels) Sparkling water, homeopathic remedy nux vomica 30c (also helped with my dizziness) totally safe in pregnancy but still talk to your Dr., also ginger, extra water and smaller meals more frequently. good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"