April 2012 Moms

Mirena??

Any one get an IUD or specifically Mirena?  I have an apt oct 5 to discuss it with my dr.  I would love to hear any and all feedback.

Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mirena??

• I got Mirena at 7 wks pp.  I had some cramping for a day or two, then bled for about 2 months and it stopped.  Everything has been good since then.  I have not experienced any negative side effects and no AF, but I'm also breastfeeding. 

I made my decision after talking to my OB because she had used it/and currently is, and had a great experience.  She recommended it for me after going through my concerns about birth control like supply dropping, weight gain, etc.  However, everyone responds differently so if I would have had negative effects I just would have had it taken out and tried something else.

• There's a huge class action lawsuit going on against Mirena. I hear people who either love it with no problems or hate it and ended up in the ER needing blood transfusions.

I had a friend who because of Mirena ended up losing her fertility and can't have another baby. Basically Mirena thins out your uterus lining and when it's removed, the lining is supposed to build back up again. But in some cases it doesn't, so there's not enough for the egg to latch on to. I personally, don't want to take that chance.

• Loading the player...
  • I got one at 8 weeks pp and haven't had any issues.  I definitely recommend it!  I was nervous about it hurting, so I started counting to keep myself calm.  I only got to 80 before the doctor was finished--super quick!  I spotted for a week or two afterwards, but other than that I didn't have any side effects.
  • I got mine 6 weeks pp. inserting hurt, like painful pressure, but it was over quickly. I had some spotting that month, and a little spotting the following month. No other complaints. DH swears he feels the thread, but I think its just because I told him about it. I used the pill for ten years before, and I love mirena so much better. No mood swings, and much better libido than with the pill
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got the hormone free IUD, because I can't do hormones, it is called Paragard.  So far I like it but I EBF so haven't had a period on it.

I didn't think getting it put in hurt very bad and it lasts up to 10 years.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • I had it put in 6 weeks pp. It hurt somewhat going in, but I didn't have any cramping or bleeding afterwards. I had some spotting on and off for a couple of months, but nothing heavy. Now I barely remember I have it in, and DH doesn't notice it. I'm a big fan so far.
  • I had Mirena inserted about 10 weeks pp. I didn't find insertion painful, just a bit uncomfortable. I had a bit of spotting the day after it was inserted and then again 4 weeks after that. I love it! DH can't feel it at all and I don't have to worry about forgetting to take it/use it/change it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"