September 2012 Moms

I'm Back! Birth Story and Pic.

Hey ladies, I'm back!

Sorry I've been MIA for awhile, we had quite the eventful birth.

Carter Jordan was born Sept 10 2012 at 7:50pm, weighing 9 lbs, 12 oz.

After pushing for 3hrs, 10 mins, we also had to deal with shoulder dystocia. I had about 3 drs twisting and turning and pushing on my body in every way to try to get him out. He had his umbilical cord squished between his shoulder and my bone as well, and had a loss of oxygen for 3 minutes. He was unresponsive at birth. They intubated him, got his vitals back up, and then 25 mins later my fighter spit up that tube and was breathing on his own. Since the hospital I gave birth in didn't have a high level NICU, he was taken within a half hour to another hospital via ambulance, and DH went with. I had a 3rd degree tear and was needed to stay at that hospital that night. I didn't get to hold my baby boy for 6 days after that. It's been a long wait, and he's made it so far and is such a strong boy. His head swelled so bad from being stuck in the birth canal so long, and he had his left clavicle fractured while they were pulling him out. I'm happy to state that his head is a little baby sized head and his MRI came back normal, and his clavicle is almost fully healed. We came back home Tuesday Sept 18th and now just finally settling into a routine.

This was a hard journey, especially because I was expecting a take home baby, and not being able to hold him for almost a week was horrible, I've never cried so much in my life. But I am thankful to God that he heard our prayers and looked after Carter and know that there is a reason why this happened and it will only help make me stronger. I know that this little boy will be sure to have all sorts of injuries/broken bones/obstacles in life that may make his momma cry, so maybe he was just preparing me! :) 

Thank you to those girls who thought of me while I"ve been away! Now a new set of worries evolve, as I poke my little boy every 15 minutes to make sure he's still breathing... (hahaha)

A picture of my big "little" boy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I'm Back! Birth Story and Pic.

• Congrats on your baby boy! I'm glad you are both doing well now.

• Oh my gosh, that must have all been so hard and scary! Glad to hear you're all doing well now! Welcome back :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Scary! So glad you are both doing well now! Congrats on a beautiful baby boy.
  • He's adorable! 

So sorry you're have a rough start to mommy-hood, I can only imagine how difficult it was to wait 6 days to hold him. 

Glad everyone is doing better and you're home settling in! 

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• I've been wondering about you!  So glad to finally see you and your little boy!  He is a big little dude!  

Sorry to hear about the obstacles so far, but it looks like he is happy to be home.  Congrats and can't wait to watch him grow healthy! 

• Oh my gosh what an experience you had! I'm sorry you went through all that, but am glad to hear he's healthy! Congrats!!
  • congrats! glad to hear all is well now, despite the dramatic start!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Wow hun that had to be so scary and hard on you!! I'm so glad both of you are doing well. As you know, we were worried about you and wondering where you were. He's a cutie! Congrats!

• Aww hun sorry you guys had such a rough start in your lives together but I'm glad everything is getting better and you are home together now. I completely understand about poking them all the time to make sure they are breathing still. Braidon does this thing where he will stop breathing for like 5-10 seconds all the time. Doctor says its normal but still scary. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I Have been thinking about you. So glad that your little man is okay. I can't imagine how hard that must have been; I'm glad you are all home together. Also, those baby cheeks are scrumptious.

• Congrats on the little boy. Sorry your experience was so rough!!

Carter Douglas 09.25.12

• Oh wow, that is heartbreaking but so glad you are all doing so well now. Congrats on your LO!
  • Congrats on your little boy.  I am so sorry you had such a hard time.  I hope things are better now and you can enjoy your time with him!
                  image     image
  • what a handsome boy!  i'm sorry it was a tough road but i am so glad you all are home and getting settled!!  congrats momma!!
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Oh my gosh! I'm so glad he and you are both doing well - congratulations!
    Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wow, that's quite the story! Glad things are starting to go better now :
  • Aww...so glad you both are doing better after such a rough start! Congrats on your little boy, he's so cute!!
    Chase Alexander 12-11-01
    Sierra Nicole 6-15-05
    Avery Lyn 8-2-12
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats on your little boy! So happy it all had a happy ending. Glad you are getting to snuggle your little guy here.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats! I cannot imagine, but glad to hear everyone is healing well!
    Sept 2012 baby boy
      imageimageimage
    Anniversary
  • Oh my gosh, what a rough start.  So glad to hear he is ok.  Congratulations!
  • Congrats on your lo.  He was a big boy!  Glad that you and him are doing well.
  • Congrats on your beautiful boy! So happy at you are both healthy!

• You have such a good attitude about everything!  Good for you mama!  He is beautiful, enjoy your little man
  • Congrats! :)
  • Wow!  I'd say that was an eventful birth.  I'm glad that you and baby are doing well now.  He's pretty handsome!
  • Yikes! Very scary. Glad you're both doing well now!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What a cutie!!  Sorry you had such a rough time, but glad things are settling in now!
  • So sorry about the rough start, but congratulations and I'm glad that everyone is doing well. Enjoy your new little guy!

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Congratulations on your son! What a story too. Glad to hear everyone is home and all is well. Welcome to the world, Carter!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wowzers... it's sounds like you handled that way better than I would have... and a third degree tear. Totally not fun :( Second degree was crappy enough. I'm glad you're recovering and your baby is happy and healthy and home with you!
    Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • Congrats!
  • Congrats on the sweet boy, and so sorry you had to go through all of that!
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wow, what a crazy story!  I'm so glad you're together and doing well now.  He is a handsome one.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats. Sorry about rough delivery. Glad you guys are doing well

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • How scary that all must've been. I'm glad he's doing well now. Congrats!

• Oh hun, I'm so sorry you went through that!  I'm happy everything turned out well for you and baby. He's adorable, congrats!

Emilia Antoinette
    10.03.12 at 41w5d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, what a story! I'm sorry you had such an ordeal, but very glad everything is ok and you have your guy at home. Congratulations!

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Congratulations! Glad everyone is OK.
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • So glad to hear that you and your baby boy are okay. Congratulations!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad everything turned out okay! He's cute!
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"