February 2013 Moms

work comments

So this lady that I have to work with now thinks that she knows EVERYTHING ABOUT PREGNANCY AND KIDS. She didn't have ANY symptoms during her pregnancy - good for her.

She said to me yesterday "It seems like you have been pregnant forever!"

Today she was asking about my due date (Feb. 1st) and she looked at me and said "You are gona be huge!"

I'm already tired as crap and feeling fat so these comments are starting to get to me.

Am I taking these too personally?

JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

Re: work comments

• I don't think you're taking it too personally. People are rude and for some reason pregnancies make them even ruder.
  • ya..I just haven't been around a lot of pregnant women, so I don't know if I am getting too big. The comments make me feel bigger and make the pregnancy seem longer and more stressful.

JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

• Loading the player...
  • you just need to shake your head sometimes. a guy i work with today just said to me "you are breaking out-that means you are having a girl." hes lucky i love him or i would have killed him..yes i know my skin is breaking out-you dont need to point it out! i figured out quickly...once you become pregnant everyone becomes an expert!! try to just shake it off--you probably still look better than she does
  • true. she could be a football player in my book. hah i'm so mean. SHE DESERVES IT!
    JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

• I've gotten that comment from a coworker who is really "judgy" about people's appearances in general.  I was sort of expecting her to tell me that I'm huge, which she does, and how big my baby is going to be.  I stay away from her as much as I can because she can't control her mouth.  Sadly, I feel that I will be huge, so it doesn't help my confidence at all :(
  • I have heard everything from, "are you having twins?" to "you don't even look pregnant, are you eating enough?". I never thought people could be so rude but apparently when you are pregnant, they are!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When my friends were pregnant I got to hear all of the horror stories about the rude things people say and do to pregnant women. I always made a point to tell them that they look adorable, or cute, or just compliment their hair or something else. I don't know why people feel the need to point out the obvious (the face breaking out) or try and scare you with the "you're going to be huge" comments. I haven't gotten any of those yet (except my husband jokingly telling me I am going to be huge when he sees me eating....again), but I am so much of a smart ass I will likely offer some disparaging remark to them in return. Them: "Wow, you're goimg to be huge." Me: "Maybe I could borrow some clothes then."
  • I get comments all the time from people I work with (mostly guys) but they mostly criticize what I eat. I had pizza for lunch the other day and I heard comments for an hour over how thats not healthy food and i'm really not looking out for my LO.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagemeganschiavo:
    I get comments all the time from people I work with (mostly guys) but they mostly criticize what I eat. I had pizza for lunch the other day and I heard comments for an hour over how thats not healthy food and i'm really not looking out for my LO.

OMG, these comments make me totally go crazy...!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• imageTiger269:
    When my friends were pregnant I got to hear all of the horror stories about the rude things people say and do to pregnant women. I always made a point to tell them that they look adorable, or cute, or just compliment their hair or something else. I don't know why people feel the need to point out the obvious (the face breaking out) or try and scare you with the "you're going to be huge" comments. I haven't gotten any of those yet (except my husband jokingly telling me I am going to be huge when he sees me eating....again), but I am so much of a smart ass I will likely offer some disparaging remark to them in return. Them: "Wow, you're goimg to be huge." Me: "Maybe I could borrow some clothes then."

LOVE that one! 

I might want to say something to that lady like "And you've been annoyingly thoughtless for such a long time! As I get bigger, are you going to get worse" ... Well, I might just say it in my head, but man it might be cathartic to see her reaction.

My Mommy (to be) Blog: http://maitrimama.blogspot.com BabyFruit Ticker image
  • People are strange and rude.  I have a coworker who is similar, except she does NOT have kids at all!  I love how she is an expert on all things childbirth, breastfeeding, and child-rearing related!  (I'm a teacher, so it's not like she has medical expertise or anything similar!)  No one ever asks for her given opinions either!  Ignore the rude crazies or you won't make it through! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"